Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

TraderJoe
Topic Author

Olympics

August 20th, 2008, 2:01 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: rmaxNZD.......................2You're embarrassing.so what did they win, the man-rape and burglary contests ?I believe they got a gold in the sheep abuse contest where they were the only competitors.Aussie - alright cobber (gold), Wales - how green is your valley (silver), your country (bronze).

migalley

Olympics

August 20th, 2008, 2:14 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: rmaxNZD.......................2You're embarrassing.so what did they win, the man-rape and burglary contests ?I believe they got a gold in the sheep abuse contest where they were the only competitors.Aussie - alright cobber (gold), Wales - how green is your valley (silver), your country (bronze).That's not very nice to your close neighbors in Oz.

TraderJoe
Topic Author

Olympics

August 20th, 2008, 2:22 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: rmaxNZD.......................2You're embarrassing.so what did they win, the man-rape and burglary contests ?I believe they got a gold in the sheep abuse contest where they were the only competitors.Aussie - alright cobber (gold), Wales - how green is your valley (silver), your country (bronze).That's not very nice to your close neighbors in Oz.Australia. Where men are men - and sheep are scared .

migalley

Olympics

August 20th, 2008, 10:13 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: rmaxNZD.......................2You're embarrassing.so what did they win, the man-rape and burglary contests ?I believe they got a gold in the sheep abuse contest where they were the only competitors.Aussie - alright cobber (gold), Wales - how green is your valley (silver), your country (bronze).That's not very nice to your close neighbors in Oz.Australia. Where men are men - and sheep are scared .NZ. Where men rape sheep - and other men.

TraderJoe
Topic Author

Olympics

August 20th, 2008, 10:44 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeAustralia. Where men are men - and sheep are scared .NZ. Where men rape sheep - and other men. Let's end this one here.

TraderJoe
Topic Author

Olympics

August 22nd, 2008, 1:22 pm

QuoteWARNING: Satan is Using Olympics Volleyball to Get Young Boys to Masturbate!International Emergency Christian (Republican) Family Action Alert:Freehold, Iowa - Behind the locked doors of America's Christian bedrooms, young boys are getting swept up in a disturbing trend. "I had a frantic mother come to me the other day in tears," said Pastor Deacon Fred. "She told me that her son, Timothy, invited several of his friends over into his bedroom for private prayer and devotional scripture studies. What she told me next is enough to send shivers down the spine of every God fearing mother and father in our Christian Nation! Satan is in our midst, my friends! The Devil is using Olympics volleyball to lure young men into shedding their clothes, flopping around and falling off off their beds with him into the pit of iniquity. Lucifer is turning innocent afternoon gatherings of imprecatory prayer into frenzied young Masturbating Baptist Boys' Clubs!"When Mrs. Huxton put her ear to the door, she told Pastor that she "heard not the sacred sounds of scripture readings accompanied by soft sweet whispers to our Heavenly Father, but rather a noisy television set spewing Chinese gibberish, tuned to an Olympic volleyball match." When she listened closer, she heard the slapping sounds of flesh-on-flesh accompanied by the grunts and moans of little Christian boys!When she opened the door, Mrs. Huxton reported seeing a pile naked young men, including her own son. "Timothy's head was peeking out from under the pimpled rump of his prayer leader," she said. "They were all on the bedroom floor covered in sweat, their stiffened purple tallywhackers pointing in every direction." Before Mrs. Huxton fainted in the doorway, she noticed the Tivo paused on the scantily clad knee of an Olympic volleyball player from the corner of her tearing eye."When church security officers arrived on the scene the boys had dressed themselves and were seated quietly in the living room, each with an open Bible on their lap," said Pastor Deacon Fred. "But the Devil didn't clean up his mess in the bedroom! No sir! His tell-tale hoof-prints were everywhere! There were empty bottles of secular lubricant, four pairs of silk panties stained with the after-lust of Lucifer's business, and what appeared to be a horse harness stuffed into Timothy's closet along with a case of Red Bull. In addition, security officers reported the boys had been playing with superhero toys," Pastor continued. "Anything related to superheroes except for Jesus is forbidden in this church! Officer Wilkins told me he found a Tantus ball toy and Titanmen training tools under Timothy's bed, and we're looking into it because there are bound to be some some Tantus & Titanmen comic books hidden around somewhere too! The sticky giant gold rings found under Timothy's dresser are also suspect because the boy is probably into the fantasy book series, the Lord of the Rings, and we'll have none of that! There is also the possibility the boys were worshipping an idol because officer Wilkins found a sinister looking black silicone graven image with a bulbous head and nylon straps had been thrown out of Timothy's window. I'm told the tip of the idol smelled like poopy! No doubt the family dog had gotten hold of it." "I have no doubt in my mind that all across America, Christian families are coming across scenes exactly like this!" Pastor Deacon Fred told parishioners on Sunday morning. "We won't stand for it in this church! From this day forward any member of our congregation caught watching Olympic volleyball or even mentioning Olympic volleyball will be asked to pack their belongings and find a place to live where your filthy, sinful, disgusting, depraved masturbation lifestyle is accepted!"Timothy Huxton, Nathan DeAngelino, Alfred Fillmore, and Rufus Washington have each been sent to the Landover Baptist Creation Science Research Facility where they remain isolated from television and one another in the pre-marital mastrubatorial re-conditioning ward until further notice.Where the worthwhile worship!

TraderJoe
Topic Author

Olympics

August 22nd, 2008, 1:47 pm

1 China 47 2 United States 28 3 Great Britain 18 4 Russia 18 5 Germany 14 6 Australia 11 7 South Korea 11 8 Japan 8 9 Italy 7 10 Netherlands 6

ppauper

Olympics

August 22nd, 2008, 1:57 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: rmaxNZD.......................2You're embarrassing.so what did they win, the man-rape and burglary contests ?I believe they got a gold in the sheep abuse contest where they were the only competitors.there are reports that NZ may be stripped of the medal because one of the sheep tested positive for Rohypnol

TraderJoe
Topic Author

Olympics

August 22nd, 2008, 2:05 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: TraderJoeQuoteOriginally posted by: rmaxNZD.......................2You're embarrassing.so what did they win, the man-rape and burglary contests ?I believe they got a gold in the sheep abuse contest where they were the only competitors.there are reports that NZ may be stripped of the medal because one of the sheep tested positive for RohypnolOh, very good ppauper. What did your mother buy you for your birthday - a sense of humour ?

fars1d3s

Olympics

August 22nd, 2008, 3:40 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerQuoteOriginally posted by: fars1d3sWhy is Modern Pentathlon not a well-publicized event, as measured by TV airtime and commentaries in the media and the press ?... don't you think that the winner of this event should be the most-respected ... as opposed to "the fastest man" for example ?The obvious answer is that pistol shooting doesn't make good TV. But I think the real answer is suggested in your post:QuoteIt was De Coubertin's belief that it would be this event, above all others, that "tested a man's moral qualities as much as his physical resources and skills, producing thereby the ideal, complete athlete."I agree that the pentathlon is not a test of skill in any one of the events. Rather, it is a test of whether a man can be good at multiple things. Is "the most multiple man" (or "the most moral" man) as exciting as "the fastest" man? Definitely not. For the multiple man may be good at nothing, and therefore useless.When I go to the hardware store, do I look for a screwdriver which I can also drink beer out of? It seems that this axis of "completeness" is rather arbitrary and contrived. They might just as soon enter the man into a beauty contest, or see which of the men's skin tone most closely matches a wooden floor, or see who fits inside a 4x4x4 box the best.But then there would still be people who could fit inside the box better than any of the multiple men.Certainly the "fastest blue-eyed man" or the "fastest man in Spain" is less exciting than the world's fastest man. Same thing if you want the world's "fastest man who can shoot." There are so infinitely many combinations, each of which would produce a different winner. Who is to say which combination is the important one? Running is obviously a top athletic contest, the winner of which is a top athlete.Actually, in modern pentathlon, people would definitely enjoy watching the swimming, running and equestrian events. I am watching that on MSNBC. These are a marquee events.

ppauper

Olympics

August 23rd, 2008, 1:24 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: fars1d3sActually, in modern pentathlon, people would definitely enjoy watching the swimming, running and equestrian events. I am watching that on MSNBC. These are a marquee events.equestrianism a marquee event ?

Panoramix

Olympics

August 25th, 2008, 11:20 am

Here is the total number of medals won and the top ten chart: Gold Silver Bronze Total 1 China............... 51... 21.... 28...... 100 2 United States... 36.. 38..... 36...... 110 3 Russia.............. 23.. 21..... 28....... 72 4 Great Britain.....19...13..... 15........ 47 5 Germany...........16...10......15........ 41 6 Australia.......... 14.. 15...... 17....... 46 7 South Korea.... 13.. 10........ 8....... 31 8 Japan................9..... 6....... 10...... 25 9 Italy..................8.....10....... 10..... 28 10 France...........7..... 16....... 17...... 40

Cuchulainn

Olympics

August 25th, 2008, 11:55 am

good boxer, that Italian heavyweight guy.

Panoramix

Olympics

August 26th, 2008, 7:13 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: Cuchulainngood boxer, that Italian heavyweight guy.Yes. Camarelle was so good: at fourth round he was winning 14/4 and then...knock out! Great match.I noticed that we won in catch-as-catch-can (kick boxing, boxe,roman-greek catch-as-catch-can) and in fencing(foil and epee) and swimming (free swimming mainly).We have to wait 4 yeras to start dreaming again.

Cuchulainn

Olympics

August 26th, 2008, 7:54 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: PanoramixQuoteOriginally posted by: Cuchulainngood boxer, that Italian heavyweight guy.Yes. Camarelle was so good: at fourth round he was winning 14/4 and then...knock out! Great match.I noticed that we won in catch-as-catch-can (kick boxing, boxe,roman-greek catch-as-catch-can) and in fencing(foil and epee) and swimming (free swimming mainly).We have to wait 4 yeras to start dreaming again.yeah, he was good at moving to and fro.In Western Europe, Italy, UK and Ireland did well in boxing. I did not like Degale's rubbish performance. it was not boxing.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on August 25th, 2008, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.