SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

ppauper

Baseball, Steroids, and Statistics

October 28th, 2013, 10:01 am

Game 4 of the World Series ended with St.Louis Cardinals pinch runner Kolten Wong being picked off at first base in the bottom of the 9th, giving Boston a 4-2 win to even the series 2-2. Game 5 is tonight in St.Louis.

ppauper

October 29th, 2013, 10:36 am

Game 5 last night: The Bosox beat St.Louis 3-1 last night to take a 3-2 lead in the Series.Today is an off day in the World Series as the Red Sox and Cardinals make their way back to Boston for Game 6 tomorrow.

ppauper

October 30th, 2013, 2:19 pm

The Boston Red Sox can win it all at home tonight in Game 6 of the World Series. John Lackey goes to the mound for Boston, which hasn't won the title at Fenway since 1918. St. Louis will try to force one more game with rookie sensation Michael Wacha.

ppauper

October 31st, 2013, 10:26 am

The Boston Red Sox are World Series champions after beating the St.Louis Cardinals 6-1 to win the series in 6 games. It marks the first time the Red Sox have won the World Series on their homefield since 1918. congrats to the sox !

ppauper

December 4th, 2013, 9:52 am

Ellsbury goes to Yankees for $153 millionRead more at http://www.wnd.com/#uffMwZBulslKCeq9.99was released by the Boston RedSox QuoteEllsbury turned in a strong performance in the 2013 postseason, batting .500 in the ALDS and .318 in the ALCS. In the World Series, Ellsbury started the eventual series-winning rally in Game 6 with a single and earned his second ring as a member of the Red Sox.Ellsbury was released on October 31, 2013 becoming a free agent for the first time in his career.QuoteJacoby is officially a member of the Colorado River Indian Tribes[1] and is the first Native American of Navajo descent to reach the Major Leagues(snip)Ellsbury's mother Margie is full-blooded Native-American (Navajo) and his father is of English and German descent.

ppauper

January 11th, 2014, 9:15 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperA-Rod to be suspended ?suspended for full season including post-season

ppauper

May 28th, 2014, 6:11 am

fiddy

ppauper

July 8th, 2014, 5:40 pm

Sleeping Yankees Fan Sues ESPN For Defamation

ppauper

October 3rd, 2014, 2:44 pm

The Detroit Tigers need a win this afternoon to even their AL Division Series at a game apiece with Baltimore. The Orioles used an eight-run eighth inning to trample the Tigers 12-3 in Game 1 last night. The Kansas City Royals beat the Angels 3-2 in 11 innings to take Game 1 of the other AL Division Series.

ppauper

October 5th, 2014, 12:01 pm

Giants Win MarathonQuoteBrandon Belt's blast in the 18th inning lifted the Giants past the Nationals in the longest postseason game in MLB history.elsewhere it says it was 6hrs 23mins

Traden4Alpha

October 5th, 2014, 12:36 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperGiants Win MarathonQuoteBrandon Belt's blast in the 18th inning lifted the Giants past the Nationals in the longest postseason game in MLB history.elsewhere it says it was 6hrs 23minsFrom what I've heard, the long duration of baseball games has more to do with various gaming delaying tactics than the intensity of physical activity.I'd bet it was more of like 6 hours of guys standing around on the field than a marathon.

ppauper

October 5th, 2014, 12:51 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperGiants Win MarathonQuoteBrandon Belt's blast in the 18th inning lifted the Giants past the Nationals in the longest postseason game in MLB history.elsewhere it says it was 6hrs 23minsFrom what I've heard, the long duration of baseball games has more to do with various gaming delaying tactics than the intensity of physical activity.I'd bet it was more of like 6 hours of guys standing around on the field than a marathon.this was longer than usual.A standard game is 9 innings, and if it's tied after 9, they keep adding innings until one team wins.This one lasted 18 innings, so twice as many as usual

Cuchulainn

October 5th, 2014, 12:51 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperGiants Win MarathonQuoteBrandon Belt's blast in the 18th inning lifted the Giants past the Nationals in the longest postseason game in MLB history.elsewhere it says it was 6hrs 23minsFrom what I've heard, the long duration of baseball games has more to do with various gaming delaying tactics than the intensity of physical activity.I'd bet it was more of like 6 hours of guys standing around on the field than a marathon.It's a great day out. We used to do it each weekend. Take me out to the chain saw Take me out with the oil Buy me some 2-stroke and goggles I don't care if I never get back Let me root, root, root for the pine tree If they don't win it's a shame For it's one, two, three chokes, you're out
Last edited by Cuchulainn on October 4th, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

Every Time We Teach a Child Something, We Keep Him from Inventing It Himself
Jean Piaget

Traden4Alpha

October 5th, 2014, 1:07 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperGiants Win MarathonQuoteBrandon Belt's blast in the 18th inning lifted the Giants past the Nationals in the longest postseason game in MLB history.elsewhere it says it was 6hrs 23minsFrom what I've heard, the long duration of baseball games has more to do with various gaming delaying tactics than the intensity of physical activity.I'd bet it was more of like 6 hours of guys standing around on the field than a marathon.this was longer than usual.A standard game is 9 innings, and if it's tied after 9, they keep adding innings until one team wins.This one lasted 18 innings, so twice as many as usualNo one's denying that the game wasn't long. It's that the league average is only 16.4 pitches per inning which implies there's probably about 5-10 seconds of activity and then 65-70 seconds of standing around.

Traden4Alpha

October 5th, 2014, 1:13 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperGiants Win MarathonQuoteBrandon Belt's blast in the 18th inning lifted the Giants past the Nationals in the longest postseason game in MLB history.elsewhere it says it was 6hrs 23minsFrom what I've heard, the long duration of baseball games has more to do with various gaming delaying tactics than the intensity of physical activity.I'd bet it was more of like 6 hours of guys standing around on the field than a marathon.It's a great day out. We used to do it each weekend. Take me out to the chain saw Take me out with the oil Buy me some 2-stroke and goggles I don't care if I never get back Let me root, root, root for the pine tree If they don't win it's a shame For it's one, two, three chokes, you're outLOL!That would be a much more exciting game!
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On