Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

DevonFangs

Great Film Quotes

March 2nd, 2013, 10:19 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: UltravioletThe mimetic metal is a really cool idea, but the plot makes completely, absolutely and utterly no sense. Cameron should have stuck to making Titanics.Come on! Of course it doesn't make sense, but who needs that? I think it's a great movie. Dark comic sci-fi with a constant look to humanity. Arnie is amazing. And about Cameron: I actually think this is another example of how he could make the sequel of a movie completely different from the original and maybe better. See Aliens. I'd even be curious to see Avatar 2.

DevonFangs

Great Film Quotes

March 2nd, 2013, 10:28 am

I pay Titanic some respect, if only because it left a mark in pop culture. Also, I like that there's the romance core made of ultra chick flick situations, but around it there is a lot of action and details more suitable to a male audience. I'm not that surprised you like it better than T2.

trackstar

Great Film Quotes

March 2nd, 2013, 12:40 pm

I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle. - One of the best movies of all time.

DevonFangs

Great Film Quotes

March 2nd, 2013, 6:43 pm

QuotePadre Benito del Toro: [offers Machete a cigar] Cuban? Machete: Mexican.

katastrofa

Great Film Quotes

March 2nd, 2013, 10:12 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsCome on! Of course it doesn't make sense, but who needs that? I think it's a great movie. Dark comic sci-fi with a constant look to humanity. Arnie is amazing. And about Cameron: I actually think this is another example of how he could make the sequel of a movie completely different from the original and maybe better. See Aliens. I'd even be curious to see Avatar 2."Aliens" is certainly more Hollywood-style, more approachable and less gritty than the original Ridley Scott movie, but I'm not sure it is BETTER. It's different, for sure.I love the class warfare undertones in "Alien". It's a movie about working class man in space being fucked over by a corporation.QuoteParker: Uh, before we dock, I think we oughta discuss the bonus situation.Brett: Right.Parker: Brett and I, we think we oughta - we deserve full shares, right baby?Brett: Right. You see, Mr. Parker and I feel that the bonus situation has never been on a-an equitable level.Dallas: Well, you get what you're contracted for like everybody else.Brett: Yes, but everybody else, uh, gets more than us. QuoteKane: Well, we are obligated under section eight...Parker: I hate to bring this up but, uh, this a commercial ship, not a rescue ship...Brett: Right.Parker: ...and it's not in my contract to do this kind of duty. Now what about the money? If you wanna give me some money to do it, I'll be happy to, uh, t-to, you know, oblige.Brett: The man's right.Dallas: Parker...Parker: Let's go over the bonus situation. We haven't - Can we just talk about the bonus situation?Ash: I'm sorry. Can I say something?Parker: Let's talk about the bonus more.Ash: There is a clause in the contract which specifically states any systematized transmission indicating a possible intelligent origin must be investigated.Parker: I don't wanna hear it...Brett: We don't know if it's intelligent.Parker: I wanna go home and party.Dallas: Parker, will you just listen to the man?Ash: On penalty of total forfeiture of shares. No money. Quote Special Order 937 - Science Officer Eyes Only______ Emergency Command Overide______ Special Order 937 Nostromo rerouted to new co-ordinates. investigate life form. Gather specimen. Priority One. Insure return of organism for analysis. All other considerations secondary. Crew expendable (full quote)
Last edited by katastrofa on March 1st, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ultraviolet

Great Film Quotes

March 2nd, 2013, 10:18 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsI pay Titanic some respect, if only because it left a mark in pop culture.Yeah, the cinema tickets in Poland went up due to increased demand on this overrated crap and stayed like that.QuoteAlso, I like that there's the romance core made of ultra chick flick situations, but around it there is a lot of action and details more suitable to a male audience. I'm not that surprised you like it better than T2.I appreciate Avatar because of the utilitarian humanitarianism philosophy it promotes, but have you just written that I liked Titanic??If there's something I value in Cameron, it is the cinema inventor. I don't like Aliens half as much as Alien (which was one of the best movies in the genre I've ever seen).
Last edited by Ultraviolet on March 2nd, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ultraviolet

Great Film Quotes

March 2nd, 2013, 10:20 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsCome on! Of course it doesn't make sense, but who needs that? I think it's a great movie. Dark comic sci-fi with a constant look to humanity. Arnie is amazing. And about Cameron: I actually think this is another example of how he could make the sequel of a movie completely different from the original and maybe better. See Aliens. I'd even be curious to see Avatar 2."Aliens" is certainly more Hollywood-style, more approachable and less gritty than the original Ridley Scott movie, but I'm not sure it is BETTER. It's different, for sure.I love the class warfare undertones in "Alien". It's a movie about working class man in space being fucked over by a corporation.He goes back to it in Prometheus, in a way.

DevonFangs

Great Film Quotes

March 3rd, 2013, 9:44 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: UltravioletQuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsI pay Titanic some respect, if only because it left a mark in pop culture.Yeah, the cinema tickets in Poland went up due to increased demand on this overrated crap and stayed like that.QuoteAlso, I like that there's the romance core made of ultra chick flick situations, but around it there is a lot of action and details more suitable to a male audience. I'm not that surprised you like it better than T2.I appreciate Avatar because of the utilitarian humanitarianism philosophy it promotes, but have you just written that I liked Titanic??If there's something I value in Cameron, it is the cinema inventor. I don't like Aliens half as much as Alien (which was one of the best movies in the genre I've ever seen).I said you like Titanic better than T2, which doesn't imply you like any of the two in an absolute sense. Apologies if I misunderstood, anyway. I personally like Alien better than Aliens as well. I also like to read your posts in my mind in a funny, pretentious fake-brit accent. Please correct me if I'm getting that wrong as well.

DevonFangs

Great Film Quotes

March 3rd, 2013, 9:49 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsCome on! Of course it doesn't make sense, but who needs that? I think it's a great movie. Dark comic sci-fi with a constant look to humanity. Arnie is amazing. And about Cameron: I actually think this is another example of how he could make the sequel of a movie completely different from the original and maybe better. See Aliens. I'd even be curious to see Avatar 2."Aliens" is certainly more Hollywood-style, more approachable and less gritty than the original Ridley Scott movie, but I'm not sure it is BETTER. It's different, for sure.Yeah, I personally don't think it's better. It's different. For many critics it is better, hence why I said "maybe better".

Ultraviolet

Great Film Quotes

March 4th, 2013, 7:31 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsQuoteOriginally posted by: UltravioletQuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsI pay Titanic some respect, if only because it left a mark in pop culture.Yeah, the cinema tickets in Poland went up due to increased demand on this overrated crap and stayed like that.QuoteAlso, I like that there's the romance core made of ultra chick flick situations, but around it there is a lot of action and details more suitable to a male audience. I'm not that surprised you like it better than T2.I appreciate Avatar because of the utilitarian humanitarianism philosophy it promotes, but have you just written that I liked Titanic??If there's something I value in Cameron, it is the cinema inventor. I don't like Aliens half as much as Alien (which was one of the best movies in the genre I've ever seen).I said you like Titanic better than T2, which doesn't imply you like any of the two in an absolute sense. Apologies if I misunderstood, anyway. I personally like Alien better than Aliens as well. I also like to read your posts in my mind in a funny, pretentious fake-brit accent. Please correct me if I'm getting that wrong as well.Pretentious? Moi??

DevonFangs

Great Film Quotes

March 4th, 2013, 8:01 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: UltravioletQuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsQuoteOriginally posted by: UltravioletQuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsI pay Titanic some respect, if only because it left a mark in pop culture.Yeah, the cinema tickets in Poland went up due to increased demand on this overrated crap and stayed like that.QuoteAlso, I like that there's the romance core made of ultra chick flick situations, but around it there is a lot of action and details more suitable to a male audience. I'm not that surprised you like it better than T2.I appreciate Avatar because of the utilitarian humanitarianism philosophy it promotes, but have you just written that I liked Titanic??If there's something I value in Cameron, it is the cinema inventor. I don't like Aliens half as much as Alien (which was one of the best movies in the genre I've ever seen).I said you like Titanic better than T2, which doesn't imply you like any of the two in an absolute sense. Apologies if I misunderstood, anyway. I personally like Alien better than Aliens as well. I also like to read your posts in my mind in a funny, pretentious fake-brit accent. Please correct me if I'm getting that wrong as well.Pretentious? Moi??I loved this

Cuchulainn

Great Film Quotes

March 8th, 2013, 10:45 am

QuoteAnd I want you to go out there... You, nobody else. None of your little minions. I want you to go out there. And I want you to punish the person who's responsible for murdering this poor little hamster. Is that understood?
Last edited by Cuchulainn on March 7th, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DevonFangs

Great Film Quotes

March 8th, 2013, 12:39 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteAnd I want you to go out there... You, nobody else. None of your little minions. I want you to go out there. And I want you to punish the person who's responsible for murdering this poor little hamster. Is that understood? Sounds like it's good to be a hamster.http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/01/ ... -wall.html
Last edited by DevonFangs on March 7th, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rmax
Topic Author

Great Film Quotes

March 8th, 2013, 1:37 pm

QuoteIf I'm going to make a fake movies, it's going to be a fake hit.