SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

tagoma

Stupid question of the day

July 15th, 2014, 7:51 pm

Sorry I'm landing. Why do people call Chicago "Chitown" ? (I mean no one says "Indianapotown")
Last edited by tagoma on July 14th, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ppauper

July 15th, 2014, 7:58 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaAnd do you remember this game?Portugal vs. Holland WM 2006 FoulsYep! I saw it in Frankfurt on a huge screen in the middle of the river!And the only beer was Bud 2.5%. Went to the rest room every 5 minutes. Meshuggah.Just because you were drinking American "beer" doesn't mean you have to turn yank - what the heck is a "rest room" ?a "rest room" is a "crapper" to you

katastrofa

July 19th, 2014, 11:05 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CactusManHow many significant digits on the right hand side of:1 in. = 2.54 cm

tagoma

July 19th, 2014, 11:10 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: CactusManHow many significant digits on the right hand side of:1 in. = 2.54 cmthat is tough quoting

tagoma

July 27th, 2014, 1:17 pm

say i have just downloaded the deepin distro. i'm willing to write some code in C++ (C++11?) under linux environment. what IDEs are available?on stackoverflow people strongly disagree with each other.
Last edited by tagoma on July 26th, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ExSan

July 30th, 2014, 11:30 am

is there a solution for the Palestinian - Israel conflict ?

Cuchulainn

July 31st, 2014, 8:20 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaAnd do you remember this game?Portugal vs. Holland WM 2006 FoulsYep! I saw it in Frankfurt on a huge screen in the middle of the river!And the only beer was Bud 2.5%. Went to the rest room every 5 minutes. Meshuggah.Just because you were drinking American "beer" doesn't mean you have to turn yank - what the heck is a "rest room" ?a "rest room" is a "crapper" to youI'm Irish, not English.

daveangel

July 31st, 2014, 8:59 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaAnd do you remember this game?Portugal vs. Holland WM 2006 FoulsYep! I saw it in Frankfurt on a huge screen in the middle of the river!And the only beer was Bud 2.5%. Went to the rest room every 5 minutes. Meshuggah.Just because you were drinking American "beer" doesn't mean you have to turn yank - what the heck is a "rest room" ?a "rest room" is a "crapper" to youno its a "loo"
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers

ppauper

July 31st, 2014, 9:03 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaAnd do you remember this game?Portugal vs. Holland WM 2006 FoulsYep! I saw it in Frankfurt on a huge screen in the middle of the river!And the only beer was Bud 2.5%. Went to the rest room every 5 minutes. Meshuggah.Just because you were drinking American "beer" doesn't mean you have to turn yank - what the heck is a "rest room" ?a "rest room" is a "crapper" to youI'm Irish, not English.that's nice, but (like most of your posts) not particularly pertinentDaveAngel asked " what the heck is a "rest room" ?" and I explained that what the Americans call a "rest room" the British call a "crapper", in honor of the great British inventor Thomas Crapper who made crappers for the royal family
Last edited by ppauper on July 30th, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

July 31st, 2014, 9:03 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaAnd do you remember this game?Portugal vs. Holland WM 2006 FoulsYep! I saw it in Frankfurt on a huge screen in the middle of the river!And the only beer was Bud 2.5%. Went to the rest room every 5 minutes. Meshuggah.Just because you were drinking American "beer" doesn't mean you have to turn yank - what the heck is a "rest room" ?a "rest room" is a "crapper" to youno its a "loo"We use FirMná
Last edited by Cuchulainn on July 30th, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

July 31st, 2014, 9:12 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaAnd do you remember this game?Portugal vs. Holland WM 2006 FoulsYep! I saw it in Frankfurt on a huge screen in the middle of the river!And the only beer was Bud 2.5%. Went to the rest room every 5 minutes. Meshuggah.Just because you were drinking American "beer" doesn't mean you have to turn yank - what the heck is a "rest room" ?a "rest room" is a "crapper" to youI'm Irish, not English.that's nice, but (like most of your posts) npt particularly pertinentDaveAngel asked " what the heck is a "rest room" ?" and I explained that what the Americans call a "rest room" the British call a "crapper", in honor of the great British inventor Thomas Crapper who made crappers for the royal familyWhat word do they use in the Bible? I'm sure T. Crapper, Esq. was not the inventor of the smallest room?

Cuchulainn

July 31st, 2014, 9:16 am

Deuteronomy, ppauperWho invented the latrine?hthQuoteHowever, the Bible does speak about toilets. It is, for instance, mentioned in the story of Eglon and Ehud in Chapter 3 of the book of Judges. The king Eglon, while he was ?sitting alone in his cool roof chamber? (Judges 3, 20) ? a nice way to talk about toilets ? receives Ehud, who would use this opportunity to be along with the king to kill him. Interestingly, monarchs used to receive visitors while sitting in toilets. Not only in the Bible, but until the Middle Ages. It was a way to express their power, their authority, and I believe, to make visitors feel uncomfortable.Furthermore, Deuteronomy as a matter of personal hygiene, explicitly requests: ?You are to have a place outside the camp to serve as a latrine. You must have a spade among your other equipment and when you relieve yourself outside you must dig a hole with the spade and then turn and cover your excrement? (Deut 23, 12-13).I think we shouldn't be ashamed of talking about toilets. Of course, it might seem something strange for us living in Geneva, who can even choose the long or short flush of water, but not for billions of people around the world who do not have access to sanitation.The first reading of the Bible today (Deut 10, 16-19) reveals us a God who cares, who loves, who does justice to the poor, in the well known triad the orphan, the widow, the stranger. Poor today are also especially those who don't have access to sanitation, 2.5 billion people in the world, one in three people do not have access to a toilet ! As you may imagine these are the poorest. Access to sanitation is a matter of rights, of dignity and justice.The advocacy work of the EWN has focussed for years on Water AND Sanitation. In fact, the UN Assembly recognized the Human Right to Water and Sanitation in July 2010. And the Human Rights Council appointed a Special Rapporteur on safe drinking water and sanitation to make these available, accessible, safe, acceptable and affordable for all without discrimination.For us, Christians, it has been quite easy to talk about water. The second reading of the Bible, from the Book of Revelation (Rev 22, 1-5) is just one, among many, which stresses the relationship between water and life.

tagoma

August 16th, 2014, 3:57 pm

Can Jenifer Batten use an Ipad?

tagoma

September 12th, 2014, 6:05 pm

Is the temperatures of Earth's centre/crust stable over time?I mean could global [air] warming/cooling come from under our feet?
Last edited by tagoma on September 11th, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On