Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Cuchulainn

What is your Erdos number?

August 29th, 2010, 9:02 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: outrun..so what's Erdős-pfd of writing papers with random co-authors? How many papers do I need to write to have a 95% change of having a "3" or lower?Why not get someone else to do the hard work? How to get Erdos=3 without really trying:1. Review the list of people who you've coauthored with before.2. Select the most gullible one.3. Convince them they really need Erdos=2 to make their life complete. 4. Let them do the work!You can have an option on an Erdos number if your ex-supervisor has EN == 3; Then you get a 4. But is is a call or put

Traden4Alpha

August 29th, 2010, 11:15 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: outrun..so what's Erdős-pfd of writing papers with random co-authors? How many papers do I need to write to have a 95% change of having a "3" or lower?Why not get someone else to do the hard work? How to get Erdos=3 without really trying:1. Review the list of people who you've coauthored with before.2. Select the most gullible one.3. Convince them they really need Erdos=2 to make their life complete. 4. Let them do the work!You can have an option on an Erdos number if your ex-supervisor has EN == 3; Then you get a 4. But is is a call or put Both! It's an option to call the supervisor and he'll put you to work!
Last edited by Traden4Alpha on August 28th, 2010, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

August 29th, 2010, 12:03 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: outrun..so what's Erdős-pfd of writing papers with random co-authors? How many papers do I need to write to have a 95% change of having a "3" or lower?Why not get someone else to do the hard work? How to get Erdos=3 without really trying:1. Review the list of people who you've coauthored with before.2. Select the most gullible one.3. Convince them they really need Erdos=2 to make their life complete. 4. Let them do the work!You can have an option on an Erdos number if your ex-supervisor has EN == 3; Then you get a 4. But is is a call or put Both! It's an option to call the supervisor and he'll put you to work! Can we not choose?

Traden4Alpha

August 29th, 2010, 1:07 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: outrun..so what's Erdős-pfd of writing papers with random co-authors? How many papers do I need to write to have a 95% change of having a "3" or lower?Why not get someone else to do the hard work? How to get Erdos=3 without really trying:1. Review the list of people who you've coauthored with before.2. Select the most gullible one.3. Convince them they really need Erdos=2 to make their life complete. 4. Let them do the work!You can have an option on an Erdos number if your ex-supervisor has EN == 3; Then you get a 4. But is is a call or put Both! It's an option to call the supervisor and he'll put you to work! Can we not choose?Only if we accept the Axiom of Choice.

trackstar

August 29th, 2010, 1:35 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4Alpha<brOnly if we accept the Axiom of Choice.Mystics and Fools - Axiom of ChoiceEvanescent - Axiom of ChoicePersian Sufi influences...I accept the rose.
Last edited by trackstar on August 28th, 2010, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

August 29th, 2010, 4:21 pm

QuoteOnly if we accept the Axiom of Choice. It is a non-issue in Constructive Mathematics.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on August 28th, 2010, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trackstar

August 19th, 2012, 1:40 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOnly if we accept the Axiom of Choice. It is a non-issue in Constructive Mathematics.Can you suggest any issues in Non-Constructive Mathematics for us to look at?

Cuchulainn

December 1st, 2012, 5:17 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: mj3congrats, you're the winner.How about writing a paper with the rest of us so we all get an Erdos number of 4 ?If I ring up my supervisor, write a paper with him. Then I will be a 3.Then we can hold an auction. And if there is enough interest we offer a site discount. PM me. I'm serious.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on November 30th, 2012, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

December 1st, 2012, 6:00 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: mj3congrats, you're the winner.How about writing a paper with the rest of us so we all get an Erdos number of 4 ?If I ring up my supervisor, write a paper with him. Then I will be a 3.Then we can hold an auction. And if there is enough interest we offer a site discount. PM me. I'm serious.for co-authorship? i.e a 3, or a 4? And what topic?You are #4.

Cuchulainn

December 1st, 2012, 6:32 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunThere is also the uncertain option that if you solve one of Erdos open math problems you'll be a #1Wow!