Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Traden4Alpha

has my time come, to lead the workers and the disenfranchised, down a shining path to economic freedom?

August 29th, 2011, 10:12 am

the chinese for pet is <<dinner>>

ppauper

has my time come, to lead the workers and the disenfranchised, down a shining path to economic freedom?

August 29th, 2011, 10:37 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4Alphathe chinese for pet is <<dinner>>lol, and that's been discussed in the china (and korea) threads before

Traden4Alpha

August 29th, 2011, 10:56 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4Alphathe chinese for pet is <<dinner>>lol, and that's been discussed in the china (and korea) threads beforeIndeed! The Chinese seem to have a very different relationship to the natural world that seems more pragmatic than the Western outlook.I wonder if the Chinese think that raising (but not eating) animals is wasteful?

farmer
Topic Author

August 29th, 2011, 1:13 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4Alpha14) animal companion reformYes, gay people should have the same marriage rights as everyone else.Ppauper, are you a homophobe? Do you agree that gay people should get a free puppy?16) Taxing corporations that do reckless and harmful damage to the plastosphere:

farmer
Topic Author

August 29th, 2011, 1:25 pm

For CrashedMint:15) New presidential powers to fix things, and get things done, without being bothered by an obstructionist or disagreeable Congress!

ppauper

August 29th, 2011, 4:05 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4Alpha14) animal companion reformYes, gay people should have the same marriage rights as everyone else.Ppauper, are you a homophobe? Do you agree that gay people should get a free puppy?I'd go as far as offering them a full grown pitbullQuote16) Taxing corporations that do reckless and harmful damage to the plastosphere:

ppauper

August 29th, 2011, 4:10 pm

I came across an example of how government should work.When criminals have served their time, instead of spitting them out like a half-chewed stick of gum, the state of Illinois has been offering them jobs.Think of it as a helping hand or a leg up

trackstar

August 29th, 2011, 4:20 pm

Maybe the ex-cons should get free puppies too.But for the best fit, should they be Pit Bulls or Pomeranians? or It's a tough call.
Last edited by trackstar on August 28th, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farmer
Topic Author

August 31st, 2011, 11:33 am

18) A free house for anyone who lied on his mortgage application.

Traden4Alpha

August 31st, 2011, 11:50 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmer18) A free house for anyone who lied on his mortgage application.Sorry! That's been done already.

farmer
Topic Author

August 31st, 2011, 2:55 pm

17) A new "pink energy" initiative - powering homes and businesses off the love created by support for breast-cancer survivors.

Traden4Alpha

August 31st, 2011, 3:03 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmer17) A new "pink energy" initiative - powering homes and businesses off the love created by support for breast-cancer survivors.No doubt these homes will be wired with pink ribbon cable.

farmer
Topic Author

September 5th, 2011, 4:55 pm

I have some prepared remarks to address any assembled multitudes:QuoteWe got to keep an eye on the battle that we face: The war on workers. And you see it everywhere, it is the Tea Party. And you know, there is only one way to beat and win that war. The one thing about working people is we like a good fight. And you know what? They've got a war, they got a war with us and there's only going to be one winner. It's going to be the workers of the world. We're going to win that war. We are an army. We are ready to march. Let's take these son of bitches out and give America and the world back to an America where we belong.

zerdna

September 5th, 2011, 10:16 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerI have some prepared remarks to address any assembled multitudes:QuoteWe got to keep an eye on the battle that we face: The war on workers. And you see it everywhere, it is the Tea Party. And you know, there is only one way to beat and win that war. The one thing about working people is we like a good fight. And you know what? They've got a war, they got a war with us and there's only going to be one winner. It's going to be the workers of the world. We're going to win that war. We are an army. We are ready to march. Let's take these son of bitches out and give America and the world back to an America where we belong.Hopefully the Great Helmsman of America will announce a few trillion stimulus in a couple of days, so his and Jimmy Hoffa armies can busy themselves with something useful, like maybe a tunnel from from Washington to North Pole to send some supersonic train down there, in case polar bears ever suffer emotional problems. Someone needs to tell Jimmy Hoffa that eskimos are really into tea, maybe he and Obama will march their armies into this last war.I have no problem with union existence for collective bargaining or whatever, but i was never able to figure out how in a country that says that every man is equal in the eyes of the law, there could exist some group that has by law monopoly on doing vast number of jobs, blocking anyone who is not a group member from doing them.