SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Marsden

Israel and its Critics

August 19th, 2010, 1:42 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: brontosaurusShakespeare's Shylock was based on false sterotypes. Much like your Israeli-Jew.I've never met him, so I can't swear that tErrrd isn't a phony based on false stereotypes of Israeli Jews. I can certainly see how someone might think that's what he is. I can say that, if someone did create the tErrrd character as a slur, it was not me.But haven't we at the same time established that, however much you say you care about the suffering of the Palestinians, ultimately you are too wrapped up in your own victimhood to feel any actual compassion for them, as by recognizing their rights as human beings? Are you a false stereotype, too?
Last edited by Marsden on August 18th, 2010, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marsden

Israel and its Critics

August 19th, 2010, 1:45 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: brontosaurusQuoteOriginally posted by: Marsden it's child abuse to teach your children that great masses of people around the world will hate them just for who they are, as the Israelis do. What does anyone owe a religion or a culture that is worth endangering their children over it, if the teaching is true, and how sick to indoctrinate your children with such things if it is not true?Does the fact that Palestinians similarly abuse their children give Israelis a free pass?Isn't all of Jewish Israel basically repeating the Abraham-Isaac story, and hoping for a miracle to provide a way out that doesn't include a lot of dead children?

Marsden

Israel and its Critics

August 19th, 2010, 1:46 pm

Still waiting for Hamilton to disavow the antisemitic attitudes of the Catholic Church that I listed.

trackstar

Israel and its Critics

August 19th, 2010, 1:47 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: MarsdenQuoteOriginally posted by: brontosaurusShakespeare's Shylock was based on false sterotypes. Much like your Israeli-Jew.I've never met him, so I can't swear that tErrrd is a phony based on false stereotypes of Israeli Jews. I can certainly see how someone might think that's what he is. I can say that, if someone did create the tErrrd character as a slur, it was not me.But haven't we at the same time established that, however much you say you care about the suffering of the Palestinians, ultimately you are too wrapped up in your own victimhood to feel any actual compassion for them, as by recognizing their rights as human beings? Are you a false stereotype, too?At one time, I did wonder if Errrb was a creation of farmer's. But he is so focused on this single topic and it takes a lot of effort. Farmer's interests are more diverse, so I can't see him devoting this kind of time and energy...Hamilton?

Errrb

Israel and its Critics

August 19th, 2010, 7:48 pm

Trackstar, pumpkin, you can't judge what are my interests based on my interaction with stupid Josepha mARSEden. I do take personally the nonsence that she posts here, probably also waste too much time on this.
Last edited by Errrb on August 18th, 2010, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trackstar

Israel and its Critics

August 20th, 2010, 12:00 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ErrrbTrackstar, pumpkin, you can't judge what are my interests based on my interaction with stupid Josepha mARSEden. I do take personally the nonsence that she posts here, probably also waste too much time on this.Errrb, Baby, I have left a message for you here:Truth or Dare

Cuchulainn

Israel and its Critics

August 20th, 2010, 12:01 pm

Quotepumpkin lolOn the vagaries of the Englsh language by Dave AllenSo Errb is NOT English, American, Mexican or Scottish.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on August 19th, 2010, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Step over the gap, not into it. Watch the space between platform and train.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

brontosaurus
Topic Author

Israel and its Critics

September 6th, 2010, 10:24 pm

Dear Marsden, it turns out that the rape by deception story, which you used to justify your bigoted stereotyping of Israeli-Jews as ethnocentric racists, is false.All the best,ShylockQuoteIt is only now, some two months after Israel's image has been blackened, after its courts have been compared to those of the Jim Crow South, and its Jewish population tarnished as ethno-religious racists, that the truth begins to poke its unwelcome head, AND ONLY IN HEBREW!!!Haaretz: Based on the incomplete facts published thus far in the case, Kashur?s [the Arab Israeli's] role as a victim became established over the past month and a half, and rightfully so. However, according to the testimony of the complainant, the full story appears to be much more complex, and the victim is the one Kashur left naked in the staircase of the building on 13 Ben Hillel Street (publishing her name is forbidden and she will be called here B.). The new details shed completely new light on this case, and haven?t been published until today because they were first revealed in B.?s testimony in court, which was classified as it was said in a trial behind closed doors. Following the request of ?HaIr? [local newspaper in Jerusalem ? E], the court recently declassified the testimony and paved the way for its publication. The testimony details in 100 pages B.?s tragic life story and her version of the events that happened on that afternoon two years ago, and is exposed here for the first time.The article's full translation can be found here. The gist of it is as follows. A woman was raped. She was no angel - sexually abused by her father, a history of working as a prostitute. The victim's prior history of abuse and prostitution left her with a fragile mental state that came out under the duress of cross-examination. Concerned about her credibility, despite the physical evidence which confirmed the rape, the Prosecution chose to accept a plea bargain with the Defense, on condition that the defendant serve jail time.The defendant was temporarily freed while the case was under appeal, and began to give media interviews, where he outlined his version of the story - that "she wanted it", etc. The media pounced on the sensational, and utterly unfounded, element of racism, based on the information that was released to them - which was that a rape-by-deception case between an Arab man and a Jewish woman "who wanted it" resulted in jail time. Meanwhile, the Prosecution was caught in a double bind - it had signed off on reducing the charges to rape-by-deception, and was bound by secrecy to not reveal that the original charge of rape had the weight of evidence.

tagoma

Israel and its Critics

January 15th, 2015, 6:59 pm

The Charlie boys

Cuchulainn

Israel and its Critics

January 15th, 2015, 7:25 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaThe Charlie boysLOLPapa, who's that bespectacled man with grey hair?

daveangel

Israel and its Critics

January 15th, 2015, 8:55 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaThe Charlie boysLOLPapa, who's that bespectacled man with grey hair?you couldn't make this sh*t up really could you ?
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers

Cuchulainn

Israel and its Critics

January 16th, 2015, 7:05 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaThe Charlie boysLOLPapa, who's that bespectacled man with grey hair?you couldn't make this sh*t up really could you ?They probably have a Board of Censors that coordinates all these policies.

Traden4Alpha

Israel and its Critics

January 16th, 2015, 12:59 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaThe Charlie boysLOLPapa, who's that bespectacled man with grey hair?you couldn't make this sh*t up really could you ?They probably have a Board of Censors that coordinates all these policies.Theres something deeply hypocritical about Israelis editing history.Fundamentalism is a plague on humanity.

Cuchulainn

Israel and its Critics

January 16th, 2015, 3:46 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaThe Charlie boysLOLPapa, who's that bespectacled man with grey hair?you couldn't make this sh*t up really could you ?They probably have a Board of Censors that coordinates all these policies.Theres something deeply hypocritical about Israelis editing history.Fundamentalism is a plague on humanity.Men rise from one ambition to another: first, they seek to secure themselves against attack, and then they attack others. Niccolo Machiavelli
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On