Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Traden4Alpha

iphone

May 27th, 2014, 9:12 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: Cuchulainnquestion; is it possible save mp4 files to a iphone (how big is a iphone disk).Do tablets have disks?I've never tried it by you should be able to save mp4 files to either iPhoto or iTunes, sync it to the iPhone and it will be there. iPhones vary in the amount of storage from about 8 to 64 GB. iPads go up to 128 GB. To the best of my knowledge no tablets had hard disks, just SSDs."I currently cannot play the mp4 from the C++ course on my iPhone nor my Samsung tab computer because the files are not directly available. The section of the webpage with the videos complains that Flash Plugin v 10.1 or greater must be installed and there is not a plug-in for this device. If a link to the mp4 was available separately I believe that would work for these devices."ed: attachments .mp4 are saveable. Maybe OP did not see them..If you'd prefer not to make the video downloadable, I'm sure there are ways to stream a video using HTML5. HTML5 is meant to replace the abomination that is Flash.(P.S., I don't build websites, and I don't watch video on the web, so YMMV!)

Cuchulainn

iphone

May 28th, 2014, 12:52 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: Cuchulainnquestion; is it possible save mp4 files to a iphone (how big is a iphone disk).Do tablets have disks?I've never tried it by you should be able to save mp4 files to either iPhoto or iTunes, sync it to the iPhone and it will be there. iPhones vary in the amount of storage from about 8 to 64 GB. iPads go up to 128 GB. To the best of my knowledge no tablets had hard disks, just SSDs."I currently cannot play the mp4 from the C++ course on my iPhone nor my Samsung tab computer because the files are not directly available. The section of the webpage with the videos complains that Flash Plugin v 10.1 or greater must be installed and there is not a plug-in for this device. If a link to the mp4 was available separately I believe that would work for these devices."ed: attachments .mp4 are saveable. Maybe OP did not see them..If you'd prefer not to make the video downloadable, I'm sure there are ways to stream a video using HTML5. HTML5 is meant to replace the abomination that is Flash.(P.S., I don't build websites, and I don't watch video on the web, so YMMV!)I don't have a iphone, but OP says he does not even have a "save" option from this device. Will see how the tablet option works.

Traden4Alpha

iphone

May 28th, 2014, 1:24 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: Cuchulainnquestion; is it possible save mp4 files to a iphone (how big is a iphone disk).Do tablets have disks?I've never tried it by you should be able to save mp4 files to either iPhoto or iTunes, sync it to the iPhone and it will be there. iPhones vary in the amount of storage from about 8 to 64 GB. iPads go up to 128 GB. To the best of my knowledge no tablets had hard disks, just SSDs."I currently cannot play the mp4 from the C++ course on my iPhone nor my Samsung tab computer because the files are not directly available. The section of the webpage with the videos complains that Flash Plugin v 10.1 or greater must be installed and there is not a plug-in for this device. If a link to the mp4 was available separately I believe that would work for these devices."ed: attachments .mp4 are saveable. Maybe OP did not see them..If you'd prefer not to make the video downloadable, I'm sure there are ways to stream a video using HTML5. HTML5 is meant to replace the abomination that is Flash.(P.S., I don't build websites, and I don't watch video on the web, so YMMV!)I don't have a iphone, but OP says he does not even have a "save" option from this device. Will see how the tablet option works.The Safari web browser on both the Mac and iOS has a "reading list" feature that caches a copy of the webpage for offline consumption. That might offer the equivalent to "save" but I don't ever watch online video so I don't know if works for video.

Cuchulainn

iphone

May 29th, 2014, 6:10 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: Cuchulainnquestion; is it possible save mp4 files to a iphone (how big is a iphone disk).Do tablets have disks?I've never tried it by you should be able to save mp4 files to either iPhoto or iTunes, sync it to the iPhone and it will be there. iPhones vary in the amount of storage from about 8 to 64 GB. iPads go up to 128 GB. To the best of my knowledge no tablets had hard disks, just SSDs."I currently cannot play the mp4 from the C++ course on my iPhone nor my Samsung tab computer because the files are not directly available. The section of the webpage with the videos complains that Flash Plugin v 10.1 or greater must be installed and there is not a plug-in for this device. If a link to the mp4 was available separately I believe that would work for these devices."ed: attachments .mp4 are saveable. Maybe OP did not see them..If you'd prefer not to make the video downloadable, I'm sure there are ways to stream a video using HTML5. HTML5 is meant to replace the abomination that is Flash.(P.S., I don't build websites, and I don't watch video on the web, so YMMV!)I don't have a iphone, but OP says he does not even have a "save" option from this device. Will see how the tablet option works.The Safari web browser on both the Mac and iOS has a "reading list" feature that caches a copy of the webpage for offline consumption. That might offer the equivalent to "save" but I don't ever watch online video so I don't know if works for video.My option works on tablet!

tags

iphone

May 29th, 2014, 7:57 pm

What does Apple officially do with the pics I take with my iphone?What can one imagine it does that is probably detrimental to me but that makes it money?
Last edited by tags on May 28th, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tags

iphone

June 17th, 2014, 12:21 pm

Apple 5W European USB Power Adapter Exchange Programindeed! apple products just suck.

rmax

iphone

June 17th, 2014, 12:52 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaApple 5W European USB Power Adapter Exchange Programindeed! apple products just suck.To borrow - nay steal from another person: "iPhones are the worst form of smart phone, except for all those other forms that I have tried from time to time."

tags

iphone

June 17th, 2014, 2:39 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunI'm working on an iPhone app that can detect Cuch is a crowd and monitor his heart rate from a safe distance.It's a decision support tool that tells me if I can walk over and casually bring up C++ templates subject. I really need something like that.The app has face detection and it carefully applies a temporal band filters to filter out the minuscule red tone variations in human skin caused by blood pulses running through your body. T4A knows all about this project. I've almost got a prototype working on my iMac, but now it need to covert it to GPU OpenGL code so that I get a frame rate that's higher than the arc speed that Cuch can run.the iphone I have don't do all that.I must have the blond edition.

Traden4Alpha

iphone

June 17th, 2014, 2:41 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunI'm working on an iPhone app that can detect Cuch is a crowd and monitor his heart rate from a safe distance.It's a decision support tool that tells me if I can walk over and casually bring up C++ templates subject. I really need something like that.The app has face detection and it carefully applies a temporal band filters to filter out the minuscule red tone variations in human skin caused by blood pulses running through your body. T4A knows all about this project. I've almost got a prototype working on my iMac, but now it need to covert it to GPU OpenGL code so that I get a frame rate that's higher than the arc speed that Cuch can run.Also, you'll want a orientation detector:

tags

iphone

June 17th, 2014, 2:52 pm

Cuchulainn

iphone

June 18th, 2014, 11:16 am

I certainly seem to be getting some attention

Cuchulainn

iphone

June 18th, 2014, 11:18 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: tagoma'ceiling'