SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Traden4Alpha

When you marry a girl in Florida, USA, how much does it cost to get rid of her?

March 18th, 2016, 8:27 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauper">see you later, alligatorQuote'Rambo' wears clothes, rides on motorcycle(snip) She says she has trained him not to bite.as long as he knows not to bitePet owners are also convinced THEY are the ones who love animals versus people who don't own an animal.Buying and owning a living creature is cruel and unethical as can be IMO, may that be a poodle or and alligator.And yeah... that woman shall probably be killed or be sent to Guantanamo to the benefit of society.Why do you think living with animal companions is cruelty? (BTW, are you a vegan?)I'd wager that most of the domesticated species have been intensively bred to be happy with domesticated life. And some scientists hypothesize that dogs voluntarily joined human encampments, not the other way around. It's hard to imagine whippets wanting to live the feral lifestyle!

ppauper

March 18th, 2016, 9:06 pm

I have no song feelings either way on pets/companion animals.I am skeptical of the lady's claim that she's trained Rambo not to bite and wouldn't want to put that to the test.

tagoma

March 18th, 2016, 9:18 pm

I'm an omnivorous according to wikipedia, just like pigs, raccoons and rats.But I admit I eat meat quite rarely. It is expensive and generally requires a lot of energy and other resrouces such water for its production. And yeah, cows living in barns are probably not super happy.
Last edited by tagoma on March 17th, 2016, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bearish

March 18th, 2016, 9:50 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauper">see you later, alligatorQuote'Rambo' wears clothes, rides on motorcycle(snip) She says she has trained him not to bite.as long as he knows not to bitePet owners are also convinced THEY are the ones who love animals versus people who don't own an animal.Buying and owning a living creature is cruel and unethical as can be IMO, may that be a poodle or and alligator.And yeah... that woman shall probably be killed or be sent to Guantanamo to the benefit of society.Why do you think living with animal companions is cruelty? (BTW, are you a vegan?)I'd wager that most of the domesticated species have been intensively bred to be happy with domesticated life. And some scientists hypothesize that dogs voluntarily joined human encampments, not the other way around. It's hard to imagine whippets wanting to live the feral lifestyle!This is reminiscent of the dinner at The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

Traden4Alpha

March 18th, 2016, 11:09 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: bearishQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauper">see you later, alligatorQuote'Rambo' wears clothes, rides on motorcycle(snip) She says she has trained him not to bite.as long as he knows not to bitePet owners are also convinced THEY are the ones who love animals versus people who don't own an animal.Buying and owning a living creature is cruel and unethical as can be IMO, may that be a poodle or and alligator.And yeah... that woman shall probably be killed or be sent to Guantanamo to the benefit of society.Why do you think living with animal companions is cruelty? (BTW, are you a vegan?)I'd wager that most of the domesticated species have been intensively bred to be happy with domesticated life. And some scientists hypothesize that dogs voluntarily joined human encampments, not the other way around. It's hard to imagine whippets wanting to live the feral lifestyle!This is reminiscent of the dinner at The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.That is a logical extension of it!Look at it this way, if a breed of domestic animal ceases to be of use, it ceases to be selected for breeding on farms and goes extinct.There was a study of the genetics of domestic animals vs. their wild cousins that found that the genomes of domestic animals have all changed in common ways (mostly related to brain development). At this point it may be cruel to release these creatures. Their natural environment, the one they are most adapted to, is now are farms and homes.

daveangel

April 6th, 2016, 9:59 am

monster crocodile shot in Florida
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers

tagoma

April 6th, 2016, 10:09 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelmonster crocodile shot in FloridaOnly John Deere could handle that.

ppauper

April 8th, 2016, 8:05 am

"it's not mine, I'm storing it for a friend"

ppauper

April 8th, 2016, 8:07 am

alligator at wendy's

tagoma

April 12th, 2016, 7:05 pm

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE?
Last edited by tagoma on April 11th, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daveangel

April 13th, 2016, 7:13 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaGUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE?it's a tough way of proving a point
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers

katastrofa

May 27th, 2016, 10:36 pm

Here's Johnny!Seriously, how could he believe that who's probably one of the most beautiful women in the history of our sex married him for love (no prenup)? And she must have a strong stomach, even if they last only 15 months.

ppauper

Re: When you marry a girl in Florida, USA, how much does it cost to get rid of her?

September 2nd, 2016, 6:52 am

Hermine becomes first hurricane to make landfall in Florida in 11 years
category 1
remember when the "global warming experts" told us that we were going to have lots more hurricanes?

ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On