SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

EBal

obamacare is so stupid

July 2nd, 2016, 4:08 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: EBalQuoteOriginally posted by: list1US wars are one of the primary reasons of the current financial crisis. It was time when the press published wars' expenses Yugoslavia, Iraq, etc. Billions were spent without any returns and Government needed to cover money evaporation. Obamacare simply took a peace of money from one given them to others. Hundred years ago one paid doctor directly. Now a large number of people are involved that say working on 'hedging' insurance for people.Any kind of insurance simply takes money from some people and gives it to others. A hundred years ago life expectancy was 30 years. a couple of hours of doctor time as the person laying dying.Exactly! I am convinced that this is the ultimate goal of the opponents of the ACA!
Last edited by EBal on July 1st, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ppauper

obamacare is so stupid

July 2nd, 2016, 4:54 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: EBalQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: EBalQuoteOriginally posted by: list1US wars are one of the primary reasons of the current financial crisis. It was time when the press published wars' expenses Yugoslavia, Iraq, etc. Billions were spent without any returns and Government needed to cover money evaporation. Obamacare simply took a peace of money from one given them to others. Hundred years ago one paid doctor directly. Now a large number of people are involved that say working on 'hedging' insurance for people.Any kind of insurance simply takes money from some people and gives it to others. A hundred years ago life expectancy was 30 years. a couple of hours of doctor time as the person laying dying.Exactly! I am convinced that this is the ultimate goal of the opponents of the ACA!Obamacare's True Costs Are Finally Coming To LightQuotePresident Obama sold his law as a means to spare people from "double-digit premium increases year after year."Instead, his "inartfully" named - and drafted - Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act has made the situation worse, with insurers asking for the double-digit premium increases the president promised to do away with.(snip)Increases like these, if approved, will come on top of the average 41 percent hike in rates during Obamacare's first year.The only reason the "Affordable" Care Act is even remotely affordable to anyone is because of the tens of billions of dollars in subsidies it hands out to about 6.4 million enrollees.
Last edited by ppauper on July 1st, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

obamacare is so stupid

July 2nd, 2016, 9:44 am

There was no Obamacare in the old days.QuoteFor 1,500 years after creation, men lived such long lives that most were either contemporaries of the first man, Adam, or personally knew someone who was! The ten patriarchs (excluding Enoch) who preceded the Great Flood lived an average of 912 years. Lamech died the youngest at the age of 777, and Methuselah lived to be the oldest at 969.This unequivocally proves that Obamaca is evil, right poops?
Step over the gap, not into it. Watch the space between platform and train.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

ppauper

obamacare is so stupid

July 2nd, 2016, 10:01 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnThere was no Obamacare in the old days.QuoteFor 1,500 years after creation, men lived such long lives that most were either contemporaries of the first man, Adam, or personally knew someone who was! The ten patriarchs (excluding Enoch) who preceded the Great Flood lived an average of 912 years. Lamech died the youngest at the age of 777, and Methuselah lived to be the oldest at 969.This unequivocally proves that Obamaca is evil, right poops?kook, I'm not sure what one has to do with the other, so (in this matter only) I'll defer to your expertise Most people think Obamacare is evil because they are paying considerably more for healthcare than they were before obamacare yet getting less in return

Cuchulainn

obamacare is so stupid

July 2nd, 2016, 10:56 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnThere was no Obamacare in the old days.QuoteFor 1,500 years after creation, men lived such long lives that most were either contemporaries of the first man, Adam, or personally knew someone who was! The ten patriarchs (excluding Enoch) who preceded the Great Flood lived an average of 912 years. Lamech died the youngest at the age of 777, and Methuselah lived to be the oldest at 969.This unequivocally proves that Obamaca is evil, right poops?kook, I'm not sure what one has to do with the other, so (in this matter only) I'll defer to your expertise Most people think Obamacare is evil because they are paying considerably more for healthcare than they were before obamacare yet getting less in returnI was being sarcastic. So why do you think old timers lived so long compared to those of the the last 100 years?
Last edited by Cuchulainn on July 1st, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Traden4Alpha

obamacare is so stupid

July 2nd, 2016, 11:06 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnThere was no Obamacare in the old days.QuoteFor 1,500 years after creation, men lived such long lives that most were either contemporaries of the first man, Adam, or personally knew someone who was! The ten patriarchs (excluding Enoch) who preceded the Great Flood lived an average of 912 years. Lamech died the youngest at the age of 777, and Methuselah lived to be the oldest at 969.This unequivocally proves that Obamaca is evil, right poops?kook, I'm not sure what one has to do with the other, so (in this matter only) I'll defer to your expertise Most people think Obamacare is evil because they are paying considerably more for healthcare than they were before obamacare yet getting less in returnI was being sarcastic. So why do you think old timers lived so long compared to those of the the last 100 years?Translation error between lunar & solar time.

Cuchulainn

obamacare is so stupid

July 2nd, 2016, 12:10 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnThere was no Obamacare in the old days.QuoteFor 1,500 years after creation, men lived such long lives that most were either contemporaries of the first man, Adam, or personally knew someone who was! The ten patriarchs (excluding Enoch) who preceded the Great Flood lived an average of 912 years. Lamech died the youngest at the age of 777, and Methuselah lived to be the oldest at 969.This unequivocally proves that Obamaca is evil, right poops?kook, I'm not sure what one has to do with the other, so (in this matter only) I'll defer to your expertise Most people think Obamacare is evil because they are paying considerably more for healthcare than they were before obamacare yet getting less in returnI was being sarcastic. So why do you think old timers lived so long compared to those of the the last 100 years?Translation error between lunar & solar time.In this case time is standing still.

Traden4Alpha

obamacare is so stupid

July 2nd, 2016, 12:42 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnThere was no Obamacare in the old days.QuoteFor 1,500 years after creation, men lived such long lives that most were either contemporaries of the first man, Adam, or personally knew someone who was! The ten patriarchs (excluding Enoch) who preceded the Great Flood lived an average of 912 years. Lamech died the youngest at the age of 777, and Methuselah lived to be the oldest at 969.This unequivocally proves that Obamaca is evil, right poops?kook, I'm not sure what one has to do with the other, so (in this matter only) I'll defer to your expertise Most people think Obamacare is evil because they are paying considerably more for healthcare than they were before obamacare yet getting less in returnI was being sarcastic. So why do you think old timers lived so long compared to those of the the last 100 years?Translation error between lunar & solar time.In this case time is standing still.Which makes life easier for people who can't or don't want to think for themselves.

ppauper

obamacare is so stupid

July 2nd, 2016, 1:31 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnThere was no Obamacare in the old days.QuoteFor 1,500 years after creation, men lived such long lives that most were either contemporaries of the first man, Adam, or personally knew someone who was! The ten patriarchs (excluding Enoch) who preceded the Great Flood lived an average of 912 years. Lamech died the youngest at the age of 777, and Methuselah lived to be the oldest at 969.This unequivocally proves that Obamaca is evil, right poops?kook, I'm not sure what one has to do with the other, so (in this matter only) I'll defer to your expertise Most people think Obamacare is evil because they are paying considerably more for healthcare than they were before obamacare yet getting less in returnI was being sarcastic. So why do you think old timers lived so long compared to those of the the last 100 years?man has forsaken God

list1

obamacare is so stupid

July 2nd, 2016, 1:44 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: EBalQuoteOriginally posted by: list1US wars are one of the primary reasons of the current financial crisis. It was time when the press published wars' expenses Yugoslavia, Iraq, etc. Billions were spent without any returns and Government needed to cover money evaporation. Obamacare simply took a peace of money from one given them to others. Hundred years ago one paid doctor directly. Now a large number of people are involved that say working on 'hedging' insurance for people.Any kind of insurance simply takes money from some people and gives it to others. A hundred years ago life expectancy was 30 years.I meant a little bit different. You are right about insurance basic construction. I meant that there was a particular insurance system and the innovation was to take money from already existed groups of people which made their regular payments and transfer them to new insurance providers by decreasing premiums for low income groups and increasing for others. Probably new providers are somewhat connected to Democratic Party. To say that innovation is more conditionally effective than old one if we take into account that more people are now covered. Under increasing premium condition for other group it is difficult to say that new health system is more effective than old.
Last edited by list1 on July 1st, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katastrofa

obamacare is so stupid

July 2nd, 2016, 3:44 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnThere was no Obamacare in the old days.QuoteFor 1,500 years after creation, men lived such long lives that most were either contemporaries of the first man, Adam, or personally knew someone who was! The ten patriarchs (excluding Enoch) who preceded the Great Flood lived an average of 912 years. Lamech died the youngest at the age of 777, and Methuselah lived to be the oldest at 969.This unequivocally proves that Obamaca is evil, right poops?kook, I'm not sure what one has to do with the other, so (in this matter only) I'll defer to your expertise Most people think Obamacare is evil because they are paying considerably more for healthcare than they were before obamacare yet getting less in returnI was being sarcastic. So why do you think old timers lived so long compared to those of the the last 100 years?man has forsaken GodFor pesticides.

Traden4Alpha

obamacare is so stupid

July 2nd, 2016, 4:06 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnThere was no Obamacare in the old days.QuoteFor 1,500 years after creation, men lived such long lives that most were either contemporaries of the first man, Adam, or personally knew someone who was! The ten patriarchs (excluding Enoch) who preceded the Great Flood lived an average of 912 years. Lamech died the youngest at the age of 777, and Methuselah lived to be the oldest at 969.This unequivocally proves that Obamaca is evil, right poops?kook, I'm not sure what one has to do with the other, so (in this matter only) I'll defer to your expertise Most people think Obamacare is evil because they are paying considerably more for healthcare than they were before obamacare yet getting less in returnI was being sarcastic. So why do you think old timers lived so long compared to those of the the last 100 years?man has forsaken GodFor pesticides.And easy credit.

katastrofa

obamacare is so stupid

July 2nd, 2016, 4:26 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnThere was no Obamacare in the old days.QuoteFor 1,500 years after creation, men lived such long lives that most were either contemporaries of the first man, Adam, or personally knew someone who was! The ten patriarchs (excluding Enoch) who preceded the Great Flood lived an average of 912 years. Lamech died the youngest at the age of 777, and Methuselah lived to be the oldest at 969.This unequivocally proves that Obamaca is evil, right poops?kook, I'm not sure what one has to do with the other, so (in this matter only) I'll defer to your expertise Most people think Obamacare is evil because they are paying considerably more for healthcare than they were before obamacare yet getting less in returnI was being sarcastic. So why do you think old timers lived so long compared to those of the the last 100 years?man has forsaken GodFor pesticides.And easy credit.And HFCS.

Cuchulainn

obamacare is so stupid

July 2nd, 2016, 4:29 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnThere was no Obamacare in the old days.QuoteFor 1,500 years after creation, men lived such long lives that most were either contemporaries of the first man, Adam, or personally knew someone who was! The ten patriarchs (excluding Enoch) who preceded the Great Flood lived an average of 912 years. Lamech died the youngest at the age of 777, and Methuselah lived to be the oldest at 969.This unequivocally proves that Obamaca is evil, right poops?kook, I'm not sure what one has to do with the other, so (in this matter only) I'll defer to your expertise Most people think Obamacare is evil because they are paying considerably more for healthcare than they were before obamacare yet getting less in returnI was being sarcastic. So why do you think old timers lived so long compared to those of the the last 100 years?man has forsaken GodFor pesticides.I blame Salt. Genesis 19:26.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on July 1st, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EBal

obamacare is so stupid

July 4th, 2016, 3:47 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: list1QuoteOriginally posted by: EBalQuoteOriginally posted by: list1US wars are one of the primary reasons of the current financial crisis. It was time when the press published wars' expenses Yugoslavia, Iraq, etc. Billions were spent without any returns and Government needed to cover money evaporation. Obamacare simply took a peace of money from one given them to others. Hundred years ago one paid doctor directly. Now a large number of people are involved that say working on 'hedging' insurance for people.Any kind of insurance simply takes money from some people and gives it to others. A hundred years ago life expectancy was 30 years.I meant a little bit different. You are right about insurance basic construction. I meant that there was a particular insurance system and the innovation was to take money from already existed groups of people which made their regular payments and transfer them to new insurance providers by decreasing premiums for low income groups and increasing for others. Probably new providers are somewhat connected to Democratic Party. To say that innovation is more conditionally effective than old one if we take into account that more people are now covered. Under increasing premium condition for other group it is difficult to say that new health system is more effective than old.It is simple, really. People understood it fifty early ago already: 1963, which is like an eternity. Why we are still discussing it is beyond me.
Last edited by EBal on July 3rd, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On