Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

farmer
Topic Author

kids are punks, some have to get shot to keep the rest sane

July 11th, 2012, 11:14 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: traderjoe1976Shower with Dial brand anti-bacterial soap. Immediately apply a thick layer of Gold Bond Extra Strength medicated body powder all over the body especially in the stinky areas.My girl goes even a step further. First she soaks in bleach for 20 minutes to kill all the bug eggs. Then she sprays her whole body with Combat One-Shot brand roach killer, and rubs it in with paraffin so that it doesn't sweat off during the night.

trackstar

July 11th, 2012, 1:22 pm

I do not buy into this scentless, modern sterility.Real Men should smell like newly mown hay, fresh cut lumber, or the ocean.They should sweat too - sweat beading up on a tanned, muscular body is very sexy. Well, maybe the tan is optional. Too much cologne is a big turn off, along with large gold chains and shirts unbuttoned to the navel.Good scents for men are subtle and woodsy - a light musk is good, or sandalwood from the Whole Foods market.I think Calvin Klein Obsession might also be good, but I will have to check at the department store.Just a little behind the ears or along the neck is fine.Do not douse yourself in it and remember if you apply cologne and then go on a hike with your lady love, the bugs from miles around will find both of you.Men, please feel free to weigh in on women's perfume. Some seem too floral for me, but I suppose that is better than skunky or feline.
Last edited by trackstar on July 10th, 2012, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Traden4Alpha

July 11th, 2012, 1:35 pm

Most women's perfume smells like bug spray to me and the current trend in scented detergents and drier sheets makes me think I've walked past a laundromat when some people walk by.People (of all genders) shouldn't be walking odor plumes.

trackstar

July 11th, 2012, 1:39 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunFor woman I like the original Dune, and Tresor.Interesting. I will check them out.Usually if I wear any perfume it is a light splash of one of the Estée Lauder fragrances - White Linen is very nice and so is Pleasures.I have a few others - Shalimar is stronger, but a nice exotic blend for nighttime.For men I forgot to add Polo by Ralph Lauren.Very lightly though, and all of this depends on your own chemistry with the scent.Pleasant musk on one man could be downright funk on another.

trackstar

July 11th, 2012, 1:43 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaMost women's perfume smells like bug spray to me and the current trend in scented detergents and drier sheets makes me think I've walked past a laundromat when some people walk by.People (of all genders) shouldn't be walking odor plumes.I was on an escalator behind a woman in Nordstroms recently and again it is the Law of Just Enough.The scent was nice, but she must have applied it with a paint brush.Even delicate flowers can be overpowering in large quantities...

tags

July 11th, 2012, 1:51 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerQuoteOriginally posted by: traderjoe1976Shower with Dial brand anti-bacterial soap. Immediately apply a thick layer of Gold Bond Extra Strength medicated body powder all over the body especially in the stinky areas.My girl goes even a step further. First she soaks in bleach for 20 minutes to kill all the bug eggs. Then she sprays her whole body with Combat One-Shot brand roach killer, and rubs it in with paraffin so that it doesn't sweat off during the night.you sound like the guy in Man Vs. Wild

traderjoe1976

July 11th, 2012, 2:09 pm

I hate it when people come directly from the office to the Gym in the evening and start exercising. They stink like crazy and don't seem to realize that other people have to exercise next to them for an hour and deal with that stink. Is it too much to ask for a mandatory 10-minute shower before anyone is allowed to enter the Gym.

farmer
Topic Author

July 16th, 2012, 7:56 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerI was there that night and I can tell you what I saw. Zimmerman was on his knees in the grass with his pants down sodomizing Trayvon. Zimmerman was saying "I want to hear you shout it bitch, say 'help me.' Come on, say it, help me, help me."I knew the truth would eventually come out to corroborate my version of events. Zimmerman has a thing for teenagers.QuoteThe woman told investigators during a taped interview that the last time Zimmerman molested her she was 16 and Zimmerman, a new high school graduate at the time aged about 18, was temporarily living alone in a house his parents had just purchased in Lake Mary, Florida.
Last edited by farmer on July 15th, 2012, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fermion

July 17th, 2012, 5:14 am

Quotefarmer:freedom makes dumb people smart Apparently this aphorism doesn't work for farmer.

farmer
Topic Author

July 17th, 2012, 2:03 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: FermionQuotefarmer:freedom makes dumb people smart Apparently this aphorism doesn't work for farmer.Just because I walked into a fire by mistake doesn't mean what everybody is saying that I was burned dumb.

Cuchulainn

February 9th, 2013, 3:36 pm

BIERMÖSLBLOSN Der Stolz von der Au source: Herr Exner.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on February 8th, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Positron

July 5th, 2013, 8:45 pm

The prosecution rests, I was wondering whether respectful members of this forum want to add something before the lawyer takes the stage.

farmer
Topic Author

July 8th, 2013, 1:53 pm

1) The prosecution has spent some time saying Zimmerman's head injuries were not serious, and they could have come from having his head smashed into concrete only one time. This seems perhaps tone deaf. The jury is six women. I think you could search a long time to find even one woman who is capable of viewing her skull smashed against concrete until it bleeds as nothing to overreact to. This could infect their general credibility.2) Many pundits commented how it is natural for Jeantel not to call the police, because black people are afraid of police after being slaves and subject to underprivelege due to racism. But she is only 18 years old and born in Haiti. So she has experience mainly black politicians and black police, and certainly not slavery.But these comments did help me understand some events in my own life. The two times I caught black people in Miami trying to break into my car, they took huge offense and threatened to injure me. In one case they were stopped by a police squad driving up and arresting them, in the other case I was over a block from my car when I shouted at them to stop. At the time, I thought violence was just a practical way to defend from anything I might do in response. But I understand now they were either a) angry at being profiled as criminals just because they were black (and trying to get inside my car), or b) accustomed to getting out of trouble by acting like they had been unfairly accused. So theirs was the emotional reaction of someone who had been treated unfairly.It was funny, yesterday I watched a black guy break into the Salvation Army donation distribution center, and steal a bicycle. Everything about the sequence of events from when he first came into view to the last moment he left was an exact enactment of the stereotype of black people which so many try to fight against. Of course I did not call thd police, it is not just black people.I used to live in a town where we had a black police chief, and a black sheriff who would answer "BLACK" when asked what is his favorite color. The sheriff recruits out of baptist congregations in midnight-black neighborhoods. I ended up with two of the same item when I only needed one, and started asking black people in the street if they wanted it. They practically ran and hid, so fearful were they of any activity that would even cause a sheriff's deputy to slow down his patrol car.
Last edited by farmer on July 7th, 2013, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

traderjoe1976

July 8th, 2013, 2:37 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: PositronThe prosecution rests, I was wondering whether respectful members of this forum want to add something before the lawyer takes the stage.I have been following the trial on CNN every evening. There is 0% chance of conviction on Second-Degree murder charges. They may get a conviction on charges of voluntary manslaughter or involuntary manslaughter charges. But that would be max 24-60 months and he has probably already served most of this time. He may only get probabtion.