Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

 
User avatar
tagoma
Topic Author
Posts: 18676
Joined: February 21st, 2010, 12:58 pm

Love and Marriage ... then strange things and divorce

April 8th, 2012, 9:53 pm

Tuna Again? In Fault-Finding England, It s a Cause for DivorceQuoteThe woman who sued for divorce because her husband insisted she dress in a Klingon costume and speak to him in Klingon. and other terrific cases ...
Last edited by tagoma on April 7th, 2012, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
trackstar
Posts: 27983
Joined: August 28th, 2008, 1:53 pm

Love and Marriage ... then strange things and divorce

April 9th, 2012, 2:15 am

Isn't marriage supposed to be a wonderful journey together?Why not try speaking Klingon for a few days - relax, have fun! These are good too:"In addition to the Klingon man, there was a woman who said her husband had not spoken to her for 15 years, communicating only by Post-it note."That is quite a good idea actually, especially if you have a forgetful spouse. I would prefer email though."And there was the man whose wife "would without justification flirt with any builder or tradesman, inappropriately touching them and declaring that she could not stop herself."" Ahem, there is one clear way to take care of that kind of problem.And finally, "One petition read: "The respondent insisted that his pet tarantula, Timmy, slept in a glass case next to the matrimonial bed," even though his wife requested "that Timmy sleep elsewhere.""Hehe. I would certainly object to taking "Timmy" *into* the matrimonial bed, but as long as there was a cloth covering the glass cage next to the bed at night, that would be ok. My only rule along those lines: No 30 foot Burmese Pythons in the main living areas please. I am afraid of snakes. A good compromise: hire some game keepers and have whatever kinds of pets you want outside.
Last edited by trackstar on April 8th, 2012, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The spectacle is not a collection of images, but a social relation among people, mediated by images. - Guy Debord
 
User avatar
traderjoe1976
Posts: 1544
Joined: May 19th, 2006, 9:50 am

Love and Marriage ... then strange things and divorce

April 9th, 2012, 9:02 am

They should make a marriage license like a drivers license. It has to be renewed every 5-8 years with the option of not renewing the license without any penalty like alimony, child support, etc. This is the only way that the institution of marriage can survive.
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 70239
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Love and Marriage ... then strange things and divorce

April 9th, 2012, 9:26 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarAnd finally, "One petition read: "The respondent insisted that his pet tarantula, Timmy, slept in a glass case next to the matrimonial bed," even though his wife requested "that Timmy sleep elsewhere.""and this came as a surprise to her ?these are the little things that need to be discussed before you get married
 
User avatar
Traden4Alpha
Posts: 23951
Joined: September 20th, 2002, 8:30 pm

Love and Marriage ... then strange things and divorce

April 17th, 2012, 12:48 am

I don't think this advice would work these days:
 
User avatar
zerdna
Posts: 3856
Joined: July 14th, 2002, 3:00 am

Love and Marriage ... then strange things and divorce

April 17th, 2012, 1:35 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: traderjoe1976They should make a marriage license like a drivers license. It has to be renewed every 5-8 years with the option of not renewing the license without any penalty like alimony, child support, etc. This is the only way that the institution of marriage can survive.Real problem with marriage is soon after entering this institution people leave meet market and their liquidity and marketability go notch by notch, like holes on the belt when you get too content and switch from going to the gym and chasing hot and mean chicks to chasing another beer, or schnitzel or an extra hour of TV, or dragging your feet to parent meeting/doctor/soccer/math class for lil Johnnie/Marie.Path for happiness here is opening another market. It could be "used spouse" market, just like used car market -- say you put a picture of you used overweight husband/wife with pictures front back and sideways in the used spouse section of the newspaper and there is some lost soul who'd take him/her off your hands and will pay some market price knowing fairly well that the paint is peeling and there are leaks once in a while and this baby might need some extra push to get its engine running. If you really want to get rid of a spouse pronto, you just contact a used spouse dealer -- maybe you get a discount on a new spouse for a trade in. Pretty soon, however, all this is going to be streamlined by cloning. You going to call a used spouse dealer and say,"hei dude, i am bringing back 3 year old version of 20 year old Scarlett Johanssen, i heard they reissued 19 year old Adriana Lima this spring -- make sure my clone knows how to swear properly in Russian and makes a good filet mignon too". Problem solved.
Last edited by zerdna on April 16th, 2012, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
trackstar
Posts: 27983
Joined: August 28th, 2008, 1:53 pm

Love and Marriage ... then strange things and divorce

April 17th, 2012, 3:35 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: zerdna...Path for happiness here is opening another market. ... If you really want to get rid of a spouse pronto, you just contact a used spouse dealer -- maybe you get a discount on a new spouse for a trade in. Pretty soon, however, all this is going to be streamlined by cloning. You going to call a used spouse dealer and say,"hei dude, i am bringing back 3 year old version of 20 year old Scarlett Johanssen, i heard they reissued 19 year old Adriana Lima this spring -- make sure my clone knows how to swear properly in Russian and makes a good filet mignon too". Problem solved.I have included some of your observations on desired traits here:Qualities of Good Wives and Husbands
Last edited by trackstar on April 16th, 2012, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The spectacle is not a collection of images, but a social relation among people, mediated by images. - Guy Debord
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 64661
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Drosophila melanogaster
Contact:

Love and Marriage ... then strange things and divorce

June 13th, 2012, 4:18 am

It's not you it's me! Tortoises end their 115 year 'marriage' after female starts attacking her male mate
Last edited by Cuchulainn on June 12th, 2012, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Compatibility means deliberately repeating other people's mistakes."
David Wheeler

http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl
 
User avatar
tagoma
Topic Author
Posts: 18676
Joined: February 21st, 2010, 12:58 pm

Love and Marriage ... then strange things and divorce

June 13th, 2012, 5:57 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnIt's not you it's me! Tortoises end their 115 year 'marriage' after female starts attacking her male matethat's sweet!
 
User avatar
ExSan
Posts: 4636
Joined: April 12th, 2003, 10:40 am

Love and Marriage ... then strange things and divorce

September 23rd, 2013, 12:30 pm

Sweetheart !QuoteGeorge Soros, the 83-year-old billionaire investor, got married for the third time on Saturday. In a modest New York ceremony, he wed 42-year-old education consultant Tamiko Bolton.Other guests included IMF chief Christine Lagarde, World Bank president Jim Yong Kim, Kofi Annan and New York governor Andrew Cuomo. Bono also attended.Soros established one of the first hedge funds in 1969 and famously made a mint betting against the British pound in 1992
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 64661
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Drosophila melanogaster
Contact:

Love and Marriage ... then strange things and divorce

September 23rd, 2013, 12:32 pm

QuoteBono also attended.LOL
"Compatibility means deliberately repeating other people's mistakes."
David Wheeler

http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl
 
User avatar
ExSan
Posts: 4636
Joined: April 12th, 2003, 10:40 am

Love and Marriage ... then strange things and divorce

September 23rd, 2013, 12:38 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanSweetheart !QuoteGeorge Soros, the 83-year-old billionaire investor, got married for the third time on Saturday. In a modest New York ceremony, he wed 42-year-old education consultant Tamiko Bolton.Other guests included IMF chief Christine Lagarde, World Bank president Jim Yong Kim, Kofi Annan and New York governor Andrew Cuomo. Bono also attended.Soros established one of the first hedge funds in 1969 and famously made a mint betting against the British pound in 1992QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteBono also attended.LOL I know you like Bono much more than Lenon
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 70239
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Love and Marriage ... then strange things and divorce

September 23rd, 2013, 1:14 pm

Saturday September 21, 2013 in the America Home of Bugs Bunny thread:QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperanyone make the Soros guest list ?
 
User avatar
tagoma
Topic Author
Posts: 18676
Joined: February 21st, 2010, 12:58 pm

Love and Marriage ... then strange things and divorce

September 23rd, 2013, 4:30 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanQuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanSweetheart !QuoteGeorge Soros, the 83-year-old billionaire investor, got married for the third time on Saturday. In a modest New York ceremony, he wed 42-year-old education consultant Tamiko Bolton.Other guests included IMF chief Christine Lagarde, World Bank president Jim Yong Kim, Kofi Annan and New York governor Andrew Cuomo. Bono also attended.Soros established one of the first hedge funds in 1969 and famously made a mint betting against the British pound in 1992QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteBono also attended.LOL I know you like Bono much more than Lenon Yoko Bono? What??