SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

CrashedMint
Topic Author

tea party explained

August 2nd, 2011, 8:12 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerQuoteOriginally posted by: CrashedMinti think the tea party is in favour of the freedom to do the right thing, unfortunately what is right or wrong is decided by them in a dogmatic fashion and not up for debate. Personally I am much in favour of any kind of freedom, even if I don't like it. And above all I am a staunch defender of the personal right to act in a stupid fashion. I think being stupid is a birthright.Why don't you post some pictures of your favorite freedom abortion. Trackstar shows pics of her favorite things - horses, cakes, etc. - but you will never show a picture of this thing you claim is so great.It's your right to be absolutely against abortions and if you want to choose to stay pregnant that's a good decision. But you cannot make that decision for somebody else. Personally I find abortions horrific, but my understanding of liberty is that I don't dictate people what to do.

farmer

tea party explained

August 2nd, 2011, 8:15 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CrashedMintPersonally I find abortions horrific, but my understanding of liberty is that I don't dictate people what to do.Except interview black applicants, leave their guns in their cars, and pay taxes to fund abortion...

farmer

tea party explained

August 2nd, 2011, 8:18 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CrashedMintPersonally I find abortions horrific, but my understanding of liberty is that I don't dictate people what to do.What if I want to leave $100 million inheritance to my son? What if I want to sell tobacco to a minor? What if I want to go down to Arizona, and start a radio show about how people should shoot their Congressman?What if want to PRAY IN SCHOOL?WHAT IF I WANT TO DISPLAY AN AMERICAN FLAG ON MY FRONT LAWN???

farmer

tea party explained

August 2nd, 2011, 8:23 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CrashedMintPersonally I find abortions horrific, but my understanding of liberty is that I don't dictate people what to do.What if I am renting an apartment above my garage, and a black person comes to look at it. Do I really have to rent it to a black person, a spook? Even if I don't want to? That would be horrific!

Fermion

tea party explained

August 2nd, 2011, 8:29 pm

Gosh! Four posts in a row just to prove my point!

farmer

tea party explained

August 2nd, 2011, 8:31 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: FermionGosh! Four posts in a row just to prove my point!My favorite freedom, Fermion, is spending all the money I stole from you on Miss Arab.

CrashedMint
Topic Author

tea party explained

August 2nd, 2011, 8:55 pm

Basically you should be allowed to do as you please as long as you don't do shit to others. Such shit doing includes trying to kill them, or encouraging others to do so. (yes, i know you think this is the perfect setup to start the abortion debate again, but no it's not because these are cell clusters, not people, and no I can't tell you when it becomes a person, cause well, nobody can which kinda proves nothing.)

Traden4Alpha

tea party explained

August 2nd, 2011, 10:14 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerQuoteOriginally posted by: CrashedMinti think the tea party is in favour of the freedom to do the right thing, unfortunately what is right or wrong is decided by them in a dogmatic fashion and not up for debate. Personally I am much in favour of any kind of freedom, even if I don't like it. And above all I am a staunch defender of the personal right to act in a stupid fashion. I think being stupid is a birthright.Why don't you post some pictures of your favorite freedom abortion. Trackstar shows pics of her favorite things - horses, cakes, etc. - but you will never show a picture of this thing you claim is so great.I never claimed abortion was great, but it's better than unloved children being raised in poverty.I've always found the social right-wingers to be hypocritical on this topic. They are so concerned about the "defenseless unborn" but they turn their backs the minute the child is born.

farmer

tea party explained

August 2nd, 2011, 11:16 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaI've always found the social right-wingers to be hypocritical on this topic. They are so concerned about the "defenseless unborn" but they turn their backs the minute the child is born.Nonsense. You have nothing to back this up. And Christian people love adoption.

hayes

tea party explained

August 3rd, 2011, 6:06 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerQuoteOriginally posted by: CrashedMinti think the tea party is in favour of the freedom to do the right thing, unfortunately what is right or wrong is decided by them in a dogmatic fashion and not up for debate. Personally I am much in favour of any kind of freedom, even if I don't like it. And above all I am a staunch defender of the personal right to act in a stupid fashion. I think being stupid is a birthright.Why don't you post some pictures of your favorite freedom abortion. Trackstar shows pics of her favorite things - horses, cakes, etc. - but you will never show a picture of this thing you claim is so great.It is true that a powerful picture can change the world's view, but there have been plenty of abortion pictures on billboards and placards for decades now. I can Google thousands of photos if I want to in a matter of seconds. My point being, if the image of an abortion was enough to stop it, it would've worked by now.Maybe when women are making the decision about a termination, they are thinking about other issues and consequences that are more complex than an unpleasant photograph.
Last edited by hayes on August 2nd, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hayes

tea party explained

August 3rd, 2011, 6:10 am

*dupe*
Last edited by hayes on August 2nd, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marsden

tea party explained

August 3rd, 2011, 11:12 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerQuoteOriginally posted by: CrashedMintPersonally I find abortions horrific, but my understanding of liberty is that I don't dictate people what to do.What if I want to leave $100 million inheritance to my son? What if I want to sell tobacco to a minor? What if I want to go down to Arizona, and start a radio show about how people should shoot their Congressman?What if want to PRAY IN SCHOOL?WHAT IF I WANT TO DISPLAY AN AMERICAN FLAG ON MY FRONT LAWN???What if I want to walk in a straight line from my house to the nearest bar but my neighbors won't let me CROSS THEIR YARDS????

farmer

tea party explained

August 3rd, 2011, 12:47 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: MarsdenWhat if I want to walk in a straight line from my house to the nearest bar but my neighbors won't let me CROSS THEIR YARDS????Most historic Bigfoot sightings across the Northwest were likely Marsden headed out to the pub.

Errrb

tea party explained

August 3rd, 2011, 1:04 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmer QuoteOriginally posted by: MarsdenWhat if I want to walk in a straight line from my house to the nearest bar but my neighbors won't let me CROSS THEIR YARDS????Most historic Bigfoot sightings across the Northwest were likely Marsden headed out to the pub.I think his neighbors would love to have him CROSS THEIR PROPERTY, they must have set up traps for this dumb animal to catch "expensive shoes" and some redundant toes and fingers. Isn't it how he got into his present state in the first place?
Last edited by Errrb on August 2nd, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farmer

tea party explained

August 4th, 2011, 3:08 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CrashedMintI can't tell you when it becomes a person, cause well, nobody can which kinda proves nothing.You don't have an intellectual or philosophical reason for liking abortion. It's just something you latched onto. And the exercise of trying to defend it in an intellectual way came after.It's just because you are at the parroting age. It's funny that one day you will like Rush Limbaugh. Why? Because Rush is right, and you are not a kook like Fermion or Marsden. Even your vanity is a young-person thing. It is not a creepy the-killer-is-probably-a-white-male-in-his-thirties vanity like t4a.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On