Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

mdubuque
Topic Author

WIENER, VON NEUMANN, KISSINGER AND SYRIA?

June 23rd, 2012, 3:21 am

So like the Syrians beShooting down that Turkish F-4 antiquated fighter plane zooming at LOW ALTITUDE AND HIGH SPEED directly towards the border air defences of Syria who shot it down as it passed them.How is that different from what Norbert Wiener's buddy Johnny von Neumann (and Wiener did NOT have many buddies!!) and Herman Kahn and Henry Kissinger sending those fleets of B-52 bombers directly at Soviet air defenses?Hmmm.Now they be lookin' for the pilot.Big pretext for war, we can dig it and some among us actually know what comes next?No, not me. I'm with the Bobby Inman fan Club group at the National Security Agency.And Bateson really spoke out against this taxpayer waste of taxpayer money promulgated by Kissinger and von Neumann and Curtis LeMay.

mdubuque
Topic Author

June 23rd, 2012, 3:22 am

ppauper

June 23rd, 2012, 7:54 am

if turkey wants to go to war with syria, that's fine but just leave the rest of us out of it.But I guess the NATO treaty may have just been invoked by syria attacking a turkish plane

ppauper

June 23rd, 2012, 8:17 am

as in an attack on 1 nato member is considered an attack on all

Anthis

June 23rd, 2012, 4:13 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunThe most likely explanation is that ground to air happened above Syrian ground making the incident having a Turkish cause. However, I hope they clean up that sadistic child torturer asap, it's unbearable to even watch what goes on in Syria on tv. The people there have a life without elementary rights. I don't understand how these negative power hierarchies can form and even take over. Analysising the dynamics of *that* would be a good PhD topic! As a former air force guy, the penetration of national air-space by an unidentified aircraft and the non compliance to FIR rules are acts of aggression. The country air force is responsible, and obliged too, to identify and intercept the aircraft. If the aircraft pilot doesnt comply, downing it, is a possible legitimate event. Moreover, the downed aircraft was a reconaissance aircraft, which makes me think that its mission was to take pictures and spy. This is another act of aggression. Consequently, no surprise it was shot down. On the other hand, such reconaissance missions, typically are carried out by a formation of aircrafts,typically two to six aircrafts, not a single one, so its a question what happened with the rest of the aircrafts in the original formation.

mdubuque
Topic Author

June 24th, 2012, 12:17 am

The goal wth Kissinger's and von Neumann's game theory forays with B-52 bombers flying low and at full speed directly towards Soviet air space is the same as the goal of the Turks here.It is to light up the radar systems as a prelude to an attack later against anti-aircraft batteries.Matt

mdubuque
Topic Author

June 24th, 2012, 12:17 am

The goal wth Kissinger's and von Neumann's game theory forays with B-52 bombers flying low and at full speed directly towards Soviet air space is the same as the goal of the Turks here.It is to light up the radar systems as a prelude to an attack later against anti-aircraft batteries.Matt

ppauper

June 24th, 2012, 12:57 pm

Turkey calls Nato meeting on warplane downed by Syriahere we go . . .

quantmeh

June 24th, 2012, 6:31 pm

KAL 007

ppauper

June 25th, 2012, 7:34 am

indeed, but a war against syria is a little more winnable than one against the USSR

gardener3

June 25th, 2012, 4:38 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperTurkey calls Nato meeting on warplane downed by Syriahere we go . . .This is bizarre. You call up Nato when faced with threat or aggression, not when you threaten or show aggression.

hayes

June 25th, 2012, 5:00 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: gardener3QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperTurkey calls Nato meeting on warplane downed by Syriahere we go . . .This is bizarre. You call up Nato when faced with threat or aggression, not when you threaten or show aggression.I guess they feel like having one of their planes shot down is a threatening act. Of course maybe they shouldn't have been where they were in the first place.....It's a symbolic act of unity rather than an act of declaring war, most of the key (larger) NATO members have made in clear they have no intention of becoming involved militarily yet. This is about backing up one of the smaller members.
Last edited by hayes on June 24th, 2012, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quantmeh

June 25th, 2012, 7:08 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: hayesIt's a symbolic act of unity rather than an act of declaring war, most of the key (larger) NATO members have made in clear they have no intention of becoming involved militarily yet. This is about backing up one of the smaller members.funny. Turkey's military's the biggest one in NATO in Europe.most likely they were testing Russian air defenses with US cooperation. surprisingly, the new air defense systems seems to work. i'm sure US military's puzzled, and is analyzing the data gathered.

Anthis

June 25th, 2012, 8:21 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: quantmehmost likely they were testing Russian air defenses with US cooperation. surprisingly, the new air defense systems seems to work. i'm sure US military's puzzled, and is analyzing the data gathered.I suspect the same. This story has lots of holes, from both sides, at least on what is officially let to be known in public.I also suspect that this story has extentions west to the Syrian coasts...Cyprus, Castellorizo, Crete.Today I dug out my old campaign uniform, just in case....