Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Collector

Re: norway

December 5th, 2021, 10:37 am

yes series of parities involved, the two new super highways (cables) is the main problem. The hourly price is also an issue, but much smaller so. AP (party of current prime minister), Høyre, FRP voted for Acer.  Rødt SV, KrF at least wanted to wait with it back when they voted. Extreme double moral here also, the Green Party MDG said as late as September this year they wanted new cables built out as fast as possible, and they told explicitly they wanted higher electricity price. Now they pretend they are the party who want to save Norwegians from high electricity prices. I guess all to get votes and then to screw the people.

Collector

December 5th, 2021, 11:26 am

The galloping electricity prices can destabilize Norwegian society

"Electricity prices are crushing the Norwegian working class. What you call the green shift and environmental policy is a policy that is harmful to most people's health."
Last edited by Collector on December 5th, 2021, 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Collector

December 5th, 2021, 11:27 am

"Should Norway close its borders to export of electricity? I don’t know, but I’m guessing that it would not sit well with its commitments to the EU. Which might call for a, wait, no-exit?"

so use dynamite on the british cable first, don't think EU will care.

bearish

December 5th, 2021, 1:27 pm

"Should Norway close its borders to export of electricity? I don’t know, but I’m guessing that it would not sit well with its commitments to the EU. Which might call for a, wait, no-exit?"

so use dynamite on the british cable first, don't think EU will care.
That’s downright Solomonic!

katastrofa

December 5th, 2021, 8:28 pm

I can legally dive only down to 60 m :-( ... but if you keep it secret (and provide the dynamite) I can do the job.
Just hope the water isn't very cold. Dived in the Arctic Sea, but it was close to Kursk or something triggerung my Geiger counter (could be Higgs?)... but I can take a small heater with me and plug in directly to the link!

Hey, why not just plug in another cable back to Norway and give to the poor pale-faces what's theirs? V for Voltage!

Collector

December 6th, 2021, 7:59 pm

Massive demonstrations are under planning. 

And in case of fight against government robbed the people from their own electricity it will not be paid demonstrators (that I am sure u all are aware of are used in Norway) 

"LO unions paid protesters. can now reveal that the latter union, prior to the demonstration, sent an SMS to its members with a promise of payment to everyone who showed up."

https://borsen.dagbladet.no/nyheter/lo-forbund-betalte-demonstranter/74768856

Collector

December 6th, 2021, 8:30 pm

It Is not only in USA demonstrators from time to time are paid, it also happen in the Nobel Peace Prize country. 

What dose it cost to be nominated for the Nobel Peace Price, about 72000 USD. possibly higher now due to inflation

Pastor was nominated for the Peace prize just after he gave  72000 USD to organization led by former prime minister that just afterwards recommended the Pastor as candidate for the Nobel Peace Price. 

"Pastor was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize after a monetary gift"

Collector

December 7th, 2021, 5:55 pm

Energy minister went to USA for Christmas shopping and meeting fellow democrats, while country in middle of electricity crisis, after she was confronted about the crisis in best TV time. In mean time steal factory fired all its emplyees and they blame it on months with record high electricity prices, tomato growers had to let all employees go and had to throw all plants. Students are still  not allowed to shower in several student dormitories. 

rumors: someone contacted someone really high up (the top behind the top), and the energy minister was then told to get back home, so she had to jump back on the plain back to Norway, and cancel most of appointments in US.

ExSan

December 11th, 2021, 2:49 pm

katastrofa

December 11th, 2021, 8:11 pm

I suspect the jump in cases is because people started testing more before seasonal gatherings & after the government omicron warnings.
I'm probably Covid positive now (test results haven't arrived yet - I had a reason to suspect and preferred to be on the safe side before meeting my sickly dad). No symptoms. Maybe slightly hoarse voice yesterday morning... might have been glogg though. Today I did 15 km langreski (3 falls only: 1st when I took a Popperian attempt at the theory that you shouldn't cross your skis - consider it falsified; 2nd when I saw a tiny fly crossing the løype and skied backwards to help him or her get to the other side safely; 3rd - some stupid dog), cleaned up the house, cooked, carried big shopping...
Seriously, Twitts from a random person's aas don't represent the situation accurately.

Un poco de noruego para ti, Señor Caliente! sabe mejor frío :-)
Attachments
IMG_2103.JPG
IMG_2056.jpg
66091140860__8D88AB7F-CC08-45C1-8AA1-E58BFCDC8DDB.jpg

ExSan

December 11th, 2021, 8:50 pm

I suspect the jump in cases is because people started testing more before seasonal gatherings & after the government omicron warnings.
I'm probably Covid positive now (test results haven't arrived yet - I had a reason to suspect and preferred to be on the safe side before meeting my sickly dad). No symptoms. Maybe slightly hoarse voice yesterday morning... might have been glogg though. Today I did 15 km langreski (3 falls only: 1st when I took a Popperian attempt at the theory that you shouldn't cross your skis - consider it falsified; 2nd when I saw a tiny fly crossing the løype and skied backwards to help him or her get to the other side safely; 3rd - some stupid dog), cleaned up the house, cooked, carried big shopping...
Seriously, Twitts from a random person's aas don't represent the situation accurately.

Un poco de noruego para ti, Señor Caliente! sabe mejor frío :-)
Norway is in my bucket list, hopefully if I survive 

Collector

December 14th, 2021, 11:05 am

google translate "Anything other than a full repayment of billions in increased state funds (grabbed from the people) from extraordinarily high electricity prices can be considered an extraordinary taxation from a state-led cartel."

https://www.universitetsavisa.no/espen-gaarder-haug-stein-frydenberg-strom/den-dyrebare-strommen/204780

bearish

December 14th, 2021, 5:21 pm

google translate "Anything other than a full repayment of billions in increased state funds (grabbed from the people) from extraordinarily high electricity prices can be considered an extraordinary taxation from a state-led cartel."

https://www.universitetsavisa.no/espen-gaarder-haug-stein-frydenberg-strom/den-dyrebare-strommen/204780
I think that article makes the point pretty well, although, speaking as somebody who grew up in Norway in a home that was almost exclusively heated by wood burning stoves, I’ll dispute the claim that you cannot leave your house once you have started a fire.

katastrofa

December 14th, 2021, 7:57 pm

Leaving the stove burning is something I've been always told at home to never do. Anyway, I've been paying higher bills for a 75 sqm flat in London than the one that welcome me in the big Baerums farm house. I will just ski a lot and use cats as heaters.

Collector

December 14th, 2021, 11:27 pm

"I’ll dispute the claim that you cannot leave your house once you have started a fire."

there is no problem to leave the house with a fire in the stove, the problem is when u come back 5 hours later from the forest where u have been drinking Glogg. Then the fire has burnt out and u are perhaps not sober enough to start a new one, and then u wake up frozen to the bed, if u even wake up. Besides fire wood sold out many places now, last chance is keep house warm on hjemmebrent!