SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

farmer

Mitt Romney will be the G

September 18th, 2012, 8:33 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: EscapeArtist999where is this delightful building?Chicago.

EscapeArtist999

September 18th, 2012, 8:38 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerQuoteOriginally posted by: EscapeArtist999where is this delightful building?Chicago.Contemporary photo? I guess these must be the infamous Caprini-Green projects (as featured in Candyman, amoungst other movies)
Last edited by EscapeArtist999 on September 17th, 2012, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrashedMint

September 18th, 2012, 8:44 am

Last edited by CrashedMint on September 17th, 2012, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrashedMint

September 18th, 2012, 8:45 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerIf Obama wins, it will be a bittersweet victory for his supporters who end up collecting their free rusty-scalpel healthcare while living in this egg carton:This may be the natural state of human beings, so I cannot say I particularly care if they all die of tuberculosis.Yeah! Time travel. There's nothing Obama can't do.

farmer

September 18th, 2012, 8:55 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CrashedMintYeah! Time travel. There's nothing Obama can't do.I was pretty impressed when he implemented the economic policies of the 1930's and bragged about it.

CrashedMint

September 18th, 2012, 9:07 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerQuoteOriginally posted by: CrashedMintYeah! Time travel. There's nothing Obama can't do.I was pretty impressed when he implemented the economic policies of the 1930's and bragged about it.And now it's back to the future.QuoteSheryl Harris, a voluble 52-year-old with a Virginia drawl, voted twice for George W. Bush. Raised Baptist, she is convinced -- despite all evidence to the contrary -- that President Barack Obama, a practicing Christian, is Muslim. So in this year's presidential election, will she support Mitt Romney? Not a chance. "Romney's going to help the upper class," said Harris, who earns $28,000 a year as activities director of a Lynchburg senior center. "He doesn't know everyday people, except maybe the person who cleans his house." She'll vote for Obama, she said: "At least he wasn't brought up filthy rich." Reuters

EscapeArtist999

September 18th, 2012, 9:15 am

QuoteQuoteSheryl Harris, a voluble 52-year-old with a Virginia drawl, voted twice for George W. Bush. Raised Baptist, she is convinced -- despite all evidence to the contrary -- that President Barack Obama, a practicing Christian, is Muslim. So in this year's presidential election, will she support Mitt Romney? Not a chance. "Romney's going to help the upper class," said Harris, who earns $28,000 a year as activities director of a Lynchburg senior center. "He doesn't know everyday people, except maybe the person who cleans his house." She'll vote for Obama, she said: "At least he wasn't brought up filthy rich." ReutersI wonder what an activities director of a Lynchburg senior center actually does? Do you think she has short hours? Say 10-15 per week - it's be an okay deal then. Much as I don't like romney (who I believe was not brought up filthy rich) Obama is just as bad - in some sense worse, for all his pandering about the common man, he's an elitist - at least with romeny you know apriori he's a selfish elitist, he doesn't hide it. Honestly a great country like the USA deserves a higher quality person than Romney or Obama

farmer

September 18th, 2012, 9:35 am

QuoteSheryl Harris, a voluble 52-year-old with a Virginia drawl, voted twice for George W. Bush. Raised Baptist, she is convinced -- despite all evidence to the contrary -- that President Barack Obama, a practicing Christian, is Muslim. So in this year's presidential election, will she support Mitt Romney? Not a chance. "Romney's going to help the upper class," said Harris, who earns $28,000 a year as activities director of a Lynchburg senior center. "He doesn't know everyday people, except maybe the person who cleans his house." She'll vote for Obama, she said: "At least he wasn't brought up filthy rich." ReutersThis is a ridiculous article. As surely as dogs bite men and not the other way around, people who live on cushy government cash - such as those who get paid $28,000 plus benefits to pass out bouncy balls three hours a day at a "senior center" - will vote for Obama. This includes black people who are more religiously Christian than most. As to whom she voted for in the past, that is ridiculous speculation, since nobody asked her whom she was supporting when Bush was actually running. And "all the evidence" is that Obama is an atheist. But that is okay, young people are allowed to write articles too.

hayes

September 18th, 2012, 9:56 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: EscapeArtist999Honestly a great country like the USA deserves a higher quality person than Romney or ObamaBased on the degree of polarisation in US politics, where "Moderate" is considered an insult, and based on the behaviour of the left and right over the last decade, I'd say that they have the candidates they well and truly deserve.

hayes

September 18th, 2012, 10:03 am

Is it too late to change your mind about this guy?.......

farmer

September 18th, 2012, 10:13 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: EscapeArtist999the USA deserves a higher quality person than Romney or ObamaThat evil Romney, he engaged in production. For profit.

EscapeArtist999

September 18th, 2012, 10:17 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerQuoteOriginally posted by: EscapeArtist999the USA deserves a higher quality person than Romney or ObamaThat evil Romney, he engaged in production. For profit.Yawn.

daveangel

September 18th, 2012, 10:28 am

Quote Based on the degree of polarisation in US politics, where "Moderate" is considered an insult, and based on the behaviour of the left and right over the last decade, I'd say that they have the candidates they well and truly deserve. Difficult to rationalise that anyone really deserves Romney. Except for Mrs. Romney
Last edited by daveangel on September 17th, 2012, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers

Anomanderis

September 18th, 2012, 10:41 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerQuoteOriginally posted by: EscapeArtist999the USA deserves a higher quality person than Romney or ObamaThat evil Romney, he engaged in production. For profit.If I drove a stake into your head, and sell your brains as catfood, I'd also be engaged in production. For profit.Though in your case, I'd end up in the red when the cat owners sue me for selling them toxic catfood.
Last edited by Anomanderis on September 17th, 2012, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EscapeArtist999

September 18th, 2012, 10:50 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: AnomanderisQuoteOriginally posted by: farmerQuoteOriginally posted by: EscapeArtist999the USA deserves a higher quality person than Romney or ObamaThat evil Romney, he engaged in production. For profit.If I drove a stake into your head, and sell your brains as catfood, I'd also be engaged in production. For profit.Though in your case, I'd end up in the red when the cat owners sue me for selling them toxic catfood.luckily it would only really be enough for one (small) cat.That all being said, it's wrong to ganag up on farmer (whether he's right or wrong) - who's gonna take his corner?
Last edited by EscapeArtist999 on September 17th, 2012, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On