Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

bearish

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football?

July 13th, 2021, 10:46 pm

I used to know Latin in the 60s (Latin mass good old days before it went vernacular plebs knew no Latin and I needed it to get into university and recite my oath of allegiance to Queen Elizabeth I in the Long Hall but that was before PC era).
Between your claim to having seen the 1066 final live (post #279 in this thread) and this memory of pledging allegiance to a queen who died in 1603, I’m beginning to suspect that time travel is involved. I shall keep Dr Dan Streetmentioner’s manual close at hand.

Cuchulainn

July 14th, 2021, 9:23 am

I used to know Latin in the 60s (Latin mass good old days before it went vernacular plebs knew no Latin and I needed it to get into university and recite my oath of allegiance to Queen Elizabeth I in the Long Hall but that was before PC era).
Between your claim to having seen the 1066 final live (post #279 in this thread) and this memory of pledging allegiance to a queen who died in 1603, I’m beginning to suspect that time travel is involved. I shall keep Dr Dan Streetmentioner’s manual close at hand.
1592, actually. Just in time.

as a Viking, 1066 is a big date for you. What about 1014 at Clontarf, what?

Cuchulainn

July 14th, 2021, 10:03 am

Cuchulainn

July 15th, 2021, 12:00 pm

Paul

July 15th, 2021, 12:59 pm

Cuch,

you're still confused! I'm guessing you are fighting old battles, something about Brexit perhaps?

I've tried to make it simple. I'll try again. This time print it out (in that large font that you like, so you can read it) and put on the wall near your computer.

1. Some immigration is good. Especially of those people with talents etc. that the UK needs *

2. Immigration should not be a free for all

3. Immigration should not be restricted to a small group of countries, called the EU *

One can expand on this. (Don't print this out, I can see it confusing you further!)

* Immigration might be bad for countries, often the poorer ones, whence said immigrants come. And it doesn't do much for diversity when many of those EU countries are pretty white.

A trivial point, but worth mentioning, the Caribbean is not in the EU. But many countries therein are in the Commonwealth. And as Farage and I (and almost all Brexiteers I know) have said, we should have more immigration... etc. etc.

Up your game, Cuch!!!

Cuchulainn

July 15th, 2021, 4:00 pm

Look Paul, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.

1. for example, a rugby team.

bearish

July 15th, 2021, 6:23 pm

Cuch,

you're still confused! I'm guessing you are fighting old battles, something about Brexit perhaps?

I've tried to make it simple. I'll try again. This time print it out (in that large font that you like, so you can read it) and put on the wall near your computer.

1. Some immigration is good. Especially of those people with talents etc. that the UK needs *

3. Immigration should not be restricted to a small group of countries, called the EU *

One can expand on this. (Don't print this out, I can see it confusing you further!)

* Immigration might be bad for countries, often the poorer ones, whence said immigrants come. And it doesn't do much for diversity when many of those EU countries are pretty white.

A trivial point, but worth mentioning, the Caribbean is not in the EU. But many countries therein are in the Commonwealth. And as Farage and I (and almost all Brexiteers I know) have said, we should have more immigration... etc. etc.

Up your game, Cuch!!!
Guadeloupe, Martinique and St Martin are actually in the EU, for whatever that is worth.

Cuchulainn

July 15th, 2021, 8:31 pm

Cuch,

Up your game, Cuch!!!
Just a wee snag concerning

4 Those who have lived in UK since the 1950s.

Ian Blackford asks Boris Johnson what sanctions would be appropriate for his own ‘racist content’

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/ ... nt-3307169

They don't tell you that south of the border, the press being dominated by foreign right-wing.

Anyways, I'm OK jack I can have Common Travel Area,

Paul

July 16th, 2021, 8:05 am

@Cuch, the only left-wing press is the Guardian. And that only exists because it's bought by left-wing universities. Without their tax-payers' funding the Guardian would collapse in a puddle of self righteousness!

And Esma Cannon. Was there ever a better cast?!

Paul

July 16th, 2021, 8:38 am

Look Paul, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.

1. for example, a rugby team.
I don't want to get on your wrong side...

ExSan
Topic Author

August 10th, 2021, 2:03 pm

Messi llega a Paris
°°° About ExSan bit.ly/3U5bIdq °°°

tags

October 15th, 2021, 7:41 pm

Macron central midfield

The rumour has it he might join Manchester United next season

tags

January 12th, 2022, 11:15 pm

Africa Cup of Nations match descends into chaos as referee ends Mali vs Tunisia early

referee had been suspended amid corruption allegations back in 2018

ExSan
Topic Author

January 16th, 2022, 5:33 pm

Jan 16, 2022
Spain, Final Supercopa: Real Madrid vs. Athletic de Bilbao, today !
°°° About ExSan bit.ly/3U5bIdq °°°

bearish

January 16th, 2022, 6:51 pm

Wait - they finally recognized the sovereignty of Catalonia and kicked their teams out?