CrashedMint

million man march

August 29th, 2010, 10:20 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperI have a dreamanyone go ?lol

ppauper
Topic Author

million man march

August 30th, 2010, 8:02 am

?I can?t spend all of my time with my birth certificate plastered on my forehead,? quipped ObamaI wish he would, because then we might actually get to see where he was born

exneratunrisk

million man march

August 30th, 2010, 9:03 am

Known patterns: those claiming the stop of the fall-back into immaturity, transform "A God" into a big baton, hit everybody's head - free-yourself-become-mature-NOW! Tea party preachers do not sound very different from fundamentalist quran teachers, to me. Umberto Eco knew it from his semiotics research: the poorer the ideology and the stupider their leaders the more bombastic their rituals and propaganda.

Cuchulainn

million man march

August 30th, 2010, 10:32 am

Yeah, almost Orwellian.
Step over the gap, not into it. Watch the space between platform and train.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

farmer

million man march

August 30th, 2010, 10:41 am

Teachers are usually similar, whether they are teaching anything useful or not. To reject all teaching because you find the nature of teaching unpleasant, or to see such superficial patterns, is stupid.

Anthis

million man march

August 30th, 2010, 11:16 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: exneratunriskKnown patterns: those claiming the stop of the fall-back into immaturity, transform "A God" into a big baton, hit everybody's head - free-yourself-become-mature-NOW! Tea party preachers do not sound very different from fundamentalist quran teachers, to me. Umberto Eco knew it from his semiotics research: the poorer the ideology and the stupider their leaders the more bombastic their rituals and propaganda.I cant agree more. Such people ashame and profane the flag, the constitution and the history of a nation they supposedly try to protect.

farmer

million man march

August 30th, 2010, 12:03 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: AnthisI cant agree more. Such people ashame and profane the flag, the constitution and the history of a nation they supposedly try to protect.Hah, Anthis hates Christians.

Traden4Alpha

million man march

August 30th, 2010, 12:11 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerQuoteOriginally posted by: AnthisI cant agree more. Such people ashame and profane the flag, the constitution and the history of a nation they supposedly try to protect.Hah, Anthis hates Christians.Glenn Beck isn't a Christian. He's a hater who wraps his hate in a flag decorated by a cross as he profanes both symbols.Yes, very Orwellian.

farmer

million man march

August 30th, 2010, 12:15 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaGlenn Beck isn't a Christian. He's a hater who wraps his hate in a flag decorated by a cross as he profanes both symbols. Yes, very Orwellian.There is more hate in this little thread than in that whole enormous gathering. There is no doubt about it, you hate Christians. Probably because you hate morality - that being the set of memes between instinct and reason which provide the bulk of human programming - or maybe you are just Jewish and you have some kind of Christian paranoia.

farmer

million man march

August 30th, 2010, 12:20 pm

Wow, we learned something about the mysterious t4a today. His real name is something like Alan Feldman. And while he imagines himself to be a creature of reason, he is moved like a cork in the ocean by the prejudices of his culture.

Traden4Alpha

million man march

August 30th, 2010, 12:37 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaGlenn Beck isn't a Christian. He's a hater who wraps his hate in a flag decorated by a cross as he profanes both symbols. Yes, very Orwellian.There is more hate in this little thread than in that whole enormous gathering. There is no doubt about it, you hate Christians. Probably because you hate morality - that being the set of memes between instinct and reason which provide the bulk of human programming - or maybe you are just Jewish and you have some kind of Christian paranoia.First, morality doesn't require religion. Although all/most religions may have moral codes, not all moral codes have religions.Second, I have no animosity toward the majority of real Christians, Jews, Muslims, etc. -- they may be mushy-headed in worshipping some deity, but they are good hearted.It's the fundamentalists who want to kill people in the name of morality that scare me (and should scare anyone who actually has morals). They are the dangerous ones.As for the Tea Party, I probably support most of their fiscal restraint policies but fear that the Tea Party, like the Republican Party, will be co-opted by social conservatives.
Last edited by Traden4Alpha on August 29th, 2010, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anthis

million man march

August 30th, 2010, 12:38 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerQuoteOriginally posted by: AnthisI cant agree more. Such people ashame and profane the flag, the constitution and the history of a nation they supposedly try to protect.Hah, Anthis hates Christians.I doubt such "christians" deserve any more respect than talibans. When barbarism is dressed like a cleric, its still barbarism. Moreover, its not hate, its more of a scorn with some pity.
Last edited by Anthis on August 29th, 2010, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farmer

million man march

August 30th, 2010, 12:43 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaAs for the Tea Party, I probably support most of their fiscal restraint policies but fear that the Tea Party, like the Republican Party, will be co-opted by social conservatives.That's okay, a little bit of ethnic cleansing will restore the tea party to purity. And perhaps some kind of restrictions on speech can limit the risk until then. And we can each do our own little bit to marginalize Christians in our own communities. Such as here on the Wilmott forum, for example.Anyone in favor of banning Christians from Wilmott say I!

Anthis

million man march

August 30th, 2010, 12:49 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaAs for the Tea Party, I probably support most of their fiscal restraint policies but fear that the Tea Party, like the Republican Party, will be co-opted by social conservatives.Anyone in favor of banning Christians from Wilmott say I!Are you craving for lions in roman arenas, martyrdoms, and stuff like that? I dont think its a good idea, lions are creatures of god too, and have the right to some healthy diet...
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On