SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 67113
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: When you marry a girl in Florida, USA, how much does it cost to get rid of her?

September 11th, 2017, 4:00 pm

irma tied for 7th worst storm

the 1935 labor day storm which seems to have had a similar track in florida is number 1
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 67113
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: When you marry a girl in Florida, USA, how much does it cost to get rid of her?

September 14th, 2017, 1:39 pm

ppauper wrote:
in 2010, congressman Hank Johnson (D, Ga) famously worried that Guam might "tip over and capsize” if thousands of US troops were relocated there from okinawa.
Alex Jones has in the past wondered what would happen if a hurricane triggered Rep. Johnson's mechanism in florida

Kim Jong-un may use the same mechanism
north korea threatens to sink japan
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 55640
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: When you marry a girl in Florida, USA, how much does it cost to get rid of her?

September 14th, 2017, 3:05 pm

ppauper wrote:
ppauper wrote:
in 2010, congressman Hank Johnson (D, Ga) famously worried that Guam might "tip over and capsize” if thousands of US troops were relocated there from okinawa.
Alex Jones has in the past wondered what would happen if a hurricane triggered Rep. Johnson's mechanism in florida

Kim Jong-un may use the same mechanism
north korea threatens to sink japan

We'll save Australia
Don't want to hurt no kangaroo
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 67113
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: When you marry a girl in Florida, USA, how much does it cost to get rid of her?

September 14th, 2017, 3:44 pm

Cuchulainn wrote:
ppauper wrote:
ppauper wrote:
in 2010, congressman Hank Johnson (D, Ga) famously worried that Guam might "tip over and capsize” if thousands of US troops were relocated there from okinawa.
Alex Jones has in the past wondered what would happen if a hurricane triggered Rep. Johnson's mechanism in florida

Kim Jong-un may use the same mechanism
north korea threatens to sink japan

We'll save Australia
Don't want to hurt no kangaroo


australia is huge so would need a huge bomb to sink it
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 67113
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: When you marry a girl in Florida, USA, how much does it cost to get rid of her?

September 14th, 2017, 4:37 pm

Cuchulainn wrote:
Don't want to hurt no kangaroo

mano a mano?
Image
 
 
 
User avatar
TidalFlood
Posts: 33
Joined: January 2nd, 2018, 3:13 pm

Re: When you marry a girl in Florida, USA, how much does it cost to get rid of her?

March 20th, 2018, 3:59 pm

Too much violence in America.
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 67113
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: When you marry a girl in Florida, USA, how much does it cost to get rid of her?

March 20th, 2018, 6:04 pm

cops looking for mpnkey near strip club
no doubt they checked inside the club to make sure the monkey wasn't there
 
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 67113
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: When you marry a girl in Florida, USA, how much does it cost to get rid of her?

April 29th, 2018, 7:40 am

an eleventh grade anatomy class at Westside High School
Jacksonville dad outraged by sexually explicit question on daughter's anatomy assignment 
“Ursula was devastated when her boyfriend broke up with her after having sex. To get revenge, she had sex with his best friend the next day. Ursula had a beautiful baby girl 9 months later. Ursula has type O blood, her ex-boyfriend is type AB blood, and his best friend is type A blood. If her baby daddy is her ex-boyfriend, what could her baby’s possible blood type(s) NOT be?”
(a) A
(b) B
(c) O
(d) both A and B

 
User avatar
bearish
Posts: 3131
Joined: February 3rd, 2011, 2:19 pm

Re: When you marry a girl in Florida, USA, how much does it cost to get rid of her?

April 29th, 2018, 11:08 am

ppauper wrote:
an eleventh grade anatomy class at Westside High School
Jacksonville dad outraged by sexually explicit question on daughter's anatomy assignment 
“Ursula was devastated when her boyfriend broke up with her after having sex. To get revenge, she had sex with his best friend the next day. Ursula had a beautiful baby girl 9 months later. Ursula has type O blood, her ex-boyfriend is type AB blood, and his best friend is type A blood. If her baby daddy is her ex-boyfriend, what could her baby’s possible blood type(s) NOT be?”
(a) A
(b) B
(c) O
(d) both A and B



The blood type of her ex-bf’s best friend is clearly irrelevant to the question.
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 67113
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: When you marry a girl in Florida, USA, how much does it cost to get rid of her?

April 29th, 2018, 1:41 pm

I think people are upset by the sexually explicit nature of the question

there are tables all over the internet
The one I saw said that if the mother is O and the father AB, there is a 50% chance of the baby being A and a 50% chance of the baby being B
The answer would be (c) O, and as you say, the blood type of the best friend is a red herring. The baby's gender also seems to be a red herring, at least for this question

fwiw, if the best friend who  is  A turns out to be the father, there is a 75%  chance the baby is A and 25% chance he is O
 
User avatar
Traden4Alpha
Posts: 23951
Joined: September 20th, 2002, 8:30 pm

Re: When you marry a girl in Florida, USA, how much does it cost to get rid of her?

April 29th, 2018, 2:35 pm

How in the world is this "sexually explicit"????? There is no explicit descriptions of either anatomy or activity.

At worst, the question poses a hypothetical involving what some might consider immoral behavior and what others call "none of your business."
 
User avatar
tw
Posts: 861
Joined: May 10th, 2002, 3:30 pm

Re: When you marry a girl in Florida, USA, how much does it cost to get rid of her?

April 29th, 2018, 3:39 pm

What is the probability this knowledge is useful to some student in this exact setting at some point in their life?
>0% I suspect.

As a problem it seems to tick the three Reithian boxes.

Traden4Alpha wrote:
How in the world is this "sexually explicit"????? There is no explicit descriptions of either anatomy or activity.

At worst, the question poses a hypothetical involving what some might consider immoral behavior and what others call "none of your business."
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...


JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...