Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

FDAXHunter

Rap music - Why is 50cent everywhere ?

April 30th, 2003, 7:14 am

Nonius: zup yo...hows about the Wu Tang Clan 'n sheeah? Yo, zup z'all. Wu-Tang clan ain't nutin' to fuck with!bring da motherfuckin ruckus!!

Nonius

April 30th, 2003, 8:22 am

<blockquote>Quote<hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>FDAXHunter</b></i><b>Nonius: </b><i>zup yo...hows about the Wu Tang Clan 'n sheeah? </i>Yo, zup z'all. Wu-Tang clan ain't nutin' to fuck with!bring da motherfuckin ruckus!!<hr></blockquote>Hey whiteboy, you best be gettin' wit da program...ya gotta put the "yo" at the end a the sentence....sheeahhhh...you mood swingin' today er sumpin?
Last edited by Nonius on April 29th, 2003, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FESXHunter

April 30th, 2003, 9:24 am

Nonius: you mood swingin' today er sumpin? No, no mood swings. Just a bit of a split personality disorder.

Nonius

April 30th, 2003, 10:36 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: Nonius<blockquote>Quote<hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>FDAXHunter</b></i><b>Nonius: </b><i>zup yo...hows about the Wu Tang Clan 'n sheeah? </i>Yo, zup z'all. Wu-Tang clan ain't nutin' to fuck with!bring da motherfuckin ruckus!!<hr></blockquote>Hey whiteboy, you best be gettin' wit da program...ya gotta put the "yo" at the end a the sentence....sheeahhhh...you mood swingin' today er sumpin?Holy Shit FDAX, is that really you? Perhaps there will be a Nanius?

greghm
Topic Author

April 30th, 2003, 10:51 am

"Me grabbin' the mic is like superman runnin' to a phone boothI'm stone-proof"Lords of the Underground know that band ?

HuggyBear

May 1st, 2003, 12:20 pm

Last edited by HuggyBear on May 1st, 2003, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FDAXHunter

May 1st, 2003, 3:20 pm

HuggyBear: I'm out y'all ...and thats a good thing. By the way, Sparxxx is spelled with Three X's not one.

HuggyBear

May 1st, 2003, 4:01 pm

Last edited by HuggyBear on May 1st, 2003, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nonius

February 13th, 2004, 6:15 am

I'm really not a rap nor a hip hop fan, but I am currently listening to a tune by "People Under the Stairs" that is pretty cool.

greghm
Topic Author

February 13th, 2004, 12:27 pm

are you sure of the title ? cos' there is "People over the stairs" from Shock-G

Nonius

February 13th, 2004, 12:29 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: greghmare you sure of the title ? cos' there is "People over the stairs" from Shock-Gmaybe that is it...the tune is called "Suite for Beaver, part I"...it is a remix that probably has blended into it some jazz samples from the 70s. I do like Hip-Hop if it is "smart" and has good classic jazz samples. This isn't really hip hop, more like, well, I don't know how you'd classify it, I think in the early to mid 90S they called it "Acid Jazz", but I like US3. Not those two tunes that were overplayed, but some of the other material on the cd.
Last edited by Nonius on February 12th, 2004, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kr

February 13th, 2004, 1:19 pm

I never managed to figure out which of those japan-import tokyo-mixed acid jazz cd's were the good ones, the stuff that is a bit heavier on the jazz and a bit lighter on the hiphop. The Us3 thing was so overplayed that it became annoying, and when my oldest bro - probably the whitest person on the face of the earth - started listening to it I knew that things were going in an evil direction. And anyhow that mix was the reverse, not enough jazz feel to it. Then people starting using 'acid jazz' to refer to other stuff, like the lighter side of lounge, which was just wrong... I didn't want to be associated any longer. But I can still hear the tokyo stuff in my head, just never managed to figure out what it was. Guess I gotta wander down to Astor Pl. (hehehe 'Beaver Station') and try to find some oldtimer locals. Not too likely I think.

Nonius

February 13th, 2004, 1:59 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: krI never managed to figure out which of those japan-import tokyo-mixed acid jazz cd's were the good ones, the stuff that is a bit heavier on the jazz and a bit lighter on the hiphop. The Us3 thing was so overplayed that it became annoying, and when my oldest bro - probably the whitest person on the face of the earth - started listening to it I knew that things were going in an evil direction. And anyhow that mix was the reverse, not enough jazz feel to it. Then people starting using 'acid jazz' to refer to other stuff, like the lighter side of lounge, which was just wrong... I didn't want to be associated any longer. But I can still hear the tokyo stuff in my head, just never managed to figure out what it was. Guess I gotta wander down to Astor Pl. (hehehe 'Beaver Station') and try to find some oldtimer locals. Not too likely I think.I know what you mean, but there is some other good stuff on that CD that definitely was not overplayed.....I like Jazz that makes you feel like you've taken a few hits of blotter and tried to prove the Riemann hypothesis while wiggling around and thinking about writing the great american novel....the kind of stuff that makes you go, "yeah, I understand why that pianist is raising his eyebrows in a flighty motion while he goes off onto some spacey tangent"
Last edited by Nonius on February 12th, 2004, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Man

February 13th, 2004, 2:52 pm

Get some Alicia Keys.

kr

February 13th, 2004, 3:21 pm

no, AK is not gonna give you the hit that Nonius is talking about - just not underground enough, too brightlightgotta be like you stepped off the subway at the wrong stop, you go out, the neighborhood is a total hellhole, everything pretty much collapsing around you, everyone staring at you, and you - you are all mixed up, on the surface completely cool but under the surface your mind is racing, one nervous tic and you've blown your coverI got a critical reponse on this angle ("obscurantist theory") but I still defend it - it's one thing to be an impostor, riding around playing body-double to a wellknown individual, and another thing to be the undercover agent, leather jacket in the shadows... to each his own