SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Traden4Alpha

Cats and their "gifts"

February 13th, 2012, 9:26 pm

You can always let the crows organize a good cat fight:

Powerpuff

Cats and their "gifts"

February 13th, 2012, 9:31 pm

Last edited by Powerpuff on February 12th, 2012, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trackstar

Cats and their "gifts"

February 13th, 2012, 9:59 pm

I think some of you are not taking hayes' question seriously enough. Some of us truly love cats and forgive them for their shortcomings.However, I love chipmunks too and it breaks my heart when I find one dazed and confused in the yard.I have had pretty good success bringing them back from the River Styx though - and they go shooting off into the woods once they "wake up!""Your cats have their freedom, but I have rights too, you know."
Last edited by trackstar on February 12th, 2012, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ppauper

Cats and their "gifts"

February 14th, 2012, 8:59 am

not this kind of "gift" ?

ppauper

Cats and their "gifts"

February 14th, 2012, 9:00 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarI think some of you are not taking hayes' question seriously enough. Some of us truly love cats and forgive them for their shortcomings.However, I love chipmunks too and it breaks my heart when I find one dazed and confused in the yard.I have had pretty good success bringing them back from the River Styx though - and they go shooting off into the woods once they "wake up!""Your cats have their freedom, but I have rights too, you know."I too love chipmunks.Many years ago, the big story in our local paper one day was that a white chipmunk had been spotted in someone's backyard

hayes
Topic Author

Cats and their "gifts"

February 14th, 2012, 9:57 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarI think some of you are not taking hayes' question seriously enough. Nope, I'm delighted by the mixture of responses and loved the hedgehog portal part. There's no point posting in off-topic and then complaining when it goes off-topic.....It's a tricky issue and like most things there's no straight forward answer, I appreciate all the serious (and not so serious) responses.

rmax

Cats and their "gifts"

February 14th, 2012, 10:05 am

Cats and horses defecate everwhere. Dog owners have to pick it up in a plastic bag. Go figure.

ExSan

Cats and their "gifts"

February 14th, 2012, 10:38 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: rmaxCats and horses defecate everwhere. Dog owners have to pick it up in a plastic bag. Go figure.cats love their homesdogs love their owners

Cuchulainn

Cats and their "gifts"

February 14th, 2012, 10:43 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: rmaxCats and horses defecate everwhere. Dog owners have to pick it up in a plastic bag. Go figure.Don't allow the horses in the house, maybe the balcony or near the rose bushes.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on February 13th, 2012, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Step over the gap, not into it. Watch the space between platform and train.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

tagoma

Cats and their "gifts"

February 14th, 2012, 11:16 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: rmaxCats and horses defecate everwhere. Dog owners have to pick it up in a plastic bag. Go figure.Don't allow the horses in the house, maybe the balcony or near the rose bushes.one may wish to preserve the original scent of roses today as it is Valentine's day

ppauper

Cats and their "gifts"

February 14th, 2012, 11:43 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanQuoteOriginally posted by: rmaxCats and horses defecate everwhere. Dog owners have to pick it up in a plastic bag. Go figure.cats love their homesdogs love their ownersI thought some cities were going to make horses wear diapers (the horses that give those horse-drawn carriage rides in places like NYC)

rmax

Cats and their "gifts"

February 14th, 2012, 12:07 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanQuoteOriginally posted by: rmaxCats and horses defecate everwhere. Dog owners have to pick it up in a plastic bag. Go figure.cats love their homesdogs love their ownersSpoken like a typical cat owner (I don't own a dog either). Cat owners say that their cat is very clean and doesn't defecate except in a litter tray sometimes. THAT IS BECAUSE IT IS SHITING IN MY GARDEN.

trackstar

Cats and their "gifts"

February 14th, 2012, 12:26 pm

Cats are subtle with their love; it is a gaze, with slow blinking eyes, or a brush of their tail across your hand when you are on your laptop and they pass by to visit you.Dogs just go all out all the time - bark bark bark jump jump jump.Which form of love you prefer says alot about you. It also helps if you speak cat language fluently; that takes time, but is very rewarding.
Last edited by trackstar on February 13th, 2012, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rmax

Cats and their "gifts"

February 14th, 2012, 12:36 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarCats are subtle with their love; it is a gaze, with slow blinking eyes, or a brush of their tail across your hand when you are on your laptop and they pass by to visit you.Dogs just go all out all the time - bark bark bark jump jump jump.Which form of love you prefer says alot about you. It also helps if you speak cat language fluently; that takes time, but is very rewarding.We have a comic in the UK (Jack Dee), who delivers everything with a very deadpan expression. He sums it up best. Below is my paraphrase:When you put up a shelf, dogs look at you up the ladder and are thinking: I don't what you are doing, but I do love you. You are very clever. I do love you.When you put up a shelf, cats look at you up the ladder and are thinking: You are doing that wrong. Jesus man, use a spirit level. Oh now, you have gone and forgetten the screwdriver, idiot. Now what are you trying to do?

trackstar

Cats and their "gifts"

February 14th, 2012, 12:51 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: rmaxWe have a comic in the UK (Jack Dee), who delivers everything with a very deadpan expression. He sums it up best. Below is my paraphrase:When you put up a shelf, dogs look at you up the ladder and are thinking: I don't what you are doing, but I do love you. You are very clever. I do love you.When you put up a shelf, cats look at you up the ladder and are thinking: You are doing that wrong. Jesus man, use a spirit level. Oh now, you have gone and forgetten the screwdriver, idiot. Now what are you trying to do?Haha.The cat is also thinking: If you put that up at just the right height, I will be able to sit up there and observe you from higher ground.If I am doing things in the yard, sometimes my cats will follow me around and other times they will go and sit on the garage roof to oversee the work from a superior vantage point.
Last edited by trackstar on February 13th, 2012, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On