SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

farmer
Topic Author

has my time come, to lead the workers and the disenfranchised, down a shining path to economic freedom?

August 20th, 2011, 7:20 pm

Just thinking about it...

frenchX

has my time come, to lead the workers and the disenfranchised, down a shining path to economic freedom?

August 20th, 2011, 7:39 pm

You want to be the next US president, farmer ?

tagoma

August 20th, 2011, 7:43 pm

farmer what's your plan ?
Last edited by tagoma on August 19th, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fermion

August 20th, 2011, 10:30 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerJust thinking about it...Your time for anything expired the moment you arrived on earth from the planet Alfuctup in the galaxy Randisgod.

trackstar

August 21st, 2011, 1:26 am

Select a running mate, put out your platform, and start raising money. You will need about a billion these days, but I think it is within your grasp.If I help you, I would like to become the Secretary of State or the Treasury when you win.

traderjoe1976

August 21st, 2011, 6:27 am

I say farmer should replace Bachman on the GOP ticket and Fermion should replace Obama on the Dem ticket. Then, we will have an election which will be truly interesting.

Traden4Alpha

August 21st, 2011, 9:15 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: traderjoe1976I say farmer should replace Bachman on the GOP ticket and Fermion should replace Obama on the Dem ticket. Then, we will have an election which will be truly interesting.It would be the Poll Dancers Party vs. the Blue Lollipop Party.

Errrb

August 21st, 2011, 1:18 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: traderjoe1976 Fermion should replace Obama on the Dem ticket. Fermion is more like Joe Biden type, old dumb uncle that is ignored by all guests at the parties, who has his foot in the mouth, each time he opens it. Somewhat younger piece of shit like mARSEden should replace Obama on the ticket. I see a posters with mARSEDin (dressed as as uncle Sam) pointing his mutilated fingers, saying something "I want your money for my welfare motherfuckers"
Last edited by Errrb on August 20th, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zerdna

August 21st, 2011, 2:25 pm

It's true that Mars and Fermi are made for each other. I however, imagine them more successful in something like travelling around small red state towns being the targets of hit and splash. Imagine, Ferm dressed like Lenin yelling "workers of the world, unite!!!" Who could resist paying 5 bucks for a chance to hit him from a pellet gun and drop him in a pool? Or Mars -- all dressed up in palestinian scarf with Koran and kalashnikov, iron fist being an old jihadi wound, yelling "Allah Akbar"? And if you miss, they lip lock in a passionate kiss of communist comrades a la Leonid Breznev and Erich Honecker. I think this show could be the next Klondike. You can televise it and sell to Fox viewers on pay per view. Once these guys are recognizable public images, you could sell some shooter video games with their participation as targets. Given the next recession is around the corner and i am looking for an investment in some small business, i am thinking of extending offers to these guys, actually.
Last edited by zerdna on August 20th, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frenchX

August 21st, 2011, 4:17 pm

Well it's also the election in France, Russia (for sure) and I think also in China and no so long after in Germany so there are a lot of space to present yourself

tagoma

August 21st, 2011, 4:58 pm

i hope farmer is not only planning to stand for election, but is to lead a revolution.here is the anthem i propose. ah my good old days ....
Last edited by tagoma on August 20th, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rmax

August 21st, 2011, 5:36 pm

The workers! Comrade. I knew you would see sense!

Fermion

August 21st, 2011, 6:10 pm

Freud would have a field day with the imaginative fantasies of Errrb and zerdna.

Marsden

August 21st, 2011, 6:29 pm

It's interesting what thoughts people can't escape: I haven't participated much in this forum in the last several weeks, yet tErrrd and zerdna are still thinking about me.And then there's that picture of Brezhnev and Honecker tongue-wrestling.It's funny these days how every serious economist -- including many whom sane people regard as conservative -- are bellowing that stimulus and not deficit reduction is what's needed, yet Congress and One-Term are sweating over deficit reduction. When Bill Gross is more worried about growth than deficits, that ought to serve as a clue.So anyway, Stephen, there's no need for you to lead anyone to your Nirvana of Stupidity: Congress and the President are already there.

zerdna

August 21st, 2011, 8:54 pm

Ya, man, you are long gone, but your expensive size 18 shoes are still stuck in everyone's subconscious here -- don't remember if Freud had shoe envy as one of the big deals, but he probably would, had he met you. Knowing you i was sure that you'd read my post, otherwise i would never mention your name in vain.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On