SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

ppauper

Best Movies

May 8th, 2007, 1:55 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyThis is sure to have been a much better version, made when movies were real movies...The 300 Spartansindeed, back then sodomy was not considered de rigueur in a movie.I might see if I can get hold of the 1962 version you suggest.finally saw 300, not a bad movie even if there was some cheesy CGI (at various points there was a CGI wolf, rhino, and elephants, none of which looked real),plus for no apparent reason the spartans wore nothing but speedos for much of the film which was bizarre

Cuchulainn

Best Movies

May 8th, 2007, 2:48 pm

They faired a bit better than golden CrassusParthia

TraderJoe

Best Movies

May 8th, 2007, 9:46 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyThis is sure to have been a much better version, made when movies were real movies...The 300 Spartansindeed, back then sodomy was not considered de rigueur in a movie.I might see if I can get hold of the 1962 version you suggest.finally saw 300, not a bad movie even if there was some cheesy CGI (at various points there was a CGI wolf, rhino, and elephants, none of which looked real),plus for no apparent reason the spartans wore nothing but speedos for much of the film which was bizarreThought you would have liked that.

migalley

Best Movies

May 8th, 2007, 10:13 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyThis is sure to have been a much better version, made when movies were real movies...The 300 Spartansindeed, back then sodomy was not considered de rigueur in a movie.I might see if I can get hold of the 1962 version you suggest.finally saw 300, not a bad movie even if there was some cheesy CGI (at various points there was a CGI wolf, rhino, and elephants, none of which looked real),plus for no apparent reason the spartans wore nothing but speedos for much of the film which was bizarreThought you would have liked that.Knowing your tastes TJ, I guess you'd prefer if they took their speedos off.

TraderJoe

Best Movies

May 8th, 2007, 10:48 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyThis is sure to have been a much better version, made when movies were real movies...The 300 Spartansindeed, back then sodomy was not considered de rigueur in a movie.I might see if I can get hold of the 1962 version you suggest.finally saw 300, not a bad movie even if there was some cheesy CGI (at various points there was a CGI wolf, rhino, and elephants, none of which looked real),plus for no apparent reason the spartans wore nothing but speedos for much of the film which was bizarreThought you would have liked that.Knowing your tastes TJ, I guess you'd prefer if they took their speedos off.You're such a bandito

migalley

Best Movies

May 8th, 2007, 10:49 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyThis is sure to have been a much better version, made when movies were real movies...The 300 Spartansindeed, back then sodomy was not considered de rigueur in a movie.I might see if I can get hold of the 1962 version you suggest.finally saw 300, not a bad movie even if there was some cheesy CGI (at various points there was a CGI wolf, rhino, and elephants, none of which looked real),plus for no apparent reason the spartans wore nothing but speedos for much of the film which was bizarreThought you would have liked that.Knowing your tastes TJ, I guess you'd prefer if they took their speedos off.You're such a banditoAt least I'm not an Arse Bandit.

TraderJoe

Best Movies

May 8th, 2007, 10:50 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyThis is sure to have been a much better version, made when movies were real movies...The 300 Spartansindeed, back then sodomy was not considered de rigueur in a movie.I might see if I can get hold of the 1962 version you suggest.finally saw 300, not a bad movie even if there was some cheesy CGI (at various points there was a CGI wolf, rhino, and elephants, none of which looked real),plus for no apparent reason the spartans wore nothing but speedos for much of the film which was bizarreThought you would have liked that.Knowing your tastes TJ, I guess you'd prefer if they took their speedos off.You're such a banditoAt least I'm not an Arse Bandit.Yes you are .

migalley

Best Movies

May 8th, 2007, 10:59 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyThis is sure to have been a much better version, made when movies were real movies...The 300 Spartansindeed, back then sodomy was not considered de rigueur in a movie.I might see if I can get hold of the 1962 version you suggest.finally saw 300, not a bad movie even if there was some cheesy CGI (at various points there was a CGI wolf, rhino, and elephants, none of which looked real),plus for no apparent reason the spartans wore nothing but speedos for much of the film which was bizarreThought you would have liked that.Knowing your tastes TJ, I guess you'd prefer if they took their speedos off.You're such a banditoAt least I'm not an Arse Bandit.Yes you are .You're the Shit Stabber around here. Posting pictures of your boyfriend's freshly reamed arsehole. Yuk!

ppauper

Best Movies

May 9th, 2007, 1:18 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnThey faired a bit better than golden CrassusParthiaIndeed >> According to Ctesias, >> the first wave numbered 10,000 soldiers and were commanded by Artapanus. >> They were "cut to pieces" with only two or three Spartans dead.>> Ctesias tells that Xerxes sent another 20,000 troops against the Greeks, >> after the first 10,000 were defeated, >> who also failed to open the pass >>even though they were flogged by their leaders to keep on attacking.>> On the second day Xerxes sent, according to Ctesias, >> another 50,000 to assault the pass. Again they failed. >> The account of the slain gives some indication why: >>the wall of bodies must have broken up the Persian line and detracted from their morale.>>Climbing over the bodies, they could see that they had >>stepped into a killing machine but the officers behind prevented them from withdrawing.And so it went until Ephialtes betrayed the spartans and showed the persians a way round the back

TraderJoe

Best Movies

May 9th, 2007, 10:47 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyYou're the Shit Stabber around here. Posting pictures of your boyfriend's freshly reamed arsehole. Yuk!That is deeply offensive and I really think you ought to be banned from this forum for a comment like that.
Last edited by TraderJoe on May 9th, 2007, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

migalley

Best Movies

May 9th, 2007, 10:49 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyYou're the Shit Stabber around here. Posting pictures of your boyfriend's freshly reamed arsehole. Yuk!That is deeply offensive and I really think you ought to be banned from this forum for a comment like that.You can think what you like. I found the picture you posted deeply offensive, and have no desire to witness such a thing ever again.

TraderJoe

Best Movies

May 9th, 2007, 10:52 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyYou're the Shit Stabber around here. Posting pictures of your boyfriend's freshly reamed arsehole. Yuk!That is deeply offensive and I really think you ought to be banned from this forum for a comment like that.You can think what you like. I found the picture you posted deeply offensive, and have no desire to witness such a thing ever again.It was a picture of some guy doing a moon. It was a joke. You have tried turning it into something it quite obviously wasn't intended to be. You should be banned for showing such lack of discretion and for being so deeply offensive. Anybody else here feel that way? Please vote to ban migalley. YesNo

migalley

Best Movies

May 9th, 2007, 10:57 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyYou're the Shit Stabber around here. Posting pictures of your boyfriend's freshly reamed arsehole. Yuk!That is deeply offensive and I really think you ought to be banned from this forum for a comment like that.You can think what you like. I found the picture you posted deeply offensive, and have no desire to witness such a thing ever again.It was a picture of some guy doing a moon. It was a joke. You have tried turning it into something it quite obviously wasn't intended to be. You should be banned for showing such lack of discretion and for being so deeply offensive. Anybody else here feel that way? Please vote to ban migalley. YesNoIt was a picture of a man's butt. You should be banned for such a lack of discretion and for being so deeply offensive.Please vote to ban TJ.YesYes

TraderJoe

Best Movies

May 9th, 2007, 11:04 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyYou're the Shit Stabber around here. Posting pictures of your boyfriend's freshly reamed arsehole. Yuk!That is deeply offensive and I really think you ought to be banned from this forum for a comment like that.You can think what you like. I found the picture you posted deeply offensive, and have no desire to witness such a thing ever again.It was a picture of some guy doing a moon. It was a joke. You have tried turning it into something it quite obviously wasn't intended to be. You should be banned for showing such lack of discretion and for being so deeply offensive. Anybody else here feel that way? Please vote to ban migalley. YesNoIt was a picture of a man's butt. You should be banned for such a lack of discretion and for being so deeply offensive.Stop lying. Or can't you help yourself ? Like I say - see a doctor.

migalley

Best Movies

May 9th, 2007, 11:12 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyYou're the Shit Stabber around here. Posting pictures of your boyfriend's freshly reamed arsehole. Yuk!That is deeply offensive and I really think you ought to be banned from this forum for a comment like that.You can think what you like. I found the picture you posted deeply offensive, and have no desire to witness such a thing ever again.It was a picture of some guy doing a moon. It was a joke. You have tried turning it into something it quite obviously wasn't intended to be. You should be banned for showing such lack of discretion and for being so deeply offensive. Anybody else here feel that way? Please vote to ban migalley. YesNoIt was a picture of a man's butt. You should be banned for such a lack of discretion and for being so deeply offensive.Stop lying. Or can't you help yourself ? Like I say - see a doctor.You did post a photo of a man's butt, or can't you help yourself? Like I say - see a psychiatrist.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On