SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

tagoma

Stupid question of the day

June 14th, 2014, 11:56 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofa"Do you like bees?"I've been asked it twice in one week by some random people in the street. Some bees support campaign? I guess it doesn't work too well when the campaigners look more like corpo-rats.aor is this some code meaning that I look fat? bees-obese?Maybe it's because A's get all the attention?I C...
Last edited by tagoma on June 13th, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katastrofa

June 14th, 2014, 12:35 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofa"Do you like bees?"I've been asked it twice in one week by some random people in the street. Some bees support campaign? I guess it doesn't work too well when the campaigners look more like corpo-rats.aor is this some code meaning that I look fat? bees-obese?Maybe it's because A's get all the attention?Oh, I get it... Do you think it's because I wear Martens?a
Last edited by katastrofa on June 13th, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Traden4Alpha

June 14th, 2014, 12:54 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofa"Do you like bees?"I've been asked it twice in one week by some random people in the street. Some bees support campaign? I guess it doesn't work too well when the campaigners look more like corpo-rats.aor is this some code meaning that I look fat? bees-obese?Maybe it's because A's get all the attention?Oh, I get it... Do you think it's because I wear Martens?aThat's it! It's all about the D-lightful shoes!

Cuchulainn

June 14th, 2014, 1:29 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofa"Do you like bees?"I've been asked it twice in one week by some random people in the street. Some bees support campaign? I guess it doesn't work too well when the campaigners look more like corpo-rats.aor is this some code meaning that I look fat? bees-obese?Maybe it's because A's get all the attention?Oh, I get it... Do you think it's because I wear Martens?aThat's it! It's all about the D-lightful shoes! That's soleless.

Traden4Alpha

June 14th, 2014, 8:53 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofa"Do you like bees?"I've been asked it twice in one week by some random people in the street. Some bees support campaign? I guess it doesn't work too well when the campaigners look more like corpo-rats.aor is this some code meaning that I look fat? bees-obese?Maybe it's because A's get all the attention?Oh, I get it... Do you think it's because I wear Martens?aThat's it! It's all about the D-lightful shoes! That's soleless.I'm such a heel!

tagoma

June 14th, 2014, 9:00 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofa"Do you like bees?"I've been asked it twice in one week by some random people in the street. Some bees support campaign? I guess it doesn't work too well when the campaigners look more like corpo-rats.aor is this some code meaning that I look fat? bees-obese?Maybe it's because A's get all the attention?Oh, I get it... Do you think it's because I wear Martens?aThat's it! It's all about the D-lightful shoes! That's soleless.I'm such a heel!Gee!

katastrofa

June 15th, 2014, 4:24 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofa"Do you like bees?"I've been asked it twice in one week by some random people in the street. Some bees support campaign? I guess it doesn't work too well when the campaigners look more like corpo-rats.aor is this some code meaning that I look fat? bees-obese?Maybe it's because A's get all the attention?Oh, I get it... Do you think it's because I wear Martens?aThat's it! It's all about the D-lightful shoes! That's soleless.I'm such a heel!Gee!Where the * is one letter?I admit I dress to scare away (I cannot even remember when was the last time I bought some piece of clothing other then undies or socks). I'd rather say I could attract flies :-Da
Last edited by katastrofa on June 14th, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tagoma

June 20th, 2014, 2:34 pm

Where does the naming conventions for futures contracts, that is F = Jan, G = Feb, ... Z = Dec, come from?
Last edited by tagoma on June 19th, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daveangel

June 20th, 2014, 3:07 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaWhere does the naming conventions for futures contracts, that is F = Jan, G = Feb, ... Z = Dec, come from?I am not entirely sure but I think if you drop the vowels (AEIOU) and some of the more confusing letters (S for example) then you aren't left with many to choose 12 from.
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers

xpatagon

June 20th, 2014, 3:23 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaWhere does the naming conventions for futures contracts, that is F = Jan, G = Feb, ... Z = Dec, come from?There is an official response from the CME to this question on this sites competitor board - according to them the answer is that the codes were assigned in the very early days when there were fewer contracts, so the letters were assigned alphabetically skipping letters that were already assigned as abbreviations for other things, egA = AskB = BidC = CornD = ?E = EggsF = JanuaryetcTo see the full post google "the logic after futures month codes", with quotes

tagoma

June 27th, 2014, 8:22 pm

This one just popped up in my brain.Why did that Eldorado that was the United States settle up its financial market on Wall Street?
Last edited by tagoma on June 26th, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tagoma

June 29th, 2014, 4:10 pm

How long doest it take to become a samourai trader?... I was kidding. More seriously, why haven't they sent S.Nison to prison, yet?Secrets To Becoming A Samurai Trader

katastrofa

June 29th, 2014, 4:18 pm

He looks like Groucho Marx!

tagoma

July 5th, 2014, 6:02 pm

When did taboo first appear?

ppauper

July 5th, 2014, 6:31 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaWhen did taboo first appear?1989
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On