SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

farmer
Topic Author

When you marry a girl in Florida, USA, how much does it cost to get rid of her?

September 24th, 2008, 1:38 pm

Suppose I marry some girl, we watch TV for 12 months, have no kids, and then she joins the peace corps. Does she cost me money?Never mind why someone would think anything other than "til death do us part." Suppose she doesn't do anything quite as bad as turning out to actually be a man, but still bad enough that I want a divorce or annulment.Suppose during that year my net worth goes from $5 million to $20 million (completely made up numbers). Will I have to give her some? Just for saying "I do" and sitting on the couch with me which she was doing already?

ppauper

September 24th, 2008, 1:52 pm

get a pre-nup !

Traden4Alpha

September 24th, 2008, 3:01 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerSuppose I marry some girl, we watch TV for 12 months, have no kids, and then she joins the peace corps. Does she cost me money?Never mind why someone would think anything other than "til death do us part." Suppose she doesn't do anything quite as bad as turning out to actually be a man, but still bad enough that I want a divorce or annulment.Suppose during that year my net worth goes from $5 million to $20 million (completely made up numbers). Will I have to give her some? Just for saying "I do" and sitting on the couch with me which she was doing already?You're lucky that Florida isn't a common law marriage state or you'd be married already!
Last edited by Traden4Alpha on September 23rd, 2008, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farmer
Topic Author

September 24th, 2008, 4:29 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperget a pre-nup !A marriage is a contract that says fuck me when you're young, and I will stick by you when you are old and nobody wants you. It is not clear to me why else a girl would want to get married except for long-term financial security.But I am curious does it vest or something - 10% after a year of fucking, 25% after 5 years of fucking, 50% after the first child? Or does she get half on the first day?Are the laws structured fairly? Is it possible to design and enforce a pre-nup that structures it fairly? Fairly in the eyes of God?Obviously Anna Nicole didn't get jack, so it takes more than a marriage certificate and a blowjob to get the key to the bank vault. Or does it? Was it because she was shown to be a harlot that she got cheated?
Last edited by farmer on September 23rd, 2008, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Y0da

September 24th, 2008, 5:58 pm

It is good to see that you respect your money. Paul McCartney didn't.Money > Women imho. I don't know about how the laws are inFlorida. How are these laws in other states and other countries than US?

Y0da

September 24th, 2008, 6:15 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Y0daIt is good to see that you respect your money. Paul McCartney didn't.Money > Women imho. I don't know about how the laws are inFlorida. How are these laws in other states and other countries than US?Hmm on the second thought. Once you have so much moneythat you don't know what do do with it, then you are allowedto use some of it too fool with. So McCartney is hereby forgiven.

Cuchulainn

September 24th, 2008, 6:38 pm

What about RockafellaNotice that everyone is driving around in Morris Minors and Austin Healeys.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on September 23rd, 2008, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farmer
Topic Author

September 24th, 2008, 8:10 pm

I just figure the crazy bitch will get bored after a year and move to London or something. So then I have to go to court to get detached or something, and I wonder what will happen.

farmer
Topic Author

September 24th, 2008, 8:11 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Y0daIt is good to see that you respect your money.All my money is tied up in dogs. But with my luck, I would win the lottery the day after I got married. Without even playing.

migalley

September 24th, 2008, 8:31 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnWhat about RockafellaNotice that everyone is driving around in Morris Minors and Austin Healeys.I didn't see any Mini Mokes though.
Last edited by migalley on September 24th, 2008, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trackstar

September 24th, 2008, 9:22 pm

"Suppose during that year my net worth goes from $5 million to $20 million..."That's quite a gain in a year's time.If she has been managing your assets, I think that you owe her 2 and 20.

PaperCut

September 24th, 2008, 10:02 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerSuppose I marry some girl, we watch TV for 12 months, have no kids, and then she joins the peace corps. Does she cost me money?Never mind why someone would think anything other than "til death do us part." Suppose she doesn't do anything quite as bad as turning out to actually be a man, but still bad enough that I want a divorce or annulment.Suppose during that year my net worth goes from $5 million to $20 million (completely made up numbers). Will I have to give her some? Just for saying "I do" and sitting on the couch with me which she was doing already?Florida is particular in that divorce is formulaic and non-negotiable. It doesn't matter who was cheating, who drinks too much or who initiated the divorce proceeding; they look up your present income on a little sheet and you will pay some percentage of it to her for a very long time. If you seek divorce in another state you may find it to be more negotiable. I suggest you place your dogs, and any other assets, into a QTIP trust (I can't remember what the acronym means), so her next victim won't be buying Guinness on your tab.

migalley

September 24th, 2008, 10:32 pm

It might be cheaper for you to order a hit, and get rid of her that way.

farmer
Topic Author

September 25th, 2008, 10:21 am

It seems like these law were designed to marginalize liberated women. Either that or liberation was designed to ruin girls' lives. I wouldn't marry a girl raised anywhere outside of Iran under these rules.Guys getting married must be stupid. All I can say is that they must not know a thing about women.

Cuchulainn

September 25th, 2008, 12:28 pm

Quote///Wilmott is a secular site. Here's some of the rulesQuoteYou agree that you will not use our forums to post any material, or links to any material, which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, racist, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on September 24th, 2008, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On