SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

hayes

what do you get on google for "no..."

May 11th, 2012, 6:56 am

google.co.uknorthern rocknot on the high streetnottingham universitynorovirusnothumbria universitynokianorthern railnottingham forestnovatechnotdopplerHow can we be sure that this isn't the first step of an elaborate ploy by Farmer to uncover everyone's IP addresses?

Cuchulainn

May 11th, 2012, 7:08 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: edouardQuoteOriginally posted by: Cuchulainnnitrix oxide no KIDDINGno Goddo you have an antivirus program installed on your machine? Nitric oxide has symbol 'NO'.

Traden4Alpha

May 13th, 2012, 5:41 pm

I get: noaanordstromnoodles and company (a locally-headquartered noodle franchise restaurant)noaa weatherLooking at the other's responses, I must nominate outrun as the uber geek of the group; now suspect farmer is potentially transgendered; and will recommend hand sanitizer to Hansi, daveangel and hayes.

hayes

May 14th, 2012, 10:06 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaI get: noaanordstromnoodles and company (a locally-headquartered noodle franchise restaurant)noaa weatherLooking at the other's responses, I must nominate outrun as the uber geek of the group; now suspect farmer is potentially transgendered; and will recommend hand sanitizer to Hansi, daveangel and hayes. Probably for the best, what with riding on those dirty Northern Rail trains while borrowing the Nokia from the Nottingham Forest supporter sitting next me so I can call the Northern Rock call center and increase my donation to Nothumbria University's Bio department for their cutting edge research into the norovirus. It's only a matter of time before I catch something nasty..... especially from the Nottingham Forest supporter.

DevonFangs

May 14th, 2012, 10:34 am

This is a very fun game.If I google "Why is" the fifth suggestion is "Why is my poop green" and I'm pretty sure I've never googled this before.

daveangel

May 14th, 2012, 10:45 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsIf I google "Why is" the fifth suggestion is "Why is my poop green" and I'm pretty sure I've never googled this before.thats what they all say but your ISP knows
Last edited by daveangel on May 13th, 2012, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers

DevonFangs

May 14th, 2012, 10:46 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsIf I google "Why is" the fifth suggestion is "Why is my poop green" and I'm pretty sure I've never googled this before.thats what they all say but your ISP knowsbe careful dude, you got norovirus, a virus which is transmitted by fecally contaminated food or water

daveangel

May 14th, 2012, 10:51 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsIf I google "Why is" the fifth suggestion is "Why is my poop green" and I'm pretty sure I've never googled this before.thats what they all say but your ISP knowsbe careful dude, you got norovirus, a virus which is transmitted by fecally contaminated food or wateramongst a number of other methods of transmission likeQuote The viruses are transmitted by fecally contaminated food or water, by person-to-person contact,[4] and via aerosolization of the virus and subsequent contamination of surfaces.[5]clearly, I have now googled norovirus !
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers

DevonFangs

May 14th, 2012, 10:54 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsIf I google "Why is" the fifth suggestion is "Why is my poop green" and I'm pretty sure I've never googled this before.thats what they all say but your ISP knowsbe careful dude, you got norovirus, a virus which is transmitted by fecally contaminated food or wateramongst a number of other methods of transmission likeand what are the causes of green poop instead?QuoteQuote The viruses are transmitted by fecally contaminated food or water, by person-to-person contact,[4] and via aerosolization of the virus and subsequent contamination of surfaces.[5]clearly, I have now googled norovirus !I appreciate you realize you've fallen into my nefarious trap
Last edited by DevonFangs on May 13th, 2012, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Traden4Alpha

May 14th, 2012, 12:25 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsQuoteQuote The viruses are transmitted by fecally contaminated food or water, by person-to-person contact,[4] and via aerosolization of the virus and subsequent contamination of surfaces.[5]clearly, I have now googled norovirus !I appreciate you realize you've fallen into my nefarious trap Were I Google, I'd sell one or two of those top suggested-search/auto-completion entries to the highest bidder.P.S. I searched norovirus and saw ZERO google ads but did learn that one should never store reusable grocery bags in the bathroom.
Last edited by Traden4Alpha on May 13th, 2012, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hayes

May 14th, 2012, 1:36 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsThis is a very fun game.If I google "Why is" the fifth suggestion is "Why is my poop green" and I'm pretty sure I've never googled this before.For me it was fourth. I'm not sure what it is about my geographical location which means I'm more likely to have green poop...... something in the water maybe?...... Seventh is "Why is my period late?" - Again, scary how accurate Google is. I've been waiting for nearly 30 years now and still nothing.

Traden4Alpha

May 14th, 2012, 8:55 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: hayesQuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsThis is a very fun game.If I google "Why is" the fifth suggestion is "Why is my poop green" and I'm pretty sure I've never googled this before.For me it was fourth. I'm not sure what it is about my geographical location which means I'm more likely to have green poop...... something in the water maybe?...... Seventh is "Why is my period late?" - Again, scary how accurate Google is. I've been waiting for nearly 30 years now and still nothing.LOL! "Why is my poop green" was fourth for me, too. Number five was "why are manhole covers round" which seems to continue on the poop theme in a vague way.

bearish

May 15th, 2012, 2:24 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: hayesQuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsThis is a very fun game.If I google "Why is" the fifth suggestion is "Why is my poop green" and I'm pretty sure I've never googled this before.For me it was fourth. I'm not sure what it is about my geographical location which means I'm more likely to have green poop...... something in the water maybe?...... Seventh is "Why is my period late?" - Again, scary how accurate Google is. I've been waiting for nearly 30 years now and still nothing.LOL! "Why is my poop green" was fourth for me, too. Number five was "why are manhole covers round" which seems to continue on the poop theme in a vague way.I got the manhole covers question really high up, too. It is a legendary McKinsey interview question from the late 80's/early 90's, and I specifically recall creating a physical model to convince a skeptical fellow quant that a triangular manhole cover would be susceptible to falling into the manhole (aside from its non-rollable quality). Needless to say, we had been drinking at the time...

ppauper

May 15th, 2012, 10:25 am

ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On