SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

ppauper

Need Help on Islam

March 13th, 2010, 10:34 am

and the apostasy thing is still on-goingAbdul RahmanHe was sentenced to death in Afghanistan (since Karzai became president ...) for converting to christianity, but he was spared after western pressure and allowed to leave and go and live in ItalyQuote Ansarullah Mawlawizadah, the chief judge in the case, said that Abdul Rahman would be asked to reconsider his conversion: "We will invite him again because the religion of Islam is one of tolerance. We will ask him if he has changed his mind. If so we will forgive him." Ansarullah Mawlafizada also said "the Prophet Muhammad has said several times that those who convert from Islam should be killed if they refuse to come back, Islam is a religion of peace, tolerance, kindness and integrity. That is why we have told him if he regrets what he did, then we will forgive him".The judge added more: "If [he] does not repent, you will all be witness to the sort of punishment he will face."So Islam is tolerant: if you don't leave, they don't kill you

ppauper

Need Help on Islam

March 13th, 2010, 10:37 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarPeople like ppauper, brontosaurus, Hamilton pretend to be thoughtful and seem to be believing in and pleased with the result of their pretensions. Nothing that disproves their beliefs can penetrate their thick skulls. Ensconced within an armor of comforting beliefs they live life happily.I've posted FACTS rather than beliefs in this thread.

trackstar

Need Help on Islam

March 13th, 2010, 11:18 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarPeople like ppauper, brontosaurus, Hamilton pretend to be thoughtful and seem to be believing in and pleased with the result of their pretensions. Nothing that disproves their beliefs can penetrate their thick skulls. Ensconced within an armor of comforting beliefs they live life happily.I've posted FACTS rather than beliefs in this thread.FOUL! Penalty card for ppauper. That is a misquote - dunrewpp said that on the Trolls thread. I don't make accusations like this.***Attention to detail during written brawls is highly recommended.
Last edited by trackstar on March 12th, 2010, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Errrb

Need Help on Islam

March 13th, 2010, 11:54 am

I see you kids once again trashing religion of peace. Shame on you! June 5, 2006, London, England

farmer

Need Help on Islam

March 13th, 2010, 11:57 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarYou have a tendency to be verbally abusiveMy wife's friends used to tell her that, God rest her soul...

Hamilton

Need Help on Islam

March 13th, 2010, 12:03 pm

QuotePeople like ppauper, brontosaurus, Hamilton pretend to be thoughtful and seem to be believing in and pleased with the result of their pretensionsThoughtful?

Errrb

Need Help on Islam

March 13th, 2010, 12:08 pm

Anthis

Need Help on Islam

March 13th, 2010, 1:14 pm

If religions are "opium for the people", then I can see many junkies here...

trackstar

Need Help on Islam

March 13th, 2010, 1:29 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: AnthisIf religions are "opium for the people", then I can see many junkies here...Ah, but in equi-centric religions, you find answers and fulfillment in the Here and Now.No waiting for the veils to lift from Eternity or Utopia! ***"Horse, you are truly a creature without equal, for you fly without wings and conquer without sword."- The Qu'ran
Last edited by trackstar on March 12th, 2010, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hamilton

Need Help on Islam

March 13th, 2010, 1:33 pm

Saudi Cleric Muhammad Musa Al-Sharif Defends the Marrying Off of Under-Age Girls in Saudi Arabia: Atheists, Christians, and Fornicators Are Responsible for Human Rights TreatiesCourtesy of MEMRI TV

Hamilton

Need Help on Islam

March 13th, 2010, 1:35 pm

Hamas Sermon in Gaza: Rome Will Be Conquered by IslamLove the pink head gear

gardener3

Need Help on Islam

March 13th, 2010, 2:56 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: dunrewppQuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarI have to say, to the extent that you can tell the religious or cultural background on a poster based on their name or avatar, I have found the possible Muslims on this Forum to be intelligent and thoughtful people. They put up with a lot of garbage quite gracefully too.To the most recent poster, I have read the Qu'ran, and I do not have time to read the Terrors of Islam. I am open-minded, but why waste an evening reading something when you already know the arguments. It is not great literature and it is not the foundation of one of the world's major religions.I oppose bashing groups and individuals based on race, religion, creed, or sexual orientation.This is not going to be a popular position, I know, so I am ready.First off, your position is not only unpopular, but, worse, it is wrong.Let stand up among us one of those "possible Muslims on this Forum to be intelligent and thoughtful people". The issue is whether they are open-minded and grounded in observable and publicly accessible reality. I have lived a lifetime among muslims. I KNOW them! I have found them steeped in an arrested world of suffocating religiosity and incurable arrogance.How can I tell "the religious or cultural background on a poster based on their name or avatar"? I can simply because I know this Owais dude. It's not the first time he has posted cretenist comments. But I do remember that some time ago he praised you as one of his admirees.trackstar - Is it really true that "you already know the arguments" in THE TERRORS OF ISLAM? If so, then that's quite impressive. But you were not the one who was asked to read it. It was Owais. Did he? Will he ever? By the way, you seem to give Owais too much credit. Trust me, he does not deserve it. Do not waste your kindness.I imagined you much wiser than upholding Quran because, as you indicated, it is "the foundation of one of the world's major religions". I am baffled: What's your point? The greater the illogic, the greater the falsehood, the greater the stupidity of a creed measured by any metric, therefore, the greater its worth, its truth, its ability to command respect? You baffle me.So how is logical to make judgements on groups of people as diverse as those living from Albania to China based on a couple people you met? Perhaps you could argue that they all share common belief in a book. But you haven't read the book. Incurable arrogance?

Fermion

Need Help on Islam

March 13th, 2010, 5:28 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: gardener3So how is logical to make judgements on groups of people as diverse as those living from Albania to China based on a couple people you met? Perhaps you could argue that they all share common belief in a book. But you haven't read the book. Incurable arrogance?Well, you don't have to read a book to know that Islam is a religion. That's quite enough for me to make a judgment about its true believers being superstitious, dogmatic and blinkered agents of oppression -- however nice they may be in other ways.

Fermion

Need Help on Islam

March 13th, 2010, 5:42 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperI have neither selected nor misrepresented.You, Fermion, raised apostasy, so you, Fermion, selected it, not I.You selected it from a list of typical characteristics of religion.QuoteAnd I have merely stated islam's position on apostasy. I asked How many religions other than islam try to kill you if you leave ?Exactly, you simply ignore the atrocious history of Christianity in this regard and the even more atrocious policies described in the old testament. Your other favorite tactic is to select parts of Islamic scriptures that are widely disputed and treat them as essential to Islam. (Just like the Christian books, they were edited and revised many times for political reasons by self-appointed officials.) Furthermore, religions are perfectly capable of changing official policies for reasons of political convenience -- including how they treat apostates. If modern churches no longer had to respect a post-industrial, science-influenced multi-cultural society, you can bet your life they would still be burning people at the stake. The fact that Islamic fundamentalist clerics occasionally still preach killing apostates in exceptional cases where the apostate has actually attacked the clerics, is simply because they have not yet been subjected to the same necessity of multi-culturalism.You display your fraudulent disposition every time you post.And as regards killing non-believers, whether apostates or not, more Muslims (and Judaists) have been killed by Christians for centuries than the other way around. And this slaughter continues into the 21st century, except that the Judaists have switched allies.
Last edited by Fermion on March 12th, 2010, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fermion

Need Help on Islam

March 13th, 2010, 6:01 pm

Last edited by Fermion on March 12th, 2010, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On