SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

trackstar
Topic Author

Re: The Black Cube - Art Gallery

September 16th, 2018, 8:44 pm

Hibiscus? They are beautiful, indeed. You can collect the flowers once they wither and brew them for refreshing antiinfective medicinal tea.
Interesting - I had not thought about that in terms of plant medicine, so it is good to know.
One of the projects this weekend has been to set up kitchen shelves and spice rack for fall cooking.
Some of my favorite spices/flavors:
Cardamom
Cinnamon
Cloves
Anise
 Nutmeg 
Among others.  I have a selection of new soup and stew recipes to try, as well as some coffee cakes, muffins, and vegan or vegetarian grain bowls.
And that is the culinary plan for the coming weeks.
How about you? Do you follow the seasons with your cooking too?
I am heading out to farm stand now before they close. :)

katastrofa

September 17th, 2018, 4:46 am

I only cook for myself now and I'm not a big foodie, so the content of my pots looks quite ascetic. I lose track of what's seasonal when I buy in the supermarket. I'm used to growing food around the house (I miss cultivating zucchinis and cucumbers, ENORMOUS in size - must be the Chernobyl thing). I'm big on winter squash though - chopped / sliced / spiralised / mashed, baked and added to a fresh salad. Otherwise, I just eat the same fruits and vegetables all year around, raw or cooked and topped with fresh dill and parsley. In the winter, when I cannot photosynthesise, I get extra calories from lentils (a bay leave and two cloves for cooking add nice aroma). I would probably also add some cumin to my stew - and call it curry :-D

trackstar
Topic Author

September 17th, 2018, 12:45 pm

Over the weekend I bought a book, La Tartine Gourmand, not only healthy vibrant recipes, but also beautiful food photography.

They have a website too:

La Tartine Gourmand

It's not exclusively vegan, but many recipes are or could be so. And the pictures are worth the price alone..mmm!  :)

Long work week ahead, powered by dreams of raspberry parfait. :D

katastrofa

September 17th, 2018, 1:44 pm

Yeah, it's easy to "veganise" most recipes (these days even those containing meat!). No raspberries for me though - I spent all summers in the childhood working on a raspberry plantation. I cringe at the sight of those juicy delicious fruits. I've eaten just a few for all those years and they put me off :D

I like the idea of using a mixture of quinoa, brown rice or millet flours for pastry, as they do in their recipes.  The last birthday cake I baked was with almond flour - it tasted quite nice and had marzipan flavour.

Have a productive week!

Collector

November 8th, 2018, 7:05 pm

99.jpg
Important in Martial Arts is the footstep pattern
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On