SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

ppauper

Re: RIP

August 28th, 2018, 2:14 pm

John McCain strikes me as everything that a politician should be - someone with experience in more than just politics and who tried to do the right thing. To sully anyone's name by accusing someone of being weak from being beaten and being forced to say something only goes to show the low caliber (generally) of political argument at the moment - there are few people that would withstand any torture for any prolonged length of time.[/size]
No one here has "sullied his name" by "accusing him of being weak from being beaten and being forced to say something"
What happened was cuch said, "They tortured him but did not break him," and I corrected him.

Whether I agree or disagree with them on the issues, I respect politicians who do what they say they will do.
We all applauded McCain in 2016 when he ran for reelection in 2016 on the slogan "leading the fight to stop obamacare" And in 2010, when he ran against a conservative primary opponent on the slogan "build the danged fence."

bearish

August 28th, 2018, 2:17 pm

So if you hadn’t sullied his name before, you are surely doing it now.

rmax

August 28th, 2018, 2:25 pm

John McCain strikes me as everything that a politician should be - someone with experience in more than just politics and who tried to do the right thing. To sully anyone's name by accusing someone of being weak from being beaten and being forced to say something only goes to show the low caliber (generally) of political argument at the moment - there are few people that would withstand any torture for any prolonged length of time.[/size]
No one here has "sullied his name" by "accusing him of being weak from being beaten and being forced to say something"
What happened was cuch said, "They tortured him but did not break him," and I corrected him.
Poops: chill. 
I was not referring to you (unless you are a politician). I was referring to the political class a whole. 

Cuchulainn

August 29th, 2018, 8:05 am

Poops: chill. 
I was not referring to you (unless you are a politician). I was referring to the political class a whole. 
ppauper is a man for all seasons. Maybe he will enter politics at some stage to add to his CV: ppauper the mathematician(my favourie), ppauper the arkologist , , ppauper the investigative journalist, wry grammarian. The list goes on and on.,  
He has been known to dabble in Canon Law.

Cuchulainn

August 29th, 2018, 10:11 am

Collector

August 29th, 2018, 8:41 pm

ppauper

August 29th, 2018, 8:56 pm

Collector

September 4th, 2018, 4:23 pm

Claire Wineland leaves at 21, after double lung transplant (I suspect would have lived longer without doctors help)

"A young US woman with cystic fibrosis who made a name for herself through writing, speaking and social media has died after receiving a lung transplant."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45405637

RIP

ppauper

September 4th, 2018, 4:53 pm

Claire Wineland leaves at 21, after double lung transplant (I suspect would have lived longer without doctors help)

"A young US woman with cystic fibrosis who made a name for herself through writing, speaking and social media has died after receiving a lung transplant."

RIP
Ms Wineland underwent a successful double lung transplant on 26 August, but suffered a stroke shortly afterwards.
their idea of "successful" is a little different to mine
RIP

Collector

September 4th, 2018, 4:58 pm

RIP
Ms Wineland underwent a successful double lung transplant on 26 August, but suffered a stroke shortly afterwards.
their idea of "successful" is a little different to mine
RIP
" over the past 3 decades the lifespan of CF patients has risen dramatically, and in 2006 the median survival in the United States was 37.5 years" (that is without "successful" lung transplant I guess (?).)

Cuchulainn

September 4th, 2018, 7:10 pm

Three quarks for Muster Mark!
Sure he has not got much of a bark
And sure any he has it’s all beside the mark.

Joyce himself apparently was thinking of a German word for a dairy product resembling cottage cheese; it is also used as a synonym for quatsch, meaning “trivial nonsense.”

ppauper

September 4th, 2018, 8:19 pm

Collector

September 6th, 2018, 3:12 pm

Last edited by Collector on September 6th, 2018, 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ppauper

September 6th, 2018, 3:14 pm

RIP

Cuchulainn

September 6th, 2018, 7:13 pm

RIP Burt Reynolds

deliverance at last
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On