SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

ISayMoo

Re: What is your favorite Beer.

June 29th, 2019, 8:01 pm

Ukraine is a large country with a large agricultural sector.

katastrofa

June 30th, 2019, 10:04 am

We just love animals.

Silvervine - beer for cats: "Enjoy getting drunk with Cat Toy!"
Almost thankful from box, Japan! ;-P
Attachments
03ED9E05-A723-4680-A54B-55FA5331034D.jpeg

Cuchulainn

June 30th, 2019, 11:44 am

Can we just chalk it up to religion in general?
Yes and no. It's all about power. The three pillar are the church (who run the show for 100%) together with the forces of law and order viz. police, politician and judiciary.
It took 700 years to get the Sassanach out, now we got this mob in its place. 

Cuchulainn

June 30th, 2019, 12:01 pm

And those who got out were vilified by the society for exposing its parochial rotten foundations. Children are the niggers of the world.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Tyrrell - committed suicide in London by setting fire to himself, wrote a book about Letterfrack that was published posthumously

In 2015 they opened the Letterfrack Poetry Trail commemorating the 147 victims of the brutality. The graveyard is at its path.
A related horror story by Brendan Boland in his book

Brendan lived in our street and both he and his sister played in a pop group with my sister.

The animal Brendan Smyth continued to moleste boys and girls for year after. Another mega cover-up by the Catholic Church.

You don't even know the half of it.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on June 30th, 2019, 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cuchulainn

June 30th, 2019, 12:05 pm

bearish

June 30th, 2019, 12:06 pm

We just love animals.

I learned a lot about actinidia polygama this morning. Its fruits are consumable by humans and, while it doesn’t cause bouts of jumping, rubbing, licking etc, it has various culinary and possibly medicinal applications. Never heard of it before...

Cuchulainn

June 30th, 2019, 12:17 pm

It's actually connected! I've been told Catholic Church's oppression caused the Irish's alcohol problem in the past.

very blue eyes, black hair (though completely straight) and nicely darker (but not yellowish) skin. 

Ok, I've had enough beer for the rest of the year and don't want to annoy Bearish.
And red beard in my case!

katastrofa

June 30th, 2019, 3:36 pm

And those who got out were vilified by the society for exposing its parochial rotten foundations. Children are the niggers of the world.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Tyrrell - committed suicide in London by setting fire to himself, wrote a book about Letterfrack that was published posthumously

In 2015 they opened the Letterfrack Poetry Trail commemorating the 147 victims of the brutality. The graveyard is at its path.
A related horror story by Brendan Boland in his book

Brendan lived in our street and both he and his sister played in a pop group with my sister.

The animal Brendan Smyth continued to moleste boys and girls for year after. Another mega cover-up by the Catholic Church.

You don't even know the half of it.
I "volunteered" (I hated it, but my family insisted) in two local orphanages when I was a teenager myself. What was happening there and the children's stories... - I can imagine the rest.

katastrofa

June 30th, 2019, 3:43 pm

It's actually connected! I've been told Catholic Church's oppression caused the Irish's alcohol problem in the past.

very blue eyes, black hair (though completely straight) and nicely darker (but not yellowish) skin. 

Ok, I've had enough beer for the rest of the year and don't want to annoy Bearish.
And red beard in my case!

You have a bit of a green beard ;-)
Yesterday I met a man from Donegal, who looked very similar to you in the photo. When he approached me it turned out that he was all covered in dark freckles.

Cuchulainn

June 30th, 2019, 4:49 pm

My great^3 grandfather came from Donegal. His other 5 siblings did not survive the Famine.  It feels like home when up there.

katastrofa

June 30th, 2019, 9:22 pm

We just love animals.

I learned a lot about actinidia polygama this morning. Its fruits are consumable by humans and, while it doesn’t cause bouts of jumping, rubbing, licking etc, it has various culinary and possibly medicinal applications. Never heard of it before...
I'm sometimes sceptical about all the magic plants and fruits - used by ancient Buddhist monks to toughen their ying-yangs or something like that.
When I look at the nutrition table: some flavonoids, carotenoids and vitamins - it's a carrot.

Another feline attractant which isn't widely known is honeysuckle wood. They give pieces of the wood to cats in Australia, but it's not well researched if it's safe.

katastrofa

July 1st, 2019, 12:11 pm

The photo of the graveyard gate now displays the poem by one of the survirors:
Attachments
BFF23ED2-22D5-4936-AD2C-335309AC734A.jpeg

Cuchulainn

July 1st, 2019, 3:20 pm

Also in Galway is in Tuam the Mother and Baby Home.
I can't even talk about it, it's so sickening...

katastrofa

July 1st, 2019, 11:36 pm

It undoubtedly took an unimaginable strength of those people to tell their stories, but things are changing thanks to them. BTW, "Calvary" and "Philomena" - great movies, "settling" in a way.

I think the abortion law referendum in Ireland sealed the change - your modern society has the courage to face such problems and can't be intimidated anymore
IMHO, talking about it from time to time affirma this status.

bearish

July 2nd, 2019, 2:10 am

A society may appear modern for a decade or two, and then descend into medieval suppression. The US being a case in point.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On