Here something to do as an isolation-deprivation-constellation lurks in the corner of your living room. : )
Design a payload for a mini moon rover - one of NASA’s next missions!
“ The Commercial Lunar Payload Services (CLPS) program supports the Artemis Program through the development and deployment of small robotic landers and rovers. These new lunar micro-rovers will be launching over the next several years to gather information about and conduct scientific research on the lunar surface. To meet the size, weight, and power constraints of these micro-rovers, new scientific payloads have to be designed, built, and tested in time for the different launch opportunities.”...
“ The timeline for establishing a pipeline of suitable payloads is aggressive. NASA plans to launch the first of these micro-rovers in 2022. To be successful in this ideation competition, your proposed miniaturized payloads will:
- Bridge one or more of the highlighted lunar strategic knowledge gaps
- Have a technology readiness level (TRL) of 3 or greater
- Be compatible with the new micro-rovers
Key payload guidance includes:
- Ability to manage external temperatures ranging from -120° to +100°C
- Maximum exterior enclosed dimensions of 100mm x 100mm x 50mm
- Maximum mass of 0.4Kg
more details on the link and although you would surrender the IP, there is prize money totaling $160,000.
Plus you can brag about how you built something for NASA forever!
See the ball, be the ball. - Ty Webb