SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

 
User avatar
Paul
Posts: 7770
Joined: July 20th, 2001, 3:28 pm

Re: The Best of Europe

August 6th, 2017, 6:11 pm

The EU is supposed to guarantee standards. Even if you never export to another country you have to abide by their rules. Of course, Belgium being the beating heart of the EU (or the stone under which creepy eurocrats crawl, depending on your point of view) ought to be the standard bearer (or law flouting of typical Leftists, depending on...).

And the failure to pass on information concerning safety is very reminiscent of the failure to pass on information about terrorists not so long ago. 
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 53050
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: The Best of Europe

August 6th, 2017, 9:06 pm

We Europeans have no time for this at the moment because we are on the beach. October is better.
BTW after BREXIT buy Irish beef, not US, Brazil, India etc. Irish sirloin and T-bones is excellent!


 the failure to pass on information 
Don't get me started. e.g. Omagh 1998.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com

"Science is what you know, Philosophy is what you don't know" Bertrand Russell.
 
User avatar
Traden4Alpha
Posts: 22853
Joined: September 20th, 2002, 8:30 pm

Re: The Best of Europe

August 6th, 2017, 10:45 pm

Cuchulainn wrote:
We Europeans have no time for this at the moment because we are on the beach. October is better.
BTW after BREXIT buy Irish beef, not US, Brazil, India etc. Irish sirloin and T-bones is excellent!


 the failure to pass on information 
Don't get me started. e.g. Omagh 1998.
Irish beef?

Is that from Irish cows like these:
Image
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 53050
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: The Best of Europe

August 6th, 2017, 10:59 pm

Traden4Alpha wrote:
Cuchulainn wrote:
We Europeans have no time for this at the moment because we are on the beach. October is better.
BTW after BREXIT buy Irish beef, not US, Brazil, India etc. Irish sirloin and T-bones is excellent!


 the failure to pass on information 
Don't get me started. e.g. Omagh 1998.

Irish beef?

Is that from Irish cows like these:
Image

Try it, you'll like it.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com

"Science is what you know, Philosophy is what you don't know" Bertrand Russell.
 
User avatar
Traden4Alpha
Posts: 22853
Joined: September 20th, 2002, 8:30 pm

Re: The Best of Europe

August 6th, 2017, 11:00 pm

Cuchulainn wrote:
Traden4Alpha wrote:
Cuchulainn wrote:
We Europeans have no time for this at the moment because we are on the beach. October is better.
BTW after BREXIT buy Irish beef, not US, Brazil, India etc. Irish sirloin and T-bones is excellent!


 the failure to pass on information 
Don't get me started. e.g. Omagh 1998.

Irish beef?

Is that from Irish cows like these:
Image

Try it, you'll like it.

I have and I did.
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 53050
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: The Best of Europe

August 7th, 2017, 9:18 am

Traden4Alpha wrote:
Cuchulainn wrote:
Traden4Alpha wrote:
Irish beef?

Is that from Irish cows like these:
Image

Try it, you'll like it.

I have and I did.

Nay? Just kidding.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com

"Science is what you know, Philosophy is what you don't know" Bertrand Russell.
 
User avatar
Traden4Alpha
Posts: 22853
Joined: September 20th, 2002, 8:30 pm

Re: The Best of Europe

August 7th, 2017, 11:14 am

Cuchulainn wrote:
Traden4Alpha wrote:
Cuchulainn wrote:
Try it, you'll like it.

I have and I did.

Nay? Just kidding.

Those a tasty, too.
Image
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 64572
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: The Best of Europe

August 19th, 2017, 11:21 pm

 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 64572
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: The Best of Europe

October 21st, 2017, 10:08 am

 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 64572
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: The Best of Europe

October 29th, 2017, 6:59 am

Pope decries low birth rates in Europe
he may have come to his senses
Unless something changes, Europe as we know it will cease to exist
 
User avatar
ISayMoo
Posts: 301
Joined: September 30th, 2015, 8:30 pm

Re: The Best of Europe

October 29th, 2017, 10:31 am

Europe always absorbed immigrants. That's what defined it.
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 53050
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: The Best of Europe

October 29th, 2017, 5:03 pm

ISayMoo wrote:
Europe always absorbed immigrants. That's what defined it.

For example, Ireland (and Britain) was overrun by Celtic tribes more than 4000 years ago. It signalled the end of megalithic man.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com

"Science is what you know, Philosophy is what you don't know" Bertrand Russell.
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 64572
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: The Best of Europe

October 29th, 2017, 6:30 pm

Cuchulainn wrote:
ISayMoo wrote:
Europe always absorbed immigrants. That's what defined it.

For example, Ireland (and Britain) was overrun by Celtic tribes more than 4000 years ago. It signalled the end of megalithic man.

indeed, and Ireland as we knew it ceased to exist, because the immigrants absorbed Ireland rather than Ireland absorbing the immigrants
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 53050
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: The Best of Europe

October 29th, 2017, 6:34 pm

ppauper wrote:
Cuchulainn wrote:
ISayMoo wrote:
Europe always absorbed immigrants. That's what defined it.

For example, Ireland (and Britain) was overrun by Celtic tribes more than 4000 years ago. It signalled the end of megalithic man.

indeed, and Ireland as we knew it ceased to exist, because the immigrants absorbed Ireland rather than Ireland absorbing the immigrants

Have to move with the times. 
It would have been very difficult for Geronimo to assimilate the voracious hordes from Europe.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com

"Science is what you know, Philosophy is what you don't know" Bertrand Russell.
 
User avatar
ISayMoo
Posts: 301
Joined: September 30th, 2015, 8:30 pm

Re: The Best of Europe

October 29th, 2017, 6:42 pm

ppauper wrote:
Cuchulainn wrote:
ISayMoo wrote:
Europe always absorbed immigrants. That's what defined it.

For example, Ireland (and Britain) was overrun by Celtic tribes more than 4000 years ago. It signalled the end of megalithic man.

indeed, and Ireland as we knew it ceased to exist, because the immigrants absorbed Ireland rather than Ireland absorbing the immigrants

Usually the tribes merge. It is rare for the newcomers to wipe out the original inhabitants.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...


JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...