SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

mdubuque

girls, what is up with chasing girls?

March 9th, 2014, 3:24 am

Is there an implicit assumption here that all women are identical with respect to how they prefer to be courted, or "chased" to use your parlance?I'm simply not persuaded that Chinese girls are identical to Saudi girls are identical to Puerto Rican girls are identical to Yemeni girls are identical to Brazilian girls are identical to Pakistani girls are identical to Japanese girls are identical to Czech girls are identical to Gabonese girls are the same as Israeli girls are the same as English girls are the same as Thai girls are the same as Egyptian girls are the same as Sudanese girls are the same as Russian girls are the same as Mexican girls with respect to whether they like to be "chased".Additionally, is there an implicit assumption that all men "chase" in the exact same manner, i.e. a Puerto Rican man is exactly the same as an Englishman is exactly the same as an Italian man with respect to how they "chase" a woman?Taken together, those two assumptions seem to be unsupportable.QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerI have known some girl for like a year, been off and on with her. I have not given her that much energy, and sometimes I been kinda mean, because I know I am not her type. But she is sweet, though far from perfect, and I really would rather spend my energy on her, if there was any point to it. To me, it is a waste of time.But I have heard of this thing where guys "chase" girls. If a girl is not that into them on day one, they take some sort of action, and the girl ends up liking them better? It does not make any sense to me. Under what circumstances does this work? I have had girls in the past who dumped me and then decided they made a mistake, or girls who suddenly thought I was a little cooler because I got a bigger house or a shinier car. But other than that, if a girl is not that into you on day one, and she pretty much knows what there is to know about you, what can you change by "chasing" her? Are girls really attracted to persistence or devotion or something?If I could make myself her type by chasing her, I would. But it just seems silly to me. And yet you hear about guys actually doing this chasing thing. What is it, and what does it accomplish? Can a girl's mind really change what it is attracted to, short versus tall, loud versus quiet, funny versus serious? Or won't fat guys, for example, always be out of luck with a girl who likes skinny guys? I know fat guys chase girls, but do they get anywhere? Or do they just end up with a girl who is always cheating with a skinny guy out the back door?
Last edited by mdubuque on March 8th, 2014, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ppauper

March 9th, 2014, 12:58 pm

matthew: welcome back

mdubuque

March 9th, 2014, 2:09 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppaupermatthew: welcome backGrazi. Nice to see you again!

zerdna

March 9th, 2014, 2:28 pm

I think part of what goes into term of 'chasing' girls is a man, independently of culture or nationality having a clear understanding that when a girl says 'no' she doesn't always mean 'no'. Why she says 'no' is a different issue and it could be culturally justified in different ways. It's universally biologically justified by her having too few eggs to throw them around. Many times a girl would look at me and say, 'there is no way i am going to sleep with you tonight'. For a long time i would take it at face value and kind of wind down the heat and try to move to greener pastures. It was astonishing that practically in all of these cases she would do exactly what she said she wouldn't. Without much explanation. Now when someone tells me she wouldn't sleep with me tonight or that she doesn't do one night stands i take it as a clear sign that i have to take her home if i want to be considered a gentleman.
Last edited by zerdna on March 8th, 2014, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tagoma

March 9th, 2014, 2:32 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: zerdnaI think part of what goes into term of 'chasing' girls is a man, independently of culture or nationality having a clear understanding that when a girl says 'no' she doesn't always mean 'no'. Why she says 'no' is a different issue and it could be culturally justified in different ways. It's universally biologically justified by her having too few eggs to throw them around. Many times a girl would look at me and say, 'there is no way i am going to sleep with you tonight'. For a long time i would take it at face value and kind of wind down the heat and try to move to greener pastures. It was astonishing that practically in all of these cases she would do exactly what she said she wouldn't. Without much explanation. Now when someone tells me she wouldn't sleep with me tonight or that she doesn't do one night stands i take it as a clear sign that i have to take her home if i want to be considered a gentleman.you're my hero zerdna.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On