Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

zerdna

Travel Advisory - Serious

October 3rd, 2010, 4:44 pm

Tough stuff. I imagine the hand wringing and brain storming going on in Europe now. Should Notre Dame de Paris be blown up and mosque built in its place to make it a place of peace and slow down AL Qaeda recruitment? Should there be a minaret put on the top of Westminster Abbey to celebrate British multiculturalism? Should have French allowed hijab in public places? Maybe Germans shouldn't have closed mosques involved in plotting bombing? Didn't prince Charles announce in between his conversation with flower pots his love for islam? Why is he a target? Did we send enough money to Gaza? Maybe we should make Ramadan a paid state holiday? Have we denounced Israel and US enough? What are we doing wrong? Has someone shitted with his back to Mecca? Hard, legitimate questions.On top of it, NATO and US have sent a lot gunships and drones into Pakistan territory to stop this attack in western Europe. While this attack was probably thwarted, civilian Pakistanis were killed in the way. I wonder what conscientious people like daveangel would say about it. Seems to me, civilians were killed in the name of protecting him, and he supported this killing with his taxes. That's bad. Clearly, he and his family are not just some potential targets after that. They are, according to his strong convictions, legitimate targets for being blown up or beheaded as a way of fair reciprocation for the death of Pakistani civilians. What's the "way of bushido" in this circumstance? Sales of seppuku knives must be going up in some places.

Anthis

October 3rd, 2010, 4:46 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: frenchXI would say that I won't stop living cause of a possibility of terrorist attack. That's exactly what they want to TERRORIZE people. Ignore them and they would fail. I have one live and I don't want to be threaten by an invisible pernicious Damocles sword during all my live. So even if I've heard it's risky to go in the parisian subway center nowadays (maximum alert for 10 years) I fuck those bloody bastards and I enjoy my day If its gonna come, then its welcome...

trackstar
Topic Author

October 3rd, 2010, 4:48 pm

Perhaps you have just been waiting for an excuse to go Commando. Long Live Greece! ***Zerdna - your points are well-taken.
Last edited by trackstar on October 2nd, 2010, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frenchX

October 3rd, 2010, 4:56 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: AnthisQuoteOriginally posted by: frenchXI would say that I won't stop living cause of a possibility of terrorist attack. That's exactly what they want to TERRORIZE people. Ignore them and they would fail. I have one live and I don't want to be threaten by an invisible pernicious Damocles sword during all my live. So even if I've heard it's risky to go in the parisian subway center nowadays (maximum alert for 10 years) I fuck those bloody bastards and I enjoy my day If its gonna come, then its welcome...Only if our beloved Government is suppresed. No civilian collateral damages

trackstar
Topic Author

October 3rd, 2010, 7:23 pm

Ah, we were just flexing our biceps a little - nothing to worry about. No question that mine are bigger than his are.
Last edited by trackstar on October 2nd, 2010, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farmer

October 3rd, 2010, 7:54 pm

Better be careful, the stone-man is watching...

trackstar
Topic Author

October 3rd, 2010, 8:08 pm

can you get a GPS on him? I am firing up the F-18 now.

trackstar
Topic Author

October 3rd, 2010, 8:16 pm

if you could hack his email accounts we could have some fun... will pass on the date-brokering option, but thanks anyway.

ExSan

November 5th, 2010, 10:54 am

CNN - Man in disguise boards international flightQuoteAtlanta, Georgia (CNN) -- Canadian authorities are investigating an "unbelievable" incident in which a passenger boarded an Air Canada flight disguised as an elderly man, according to a confidential alert obtained by CNN. The incident occurred on October 29 on Air Canada flight AC018 to Vancouver originating in Hong Kong. An intelligence alert from the Canada Border Services Agency describes the incident as an "unbelievable case of concealment."
°°° About ExSan bit.ly/3U5bIdq °°°

ppauper

November 5th, 2010, 3:41 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanCNN - Man in disguise boards international flightQuoteAtlanta, Georgia (CNN) -- Canadian authorities are investigating an "unbelievable" incident in which a passenger boarded an Air Canada flight disguised as an elderly man, according to a confidential alert obtained by CNN. The incident occurred on October 29 on Air Canada flight AC018 to Vancouver originating in Hong Kong. An intelligence alert from the Canada Border Services Agency describes the incident as an "unbelievable case of concealment."so what, he pulled his pants up to his chest and they just assumed he was old ?

ExSan

February 18th, 2015, 9:40 am

-
°°° About ExSan bit.ly/3U5bIdq °°°

tags

Re: Travel Advisory - Serious

July 10th, 2021, 12:09 pm