Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

ppauper
Topic Author

Re: Saudis going soft ?

September 26th, 2017, 9:47 pm

Saudi Arabia to issue driving licences to women
Maybe one day they will also announce they stop bullying or killing them (women) for no reason.
one day,maybe, but not yet it would seem
Saudi Arabia Agrees to Let Women Drive

frolloos

September 27th, 2017, 6:19 am

Until those wahhabists allow others of non-muslim faith to practice their religion openly in Saudi, all so-called progress is a farce, and Saudi remains a backward plot of sand imho.

ppauper
Topic Author

November 5th, 2017, 8:47 am

In Shocking Purge, Saudi King Arrests Billionaire Prince Bin Talal, Dozens Of Others In Cabinet Crackdown
In a shocking development, Saudi press Al Mayadeen reported late on Saturday that prominent billionaire, member of the royal Saudi family, and one of the biggest shareholders of Citi, News Corp. and Twitter - not to mention frequent CNBC guest - Al-Waleed bin Talal, along with ten senior princes, and some 38 ministers, has been arrested for corruption and money laundering charges on orders from the new anti-corruption committee headed by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, while Royal princes’ private planes have been grounded.
lol, we're having these fake hearings into alleged russian interference on social media during the election, and one of the biggest shareholders of twitter is a saudi who hates trump? how about some hearings into that!

Traden4Alpha

November 5th, 2017, 2:22 pm

In Shocking Purge, Saudi King Arrests Billionaire Prince Bin Talal, Dozens Of Others In Cabinet Crackdown
In a shocking development, Saudi press Al Mayadeen reported late on Saturday that prominent billionaire, member of the royal Saudi family, and one of the biggest shareholders of Citi, News Corp. and Twitter - not to mention frequent CNBC guest - Al-Waleed bin Talal, along with ten senior princes, and some 38 ministers, has been arrested for corruption and money laundering charges on orders from the new anti-corruption committee headed by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, while Royal princes’ private planes have been grounded.
lol, we're having these fake hearings into alleged russian interference on social media during the election, and one of the biggest shareholders of twitter is a saudi who hates trump? how about some hearings into that!
LOL!

Are you saying that if only Twitter was a Trump supporter they'd close down his account to prevent self-harm?

Twitter is making too much money off of Trump's deranged mutterings to do anything about him.

ppauper
Topic Author

November 5th, 2017, 2:33 pm

I'm not sure what t4a's point was
mine was that there appears to have been Saudi interference in the 2016 election
Are you saying that if only Twitter was a Trump supporter they'd close down his account to prevent self-harm?
Twitter is making too much money off of Trump's deranged mutterings to do anything about him.
your timing is terrible. A couple of days ago, twitter did in fact shut down the president's twitter account, only to reactivate it and blame the shutdown on a "rogue employee on his last day"
Rogue Twitter employee deactivated Trump’s personal account on last day on the job, company says

Traden4Alpha

November 5th, 2017, 3:54 pm

I'm not sure what t4a's point was
mine was that there appears to have been Saudi interference in the 2016 election
your timing is terrible. A couple of days ago, twitter did in fact shut down the president's twitter account, only to reactivate it and blame the shutdown on a "rogue employee on his last day"
Rogue Twitter employee deactivated Trump’s personal account on last day on the job, company says
So there are Trump supporters within Twitter trying to save the president from himself.

ppauper
Topic Author

November 6th, 2017, 5:33 pm

Blaming Iran, Saudi says Huthi strike may be 'act of war'

if it is war, we should stay out of it

ppauper
Topic Author

December 21st, 2017, 9:20 am

ppauper
Topic Author

December 22nd, 2017, 9:59 am

we've covered beauty contests for camels here before
oddly, when the contests feature women instead of camels, the saudis get upset

Cuchulainn

December 22nd, 2017, 10:57 am

In my free time I enjoyed camel racing at Seeb.

ppauper
Topic Author

December 22nd, 2017, 11:39 am

you're a camel jockey?

Cuchulainn

December 22nd, 2017, 11:54 am

you're a camel jockey?
More of a punter.

ppauper
Topic Author

January 13th, 2018, 11:23 am

Jailed Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, Saudi Arabia's richest man, is running out of time to make a deal

not sure why the authorities would let him buy his freedom when they could just as easily kill him and take all his stuff.
I guess the Saudi royal family is not a close family

Al-Waleed is a grandson of Ibn Saud, the first Saudi king, a half-nephew of all Saudi kings since, and a grandson of Riad Al Solh
Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman who had him arrested is his cousin and also a grandson of Ibn Saud. Looks like Ibn Saud had twenty-two "consorts" and   almost a hundred children, including forty-five sons.

ppauper
Topic Author

January 22nd, 2018, 8:20 pm

Cuchulainn

January 24th, 2018, 4:25 pm

Surprised ppauper didn't see this one. In my day botox wasn't on the horizon.

12 camels disqualified from Saudi beauty contest in 'Botox' row

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... tox-cheats