SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Cuchulainn

RIP

November 5th, 2014, 1:44 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: CollectorQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CollectorC, QuoteI can't make head nor tail of this one! Because it is information from the edge of the coin! (and not any coin)Over and over I told one not should exclude the very low (Well conditional is more correct. Find, or at least look careful for hidden conditions before you place your "bet" Sir!) probability of falling on the edge, or even coming silver spoon up. As long as you do not mix Codex Bobiensis (k) with Codex K. you are doing fine at this (early) point in time. Codex Bobiensis (k) Indeed! The price dynamics are a function of the rules but the rules are a function of the price dynamics. How should one play the game when the rules of the game state that one can change the rules of the game.Yes this point I think has got too little attention in modelling (and possibly understood too well by lawyers) (Sorry a bit off topic from this thread, but this is OT forum, so forgive me.).It's one thing to post on the Codex in the RIP thread but if you must please could you make your post more cogent and less tangential ?Yeah, start a new thread.BTW I don't know what Karlsen has to do with Zwartje.rambling posts; reminds me of Leopold Bloom

trackstar

RIP

November 5th, 2014, 2:00 pm

Where are your manners? How about, "Welcome back; it has been a long time. Would you care for some tea and scones?"But you boys have your own special ways, akin to rugby, judo, swimming in ice holes, and drinking beer. So I guess Emily Post will let it ride - off to a fancy art auction now. The OT as it should be in Winter(Too large a picture).
Last edited by trackstar on November 4th, 2014, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

RIP

November 5th, 2014, 2:33 pm

Life is too short for puzzles? Quoteswimming in ice holesPass.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on November 4th, 2014, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daveangel

RIP

November 5th, 2014, 2:38 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnLife is too short for puzzles? Quoteswimming in ice holesPass.Quote swimming with ass holes and drinking beer pass on that as well
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers

trackstar

RIP

November 5th, 2014, 2:48 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnLife is too short for puzzles? I am quite surprised that you would say this.Isn't C++ a kind of puzzle? And FDM and Monte Carlo Frameworks - I open these two books (goodness how many pages!) and looks like a bunch of little coded math puzzles to me. As for swimming in ice holes with the {fine gentlemen} of the OT - as you wish (or not). For a little laugh, can you supply the code that would transform the set {fine gentlemen} into the set {other ways to describe some of the men of the OT}?(Granted there are certainly a few gentlemen and also several other types around here. Nature loves diversity!)It would not be ladylike for me to do so, but some colorful words do come to mind.
Last edited by trackstar on November 4th, 2014, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

RIP

November 5th, 2014, 3:20 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnLife is too short for puzzles? I am quite surprised that you would say this.Isn't C++ a kind of puzzle? And FDM and Monte Carlo Frameworks - I open these two books (goodness how many pages!) and looks like a bunch of little coded math puzzles to me. As for swimming in ice holes with the {fine gentlemen} of the OT - as you wish (or not). For a little laugh, can you supply the code that would transform the set {fine gentlemen} into the set {other ways to describe the men of the OT}?It would not be ladylike for me to do so, but some colorful words do come to mind. These days looking for Noah on the mountains of Ararat is an option.

daveangel

RIP

November 5th, 2014, 3:24 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnLife is too short for puzzles? I am quite surprised that you would say this.Isn't C++ a kind of puzzle? And FDM and Monte Carlo Frameworks - I open these two books (goodness how many pages!) and looks like a bunch of little coded math puzzles to me. As for swimming in ice holes with the {fine gentlemen} of the OT - as you wish (or not). For a little laugh, can you supply the code that would transform the set {fine gentlemen} into the set {other ways to describe the men of the OT}?It would not be ladylike for me to do so, but some colorful words do come to mind. These days looking for Noah on the mountains of Ararat is an option.It would seem that we should bid RIP to the RIP thread.

trackstar

RIP

November 5th, 2014, 3:28 pm

OK last post and then back to the RIPs. I will start a new thread called Traveling in Space and Time. QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnThese days looking for Noah on the mountains of Ararat is an option.People can do what they like in terms of searching for people/things/answers to puzzles.What about long and complicated voyages? Think of the Odyssey! Here is an example: imagine if I were abducted by a friendly spaceship and they took me to the far corners of the universe. I met all kinds of interesting beings and took many pictures.Perhaps I would be gone for a few years and when I came back, I would log on to W Forum so I could tell you all about those great adventures.Would I get a warm welcome here in the OT, or... ?

daveangel

RIP

November 5th, 2014, 3:32 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarOK last post and then back to the RIPs. I will start a new thread called Time and Space Travelling. QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnThese days looking for Noah on the mountains of Ararat is an option.People can do what they like in terms of searching for people/things/answers to puzzles.What about long and complicated voyages? Think of the Odyssey! And here is an example: imagine if I were abducted by a friendly spaceship and they took me to the far corners of the universe. I met all kinds of interesting beings and took many pictures.Perhaps I would be gone for a few years and when I came back, I would log on to W Forum so I could tell you all about those great adventures.Would I get a warm welcome here in the OT, or... ? It depends on whether you start a new thread to tell us about your adventures or decide that the RIP thread is the most appropriate and then write in a tangential manner

trackstar

RIP

November 5th, 2014, 3:37 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelIt depends on whether you start a new thread to tell us about your adventures or decide that the RIP thread is the most appropriate and then write in a tangential mannerHave you ever had jet lag? Just think if you travelled hundreds of millions of miles over the course of three years. You got home, fed your cat, put in a laundry and logged on to W.Just pick the topmost thread for now - you can refine your ideas and launch new threads after you have had a good meal and a bit of sleep. Anyway, back to my art auction. A new thread was born. The gentlemen may continue the RIP discussion at their leisure. Exeunt trackstar.

Cuchulainn

RIP

November 5th, 2014, 3:54 pm

The RIP thread is like a graveyard. Visitors should treat it with the greatest respect.

daveangel

RIP

November 5th, 2014, 4:11 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnThe RIP thread is like a graveyard. Visitors should treat it with the greatest respect.It is also the funeral parlour and the pub for the wake...

ppauper

RIP

November 5th, 2014, 4:22 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelIt depends on whether you start a new thread to tell us about your adventures or decide that the RIP thread is the most appropriate and then write in a tangential mannerHave you ever had jet lag? Just think if you travelled hundreds of millions of miles over the course of three years. You got home, fed your cat, put in a laundry and logged on to W.Just pick the topmost thread for now - you can refine your ideas and launch new threads after you have had a good meal and a bit of sleep. Anyway, back to my art auction. A new thread was born. The so-called gentlemen may continue the RIP discussion at their leisure. Exeunt trackstar.is not exeunt for a group ?

trackstar

RIP

November 5th, 2014, 4:28 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperis not exeunt for a group ?What you did not know is that indeed "trackstar" is a consortium.

Cuchulainn

RIP

November 5th, 2014, 5:05 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelIt depends on whether you start a new thread to tell us about your adventures or decide that the RIP thread is the most appropriate and then write in a tangential mannerHave you ever had jet lag? Just think if you travelled hundreds of millions of miles over the course of three years. You got home, fed your cat, put in a laundry and logged on to W.Just pick the topmost thread for now - you can refine your ideas and launch new threads after you have had a good meal and a bit of sleep. Anyway, back to my art auction. A new thread was born. The so-called gentlemen may continue the RIP discussion at their leisure. Exeunt trackstar.is not exeunt for a group ?Or Romani ite domum,Imperative? ?
Last edited by Cuchulainn on November 4th, 2014, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On