SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

ppauper

Re: RIP

July 9th, 2018, 5:29 am

katastrofa wrote:
Thailand cave rescue: Ex-navy diver dies on oxygen supply mission
R.I.P.

When I heard about the boys' story I couldn't believe someone would be that irresponsible. I've completed a deep water diver course many years ago and even well prepared I would never venture with a group of children 4 km into a seasonally flooded cave.

indeed, let's hope the Thais get them out with no further loss of life.
I saw one story Elon Musk is building a ‘kid-sized submarine’ to rescue trapped soccer team
but hopefully they'll all be out long before elon musk has it built and shipped to thailand

Paul

July 9th, 2018, 5:39 am

katastrofa wrote:
R.I.P.

When I heard about the boys' story I couldn't believe someone would be that irresponsible. I've completed a deep water diver course many years ago and even well prepared I would never venture with a group of children 4 km into a seasonally flooded cave.

Yes, I haven’t heard anyone say what is going to happen to the boys’ coach after this is over. Arrested I would hope.

ppauper

July 12th, 2018, 6:36 am

ppauper wrote:
katastrofa wrote:
R.I.P.

indeed, let's hope the Thais get them out with no further loss of life.
I saw one story Elon Musk is building a ‘kid-sized submarine’ to rescue trapped soccer team
but hopefully they'll all be out long before elon musk has it built and shipped to thailand

Thai cave rescue: Elon Musk hits out at mission chief who turned down mini-submarine offer
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...