Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Nonius
Topic Author

What is your favorite Beer.

April 23rd, 2003, 11:32 am

I am bored today...stuck on a math problem.

Nonius
Topic Author

April 23rd, 2003, 11:33 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: NoniusI am bored today...stuck on a math problem.Oh, here's another question...who is your favorite person to hate?

FDAXHunter

April 23rd, 2003, 11:35 am

Favorite Beer: MilkFavorite Person to hate: I've made a list, you can check it at phonebook.com

gc

April 23rd, 2003, 11:37 am

My preferred one is Duvel, followed very closed by Chimay Blu ... I am definitively a Belgian beer lover...gc

Nonius
Topic Author

April 23rd, 2003, 11:45 am

Belgian Beer definitely rules. Now, who is your favorite person to hate when you are pissed out of your mind on your favorite beer? Riddle me that?

Nonius
Topic Author

April 23rd, 2003, 11:56 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: NoniusBelgian Beer definitely rules. Now, who is your favorite person to hate when you are pissed out of your mind on your favorite beer? Riddle me that?and, what deers to you snear at when you are near the apogee of drunkeness precipitated by the downing of one to many of your favorite beers? Not Kir, I ask....but beer..don't be a queer! Don't fear my enquiries! Am I near the end of my ramblings? Should I make for the rear exit and leave behind my Wilmott peers....Hear me out, and sing to me, oh quantitative Muses, of the twists and turns of of Nonius' tears!

FDAXHunter

April 23rd, 2003, 12:02 pm

You're quoting yourself my friend... and its not even 15:00 CET yet.*Sings:Here's to you Mrs. Robinson, Jesus loves you more than you would knowwwwww.... yeaheaaaahh*

Nonius
Topic Author

April 23rd, 2003, 12:05 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: FDAXHunterYou're quoting yourself my friend... and its not even 15:00 CET yet.*Sings:Here's to you Mrs. Robinson, Jesus loves you more than you would knowwwwww.... yeaheaaaahh*15:07 my friend, 15:07...

kr

April 23rd, 2003, 12:08 pm

the answer to this question should factor in a great deal of seasonalityfor lack of a better stout option in the US, my winter choice would be Guinness, for drinking on cold and miserable evenings (of which we have had more than our fair share this year)but on a hot and sticky afternoon in August when the air is not moving at all, one should put a case of Presidente into one of those cheap styrofoam coolers along with plenty of ice, some limes and an old swiss army knife, lug everything up to the roof deck and pull your visor down over your eyes as far as possible in between times... well, one has too many choices these days, and by the time you figure out what's good, they start stocking something else

kr

April 23rd, 2003, 12:15 pm

oh yeah - and to sneer at, I'd practice a little talebathy, aggressively wondering out loud how the results could have been so good in 'Dynamic Hedging' and so bad in 'Fooled...'or the boss...outside of daily life, it is fun to blast away at a long list of annoying popular media individuals, the P Diddys and Eminems and Madonnas of the world, and those Hollywood individuals who are fraudulently advertised as being so sexy (which is still ok with me because the whole world can have these sugarfree rice krispies... I'll keep the 'real' good ones all for myself)

chiral3

April 23rd, 2003, 12:29 pm

1)Chimay2) Sierra Neva Pale Ale3)Bass4) Harp w/ a limeThat is what is in my fridge now.

Nonius
Topic Author

April 23rd, 2003, 1:25 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: chiral31)Chimay2) Sierra Neva Pale Ale3)Bass4) Harp w/ a limeThat is what is in my fridge now.I've got Hogaarden and Veuve Cliquot in the fridge...No, wait! that's a champagne!

Tomfr

April 23rd, 2003, 2:28 pm

Guinness rulezzz (especially extra cold; I moved 2y ago just to be 50m from the only pub in Paris where it is available)Also :2/ Maudite (Quebec)3/ Kriek (Belgium)Spent last St Patrick in Dublin, really crazy...

Yael

April 30th, 2003, 2:50 pm

Maudite is good, but my personal favourite is Caffrey's. Too bad it's hard to come by in Paris. Any clue greatly appreciated.

kutilya

April 30th, 2003, 3:58 pm

<blockquote>Quote<hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Yael</b></i>Maudite is good, but my personal favourite is Caffrey's. Too bad it's hard to come by in Paris. Any clue greatly appreciated.<hr></blockquote>Caffrey's is great, my Irish friends tell me that its a mellowed version of Guinness for the international market, although they themselves can't drink anything other than Guinness The Belgian beers are great but my only problem is even if I have a couple the next morning is like a thousand horses marching and a few dozen elephants trumphating in my head.K
Last edited by kutilya on April 29th, 2003, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.