SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

migalley
Topic Author

Who believes Pakistan?

November 29th, 2008, 10:17 pm

For all Pakistan's claims of innocence in the Bombay massacre, who actually believes them?

imrantahir540

Who believes Pakistan?

November 30th, 2008, 4:47 am

If the question do I believe the terrorists were sponsored by the government, I believe there are probably some factions within the government that will always support terrorism. I would say at least 10% of the ISI (the CIA of Pakistan) are very pro-Taliban. If the question is they were trained and supported by the citizens of Pakistan, the answer is definitely.

ppauper

Who believes Pakistan?

November 30th, 2008, 5:40 pm

and a group called the Deccan Mujahideen has claimed responsibility.With a name like that, they're not shintoists

cosmologist

Who believes Pakistan?

December 1st, 2008, 7:42 am

For all those who wanted to know the truth, the answer should be something like this.LeT with the help of ISI and Dawood Ibrahim, the most dangerous terrorist alive (assuming that Bin Laden died in the Tora Bora attack), carried out this attack. Well, police captured one of the guys, a class 4 passed jehadi. The revelations are mind numbing. I don't want to discuss the topic here . I am tired and have resigned myself to probabilistic theory on my/our survival.I have one last suggestion for the western world. The terror that is nurtured in Pakistan and is ignored by most of you will play havoc in your daily life/lives not far in future. I Remember, evil multiplies. Nothing more to say.

migalley
Topic Author

Who believes Pakistan?

December 2nd, 2008, 10:18 pm

It looks like the censors have been out in force and deleted the "Who believes muslims?" thread. So much for free speech!

Fermion

Who believes Pakistan?

December 2nd, 2008, 11:59 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: cosmologistThe terror that is nurtured in Pakistan and is ignored by most of you will play havoc in your daily life/lives not far in future. Unfortunately not just ignored, but actively encouraged by successive US governments supporting various Islamic nutcase military dictatorships, and as a channel for supplying weaponry, funding and training to the Islamic fundamentalist terrorists (who created the Taleban and Al Qaeda) throughout the 80s in order to overthrow the first modern secular remotely rational government in Afghanistan (because it called itself communist and was supported by the Soviet Union) and as an anti-Shi'ite counter-force to Iran (just as the west funded Saddam's war against Iran through Kuwait).The west has no chance whatsoever of defeating Islamic terrorism, or any other form of terrorism, until it stops its own terrorist activities.

PaperCut

Who believes Pakistan?

December 3rd, 2008, 3:07 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: cosmologistFor all those who wanted to know the truth, the answer should be something like this.LeT with the help of ISI and Dawood Ibrahim, the most dangerous terrorist alive (assuming that Bin Laden died in the Tora Bora attack), carried out this attack. Well, police captured one of the guys, a class 4 passed jehadi. The revelations are mind numbing. I don't want to discuss the topic here . I am tired and have resigned myself to probabilistic theory on my/our survival.I have one last suggestion for the western world. The terror that is nurtured in Pakistan and is ignored by most of you will play havoc in your daily life/lives not far in future. I Remember, evil multiplies. Nothing more to say.Huh?

daveangel

Who believes Pakistan?

December 3rd, 2008, 7:34 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyIt looks like the censors have been out in force and deleted the "Who believes muslims?" thread. So much for free speech!I am not surprised - it was getting heated and pointless.
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers

Owais

Who believes Pakistan?

December 3rd, 2008, 7:56 am

I am not surprised - it was getting heated and pointless.I agree with Mr daveangel All Blame game going on Last time when "Samjhota Express" train blast occured all blame were on ISI Pakistan but later it is on record that Indian RAW Intellegence Official himsself involved in that so it is wastage of time to Blame anyone without Proofs Doesnt making any sense to discuss any thing with out knowing the whole detail
Last edited by Owais on December 2nd, 2008, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brontosaurus

Who believes Pakistan?

December 3rd, 2008, 11:25 am

QuoteBlame anyone without Proofs Doesnt making any sense to discuss any thing with out knowing the whole detailblaming, perhaps, but there is still much to discuss:For example, a good article by Thomas Freedman in the NYT - QuoteWho in the Muslim world, who in Pakistan, is ready to take to the streets to protest the mass murders of real people, not cartoon characters, right next door in Mumbai, India?Calling all Pakistanis

exneratunrisk

Who believes Pakistan?

December 3rd, 2008, 12:19 pm

Not that simple?The Problem is Politics?at the other hand it is too late to give benefits for death!

fars1d3s

Who believes Pakistan?

December 4th, 2008, 12:30 pm

The West is anti-muslim. The West has issues with Islam, even though Muslims did not kill Jesus. It's just a religious thing. That's why the West favors India over Pakistan.

daveangel

Who believes Pakistan?

December 4th, 2008, 12:47 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: fars1d3sThe West is anti-muslim. The West has issues with Islam, even though Muslims did not kill Jesus. It's just a religious thing. That's why the West favors India over Pakistan.I think this is completely incorrect. most Westerners are agnostic or aethestic and I am sure many recognise that Islam came 600 years after the death of Jesus and hence Muslims could not have had anything to do with it. Frankly, as I have said earlier Christians view the death of Christ as a positive thing because He laid down His life for mankind. I don't think the West favours India - back in the 70s when India was drawn into in the non-aligned movement and was backed by the Soviets to some extent, then Pakistan was the recepient of mouch more US and Western backing than India. There is a clash between liberal societies and those who are stuck in a religion that was developed to unite a nomadic, desert inhabiting people. And I am not being derogatory here as I think this applies equally to some branches of Judaism and Christianity. The problem is when liberal-minded people encounter religious zealouts of any description then there is a clash. For most the clashes tend to be verbal but with some Wahabists just want to kill people they don't agree with. How do you solve this problem ? Do they get isolated and marginalised ?
Last edited by daveangel on December 3rd, 2008, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ppauper

Who believes Pakistan?

December 4th, 2008, 2:16 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyIt looks like the censors have been out in force and deleted the "Who believes muslims?" thread. So much for free speech!I am not surprised - it was getting heated and pointless.which sets a bad precedent as it conveys to DaveAngel that if he rants and raves and calls people names, he can get threads deleted

daveangel

Who believes Pakistan?

December 4th, 2008, 2:20 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: migalleyIt looks like the censors have been out in force and deleted the "Who believes muslims?" thread. So much for free speech!I am not surprised - it was getting heated and pointless.which sets a bad precedent as it conveys to DaveAngel that if he rants and raves and calls people names, he can get threads deletedYou are barking up the wrong tree as usual Mr Poops. The deletion of the thread had nothing whatsoever to do with me. Fact is you main contributions to these forums are almost entirely in the off topic threads where you seem to enjoy peddling your right wing ideology.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On