Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

daveangel

Who believes Pakistan?

December 4th, 2008, 8:02 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuotehe way it looks to most of us is you're the hatemonger.it all depends by what you mean by the collective "us" - if it means you, migalley and Errrb then thats probably correct. But if you expand that sample to include other rational WIlmotters I am afraid then your assertion simply does not hold. I am quite happy to put it to a vote.Heah, Heah, you mean like some kind of private members' bill?What's the motion?"Do forumers accept the assertion that Fermion is a hatemonger, or not?"
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers

Cuchulainn

Who believes Pakistan?

December 4th, 2008, 8:04 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuotehe way it looks to most of us is you're the hatemonger.it all depends by what you mean by the collective "us" - if it means you, migalley and Errrb then thats probably correct. But if you expand that sample to include other rational WIlmotters I am afraid then your assertion simply does not hold. I am quite happy to put it to a vote.Heah, Heah, you mean like some kind of private members' bill?What's the motion?"Do forumers accept the assertion that Fermion is a hatemonger, or not?"Go for it in my opinion. You're the most experienced here. ...
Last edited by Cuchulainn on December 3rd, 2008, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fermion

Who believes Pakistan?

December 4th, 2008, 9:56 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuotehe way it looks to most of us is you're the hatemonger.it all depends by what you mean by the collective "us" - if it means you, migalley and Errrb then thats probably correct. But if you expand that sample to include other rational WIlmotters I am afraid then your assertion simply does not hold. I am quite happy to put it to a vote.Heah, Heah, you mean like some kind of private members' bill?What's the motion?"Do forumers accept the assertion that Fermion is a hatemonger, or not?"Don't you think we need parallel polls for ppauper, Errrb and migalley?

trackstar

Who believes Pakistan?

December 4th, 2008, 10:02 pm

We could call Pew and get them to put a poll together for us.
Last edited by trackstar on December 4th, 2008, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

migalley
Topic Author

Who believes Pakistan?

December 4th, 2008, 10:24 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: FermionQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuotehe way it looks to most of us is you're the hatemonger.it all depends by what you mean by the collective "us" - if it means you, migalley and Errrb then thats probably correct. But if you expand that sample to include other rational WIlmotters I am afraid then your assertion simply does not hold. I am quite happy to put it to a vote.Heah, Heah, you mean like some kind of private members' bill?What's the motion?"Do forumers accept the assertion that Fermion is a hatemonger, or not?"Don't you think we need parallel polls for ppauper, Errrb and migalley?I'm quite happy to be known as a muslim hater.

gardener3

Who believes Pakistan?

December 4th, 2008, 11:39 pm

Quote"Do forumers accept the assertion that Fermion is a hatemonger, or not?"Yes! He's been hate-mongering towards brownian motion and gaussian distributions ever since he showed up on these forums. He had some vile things to say about our beautiful, easy-to handle and perfectly symmetric gaussian distribution.

Fermion

Who believes Pakistan?

December 5th, 2008, 12:49 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: gardener3Quote"Do forumers accept the assertion that Fermion is a hatemonger, or not?"Yes! He's been hate-mongering towards brownian motion and gaussian distributions ever since he showed up on these forums. He had some vile things to say about our beautiful, easy-to handle and perfectly symmetric gaussian distribution. Oh my gosh! Taleb must be the most hateful person of all time!

Owais

Who believes Pakistan?

December 5th, 2008, 2:12 pm

http://geo.tv/12-5-2008/30169.htmseveral people killed in Pakistan in a Blast, they are all Innocent Muslims Pakistanis who died in that
Last edited by Owais on December 4th, 2008, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ppauper

Who believes Pakistan?

December 5th, 2008, 2:47 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnStop whining and send a PM to Admin asking why it was removed. And read the Wilmott policy.some of us prefer to do things in the bright light of day unlike those you run off to the admin when they lose a debate.Once you join a debate, you should accept the outcome of that debate, win or lose

ppauper

Who believes Pakistan?

December 5th, 2008, 2:50 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: FermionI was a contributor to that thread and was sorry to see that people were deprived of the opportunity to read my counter-arguments to the hate-mongers.looking back, there was some hat-mongering in that thread.I seem to recall (it's been deleted so I can't check) that fermion made an allusion to jews being "racist bigots" while maelo accused several well-respected forumers of being in the KKK.That brings to mind the old definition that "a racist is a conservative winning an argument with a liberal".That's not the first antisemitic remark fermion has made here, and if past performance is any indication, it won't be the last

ppauper

Who believes Pakistan?

December 5th, 2008, 2:51 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Owaishttp://geo.tv/12-5-2008/30169.htmseveral people killed in Pakistan in a Blast, they are all Innocent Muslims Pakistanis who died in thatthat's a tragedy, and I hope the perpetrators are caught so they can't act again

ppauper

Who believes Pakistan?

December 5th, 2008, 2:53 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangel"Do forumers accept the assertion that Fermion is a hatemonger, or not?"Go for it in my opinion. You're the most experienced here. ...if you're saying he's the most experience hatemonger, that's one thing, but he's not the most experienced member:others have been here longer and have more posts

Cuchulainn

Who believes Pakistan?

December 5th, 2008, 2:55 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnStop whining and send a PM to Admin asking why it was removed. And read the Wilmott policy.some of us prefer to do things in the bright light of day unlike those you run off to the admin when they lose a debate.Once you join a debate, you should accept the outcome of that debate, win or loseTo be honest, I was winning at the time. It's just your buddy Errb was posting malware was the big problem as well as insulting mackbar. BTW your conclusions were basd on faulty logic; A ==> B !==> (!B ==> !A) (example takes Fermion's example). Errb seems to be a racist (at least his remarks) and that is what Fermion is referring to. You invert the logic every time, but I usually switch it back again Here's a good example of how brittle it is (your post):QuoteThe world's most populous dempcracy has been attacked by evil doers, and your side is defending the terrorists ??? this is demigogory So, if India had been Indonesia, would you have cared?
Last edited by Cuchulainn on December 4th, 2008, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

Who believes Pakistan?

December 5th, 2008, 3:03 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangel"Do forumers accept the assertion that Fermion is a hatemonger, or not?"Go for it in my opinion. You're the most experienced here. ...if you're saying he's the most experience hatemonger, that's one thing, but he's not the most experienced member:others have been here longer and have more postsSee, there you go again... Grow up.

daveangel

Who believes Pakistan?

December 5th, 2008, 3:08 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangel"Do forumers accept the assertion that Fermion is a hatemonger, or not?"Go for it in my opinion. You're the most experienced here. ...if you're saying he's the most experience hatemonger, that's one thing, but he's not the most experienced member:others have been here longer and have more postspoops - size is not everything. you don't need to overcompensate for your shortcomings by being the highest poster on Wilmott. honestly, women are not that impressed by the quantity of your posts.
Last edited by daveangel on December 4th, 2008, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers