SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

katastrofa

Re: norway

July 23rd, 2019, 7:37 pm

Is my assertion that in the town of Oslo with its phenomenal long-legged blondes I can safely roam around jazz/rock/metal clubs alone in the evenings correct?

trackstar

July 23rd, 2019, 9:13 pm

Is my assertion that in the town of Oslo with its phenomenal long-legged blondes I can safely roam around jazz/rock/metal clubs alone in the evenings correct?
Listen, I will take a sisterly interest here and you may spit in my eye, but that's ok.  ; )

On the humorous side, if men flirt with you and you really want to put them off, tell them to see Fatal Attraction - and it's a fair warning.  

That should work pretty well and the next time you see them in the jazz/rock/metal club, they will stay far, far away. Hehe.

But on a more serious note (and here is where she spits in my eye), I'd be very careful traveling in any country and going to any club, with regard to alcohol.

I'm not saying don't drink at all (although I don't, especially not if I'm very tired and/or jet lagged), but limit yourself to one or two drinks and then switch to spring water, soda, or juice.

There doesn't have to be actual danger involved for there to be some unfortunate outcomes in life.

Unless, of course, one is "open to all new experiences," as Cuchulainn was offered on Linked In today. Haha.  

And some people truly do whatever they want without regrets. Libertarians and fine for them! To be found anywhere on the wide spectrum from far left hippies to the Marquis de Sade.

Good luck!

katastrofa

July 23rd, 2019, 10:03 pm

Thanks, that's a sensible advice. And it feels so nice that someone cares about my safety <3

I won't drink more than half a pint of their craft beer, assuming there's anything I can't get at home. Just so that everybody knows, I can easily tank a bottle of vodka and still walk straight! I can't remember that, but I've seen the video footage (my uncle's wedding party).

I don't spit. I'm not a llama!

bearish

July 23rd, 2019, 11:14 pm

One rule around here - don't ever claim to be an alpaca! Even in ppauper's absence, that may bring back memories. As for Oslo clubs, I know nothing about them. Last time I went out there for a beer and an attempted conversation with an old friend we were hushed down because they were having "trivia night", and no talking allowed! As for those "phenomenal long-legged blondes", I wouldn't count on them as they were pretty thin on the ground when I was looking for them, and have almost certainly only declined in density since then. All of that being said, just have a good time!

katastrofa

July 24th, 2019, 10:22 am

Ha! But only llama spit (afaik) :-)
Thanks!

bearish

July 24th, 2019, 3:32 pm

Ha! But only llama spit (afaik) :-)
Thanks!
https://www.onlyalpacas.com/blogs/news/do-alpacas-spit

katastrofa

July 24th, 2019, 8:38 pm

My mistake, apologies (to Bearish and llamas).

Cuchulainn

July 24th, 2019, 9:21 pm

My mistake, apologies (to Bearish and llamas)
And llama owners.

bearish

July 25th, 2019, 1:05 am

No apologies necessary as far as I'm concerned. I learn these things as I go along. But I did have drinks with an alpaca breeder (no! no! he was just supervising their breeding!) on a couple of occasions at the home of a prominent member of our industry. You travel an hour or two out of NYC and find yourself in the company of wild turkeys, bears, etc., as well as domesticated alpacas.

Collector

August 2nd, 2019, 1:46 pm

RIP, a few climbers passed in the Troll Wall, brought out today  https://norwaytoday.info/news/czech-climber-trollveggen/  the Troll Wall is very steep !

I was just at the Troll Wall a week ago...some was yelling at me for running along an edge...but what i did was totally safe! to climb it seems far too risky

Wingsuit Flying Off The Troll Wall

Cuchulainn

August 2nd, 2019, 2:02 pm

A loose screw.

Collector

August 2nd, 2019, 2:25 pm

A loose screw.
rock fall is out of own control. At the the top, rock from the mountain can not fall down at you. In wing suite you can keep distance to rock falls? or at least fly away (out from wall). When climbing; little or no control of rock fall. Stay on Top! Gravity is one major cause of death (in the Troll Wall).

katastrofa

August 7th, 2019, 2:42 pm

My colleague thought she must take me there just because of the title :-D
I hate such events or, more precisely, I've never been to such an event because I hate them.

katastrofa

August 9th, 2019, 6:05 pm

Why in Norway (or at least in Oslo) the "superior" hotel room standard is below "business"?? It's the opposite to the rest of the world (or at least Tokyo).

katastrofa

August 13th, 2019, 5:50 pm

I think suddenly started to understand the written Viking language! Or at least I think so. I will show you:

TAKK FOR KJØPET! -> thank you for order
Dette er kvitteringen dinog kan ikke brukes som billett. Billettene ligger vedlagt. -> This is your receipt, and can not be ticket [a standard note that I can't use it as a ticket.] Tickets are attached.
Ditt ordrenummer er ...: -> Your order number is ...

LEVERING -> I think they mean DELIVERING (probably a typo ;-P)
Du har valgt mobilbillett. -> Yes! I have chosen mobile tickets!
Husk å åpne vedlegget i denne e-posten og last billettene opp på mobilen, slik ar du har dem klare for fremvisning i døren. -> Yay! A tough one! Open attachment in this email and download on your mobile, so that you have them clear/ready to show at the door.

Don't tell me if it's correct. It will soon turn out :-D
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On