Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

platinum

Re: norway

July 19th, 2022, 12:01 am

We missed a good chance in golf yesterday, but have another one in the men’s 1500 track world championships tonight.
Sure, good point. Viktor Hovland is ranked 9th in the World Golf Rankings PGA Tour.

Another option somewhere between the elegance of golf and kitsch of air guitar: World Snooker Tour 2022

katastrofa

August 28th, 2022, 1:39 am

Today I tested the Norwegian customs. Fed up with the privileged male fatsos skinny dipping in the nearby lake, I liquefied my assets top-down (but always bottom-up for hygiene!). I made zero impression on anyone (or at least I didn't notice anyone disturbed by it - since I lost my contact lenses in the very lake about a month ago). From now on I plan to bath topless. In Poland women get fines for it! They are called disgusting or sexualised. How sexist it is to think that I'm not disgusted by naked unattractive male bodies or arouse by those nice and fit!

katastrofa

September 22nd, 2022, 9:10 pm

Fourteen bridges of Norway: https://youtu.be/FSPI0xkTifI
Take this, Leonhard Euler!
Seriously, what where the constructors thinking??

bearish

September 23rd, 2022, 2:54 am

Thanks for sharing! I watched the whole thing, and it seems pretty crazy! On a vaguely related note, I was reminded of the 8am beginning of semester structural engineering class that I once attended, to fulfill a promise. To be precise, the night before I had to promise to go there and take good notes in order to convince a cute new fellow graduate student to hang out and drink a bit longer instead of going to (her, by herself) bed to rest up for that class. It did actually turn into a brief relationship, but probably didn’t educate me that much otherwise.

katastrofa

September 23rd, 2022, 7:40 am

Interesting example of comparative advantage :-D

I’d probably add a minute on temperature expansion of water/ice helping the cracks to grow in Norwegian winter. It can collapse reinforced concrete. I honestly can’t imagine how any bridge could have lasted more than 50 years, unless it’s full steel with a protective layer (I’m not sure if he’s right about the red layer of rust. It looks like an oxidised protective metal.)