SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Cuchulainn

Re: got milk ?

April 1st, 2017, 7:55 pm

Actually, milkImage is useless, "witte sloper" == white grim reaper.

Cuchulainn

April 1st, 2017, 8:07 pm

And people who eat yoghurt tend to have a wood burner in the front living room, in the big cities.

ppauper
Topic Author

May 25th, 2018, 4:47 pm

Cockroach Milk? Experts Call Insect Dairy The Next Superfood
gross
besides which, how the heck do they milk a cockroach? what size milking stool do they use?

ppauper
Topic Author

October 23rd, 2018, 6:33 am

ppauper
Topic Author

December 8th, 2018, 7:28 am

if white milk is a symbol of white supremacy, the way to combat white supremacy is to drink chocolate milk
Schools bring back chocolate milk as Michelle O lunch rules eased
When former first lady Michelle Obama’s strict limitations on school lunches went into effect, students across the country dumped the unappetizing offerings in the garbage, a debacle that cost taxpayers billions in wasted food and lunchroom sales.
(snip)
The move is based on the obvious reality that healthy lunches don’t benefit kids if they won’t eat them.
“If kids are not eating what is being served, they are not benefiting, and food is being wasted,” Perdue said.
He seems to understand that parents are far more in tune with their children’s dietary needs than bureaucrats in Washington, D.C
I think we all remember incidents like this, second-grader says michelle obama ruined taco tuesday

bearish

December 8th, 2018, 12:29 pm

if white milk is a symbol of white supremacy, the way to combat white supremacy is to drink chocolate milk
Schools bring back chocolate milk as Michelle O lunch rules eased
When former first lady Michelle Obama’s strict limitations on school lunches went into effect, students across the country dumped the unappetizing offerings in the garbage, a debacle that cost taxpayers billions in wasted food and lunchroom sales.
(snip)
The move is based on the obvious reality that healthy lunches don’t benefit kids if they won’t eat them.
“If kids are not eating what is being served, they are not benefiting, and food is being wasted,” Perdue said.
He seems to understand that parents are far more in tune with their children’s dietary needs than bureaucrats in Washington, D.C
I think we all remember incidents like this, second-grader says michelle obama ruined taco tuesday
It just oozes religious anti-science: “parents are far more in tune with their children’s dietary needs than bureaucrats in Washington, D.C.” Of course, the same cast of misfits are also hard at work to eliminate public schools.

Cuchulainn

December 8th, 2018, 12:35 pm

milk the future
I haven't drunk milk since ages. I suspect it is useless for humans.

ppauper
Topic Author

December 8th, 2018, 12:47 pm

milk the future
you're becoming vegan?
maybe kata can set you up with (what's the preferred alternative?) almond/rice/soy milk

I bought one of the alternative milks exactly once, can't even remember which one it was, put it in my coffee, whereupon it curdled, and I never bought it again

Cuchulainn

December 9th, 2018, 1:11 pm

milk the future
milk, the future

?

Cuchulainn

December 9th, 2018, 1:14 pm

milk the future
you're becoming vegan?
maybe kata can set you up with (what's the preferred alternative?) almond/rice/soy milk

I bought one of the alternative milks exactly once, can't even remember which one it was, put it in my coffee, whereupon it curdled, and I never bought it again
We have effectively stopped eating meat.

Alan

December 9th, 2018, 5:27 pm

I love milk -- it is the drink of the gods (along with beer).

Also, it's a sign of having an up-to-date set of genes:  :D

Wikipedia cites a mutation from about 10,000 years ago. A relatively recent article in Nature suggests only about 10% of Bronze Age Eurasians (3000-1000 BC) had lactose tolerance: article from Nature:

... We also demonstrate that light skin pigmentation in Europeans was already present at high frequency in the Bronze Age, but not lactose tolerance, indicating a more recent onset of positive selection on lactose tolerance than previously thought.

It's easy to see how the white supremacists latched onto this topic:
Chart: lactose intolerance around the world:

Cuchulainn

December 9th, 2018, 9:45 pm

Careful..

The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence. 
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On