SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Hendon
Topic Author

double struck capital E in Microsoft Word 2007

June 15th, 2010, 3:40 pm

Hi guys,I am writing my thesis using Microsoft Word 2007 and I am using the Equation Editor for adding my thesis formulas and equations. There is a letter-like symbol called "Double struck Capital E" which I cannot find in the Letter-like symbols of the Equation editor and I have no idea how I can find this character. Could anyone tell me how I can type this letter using "Microsoft Word 2007"? I don't have access to any other math-typing software.The following link shows what a double struck Capital E looks like. Just to remind you that I need this letter to represent the Expectation function.http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode ... /index.htm

msperlin

June 15th, 2010, 3:49 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: HendonHi guys,I am writing my thesis using Microsoft Word 2007 and I am using the Equation Editor for adding my thesis formulas and equations. There is a letter-like symbol called "Double struck Capital E" which I cannot find in the Letter-like symbols of the Equation editor and I have no idea how I can find this character. Could anyone tell me how I can type this letter using "Microsoft Word 2007"? I don't have access to any other math-typing software.The following link shows what a double struck Capital E looks like. Just to remind you that I need this letter to represent the Expectation function.http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode ... dex.htmYou should have a look on mathtype (google it). Microsoft editor is alright but you'll have a lot of problems once you try to insert equation numbers and references.Also, have a look on aurora. this one lets you insert latex equation in the word document.And, for final, my suggestion would be to switch to latex all the way (if possible). Recently I wrote all my phd thesis in word 2007 and this is a pain once you start to think about structure, format and referencing system.If the cost to switch to latex wasn't so high in this point of the process, I would definatelly make the switch.

Alan

June 15th, 2010, 4:03 pm

As mentioned, get Mathtype; it has Blackboard Bold, the font set you are looking for.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On