Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

farmer
Topic Author

herpes tests

July 11th, 2012, 11:48 am

Does anybody know the different ways to test for herpes and the scientific procedure involved? Yes, I want to develop herpes-testing technology.

farmer
Topic Author

herpes tests

July 11th, 2012, 11:50 am

I know some scientist can make this for me, but where do I advertise? Looking for bath-salts engineers to innovate new gray-market herpes-testing technology?

quantmeh

herpes tests

July 11th, 2012, 1:07 pm

no matter what you do, you have to double blind them to test

farmer
Topic Author

herpes tests

July 11th, 2012, 1:07 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunIf your clients have low herpes probability then you can pool them.Brilliant. Next?

EscapeArtist999

herpes tests

July 11th, 2012, 1:13 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunIf your clients have low herpes probability then you can pool them.Brilliant. Next?I realise that using computer science methods you can decrease the costs, but have you considered what happens when a disgruntled employee whistleblows on you?

quantmeh

herpes tests

July 11th, 2012, 1:35 pm

st method is as always to stick a probe into a studied region and wait a couple of days for reaction

tags

herpes tests

July 11th, 2012, 3:21 pm

Pharmaceutical companies sell kits to test HSV, eg Argene (Biomerieux) or Adaltis.I mean there is no innovation here. What would be your value added, from the commercial standpoint?
Last edited by tags on July 10th, 2012, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rmax

herpes tests

July 11th, 2012, 4:01 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunQuoteOriginally posted by: EscapeArtist999QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunIf your clients have low herpes probability then you can pool them.Brilliant. Next?I realise that using computer science methods you can decrease the costs, but have you considered what happens when a disgruntled employee whistleblows on you?There is nothing wrong with doing that, why can't you pool tests without doing them: it's just LZW compression of the test outcomes, the only thing you need to setup the business in an Excel sheet that calculates the optimal blending strategy.It is a good idea, but to do this I think you would have to ensure that the blood is of the same time, otherwise it will be like giving A+ blood to a B- person. You could do blood tests on each type, but if that is the case it is probably cheaper to do the test.

tags

herpes tests

July 12th, 2012, 9:47 pm

then, how is your research on herpes doing?

farmer
Topic Author

herpes tests

July 12th, 2012, 10:21 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: edouardthen, how is your research on herpes doing?I need some keywords, to get Google results from a scientific rather than retail perspective. I searched "herpes assay" and got a lead, and I am waiting for an email. All I need is a couple scientific keywords and then I can search correctly.Also, I am thinking of questionnaire: "Have you ever tested positive for herpes in the past?" This would limit my costs to labor. I can see a google ad now... "Tested positive for herpes? Get a second opinion! Same-day test, $25." And then I need some kind of sciencey looking way to deliver the result "you are positive." And then I can market them Abreva and such.Heck, fuck the tests. I can collect an Abreva direct-mail mail list with that ad.

tags

herpes tests

July 12th, 2012, 10:57 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: farmerQuoteOriginally posted by: edouardthen, how is your research on herpes doing?I need some keywords, to get Google results from a scientific rather than retail perspective. I searched "herpes assay" and got a lead, and I am waiting for an email. All I need is a couple scientific keywords and then I can search correctly.Also, I am thinking of questionnaire: "Have you ever tested positive for herpes in the past?" This would limit my costs to labor. I can see a google ad now... "Tested positive for herpes? Get a second opinion! Same-day test, $25." And then I need some kind of sciencey looking way to deliver the result "you are positive." And then I can market them Abreva and such.Heck, fuck the tests. I can collect an Abreva direct-mail mail list with that ad.How did you get interested in herpes?

Traden4Alpha

herpes tests

July 13th, 2012, 10:20 am

http://scholar.google.com/schhp?hl=enIf that doesn't get you the hits you want, then use the names of the researchers on some of the most cited papers.

tags

herpes tests

July 15th, 2012, 8:22 pm

I was searching on the ratio adjustment method as google had returned a text on herpes amongst its first results.HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS TYPE 2 IN THE UNITED STATES, 1976 TO 1994.Woaa! never before, I do mean NEVER before I had been returned any herpes-related text. I'm intrigued.