Collector
Topic Author

Re: Cell phones and cancer risk?

March 4th, 2017, 12:37 pm

Released

they say
Don't Sleep Near Device
Only Carry in Pocket If Off
One of the arguments the California bureaucrats used to not release the report was supposedly due to fear of public panic. I think such unethical stupidity thinking often is used among certain government officials. I don't know if cell phones cause cancer or not, but I know there are plenty of bureaucrats with no clue about risk that cover up information to protect their own ass. Someone should drain out the bureaucrat swamp?

Cuchulainn

March 4th, 2017, 7:55 pm

Released

they say
Don't Sleep Near Device
One of the arguments the California bureaucrats used to not release the report was supposedly due to fear of public panic. I think such unethical stupidity thinking often is used among certain government officials. I don't know if cell phones cause cancer or not, but I know there are plenty of bureaucrats with no clue about risk that cover up information to protect their own ass. Someone should drain out the bureaucrat swamp?
Drain out swamp => all those creepies move onto dry land. Keep the swamp.

Collector
Topic Author

March 4th, 2017, 8:23 pm

Released

they say
Don't Sleep Near Device
Good point, now we at least know where the swamp is and what creepies we can find there.

Cuchulainn

March 4th, 2017, 8:35 pm

Good point, now we at least know where the swamp is and what creepies we can find there.
some things are worth waiting for

ppauper

March 5th, 2017, 1:40 pm

Released

they say
Don't Sleep Near Device
and why is it ok for California bureaucrats to cover up cancer risk but not ok for big tobacco to allegedly do the same?
(and no, I'm not saying that big tobacco should be allowed to cover up cancer risk)

Cuchulainn

March 6th, 2017, 2:31 pm

Another danger is cyclists who do mobile stuff and don't look. a young schoolgirl caused Junior to break his collar bone today. 
And yesterday he just finished a studio album; no drumming for 6 weeks.

katastrofa

March 6th, 2017, 3:32 pm

no drumming for 6 weeks.
Have I heard the champagne cork popping? (How much did you pay that schoolgirl?)

Cuchulainn

March 6th, 2017, 3:44 pm

no drumming for 6 weeks.
Have I heard the champagne cork popping? (How much did you pay that schoolgirl?)
I am gonna miss the rhythm the coming weeks :)

ppauper

March 6th, 2017, 6:42 pm

Another danger is cyclists who do mobile stuff and don't look. a young schoolgirl caused Junior to break his collar bone today. 
And yesterday he just finished a studio album; no drumming for 6 weeks.

kata makes a good point about the drumming

but what happened?
a bike-on-bike collision (I take it junior was cycling but the schoolgirl caused the collision?)

Cuchulainn

March 6th, 2017, 8:23 pm

yes; she was cycling in front of Junior and veered to left (it is NL, not UK) while typing into one of those gadgets just as he was overtaking. So there was an awkward collision.  Fortunately, the bone does not have to  be resets, just 6 weeks' rest for him and the neighbourhood. The cats are deaf by this stage.

This accident is the same as people in autos on the highway. The police are lax here about this.

Happens a lot these days in judo when stupid things are tried out by inexperienced judoka, especially those in the mid life crisis. They are so fanatic. All the weight  pushes down on a small area once the shoulder is pinned. Something has to give.

ppauper

March 7th, 2017, 4:16 pm

typing while you are cycling requires 2 hands I assume, leaving none for steering the bike, braking, etc

many years ago, I knew a woman in a triathlon group who broke her collarbone twice in (two separate) bike-car accidents (and I believe she said that they were both her fault) as a result of which she claimed she couldn't swim competitively any more, so evidently it can a serious injury.
Not sure if she broke the same one twice or broke them both once

katastrofa

March 9th, 2017, 3:33 pm

Collar bones heal quickly, but one of his arms may remain weaker. Nothing to affect his hobby thought. Well, it could have been worse:
(not broken, but looked suspicious enough to grant me some anonymity for the next 3 weeks, my mug got a bit swollen and I have to keep it open all time to breathe; quite hilariously, the front camera got broken when I was trying to take a better photo)
Last edited by katastrofa on March 9th, 2017, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.