SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

tagoma

new yorkers are really pathetic and deluded

October 31st, 2012, 7:25 pm

that reminds me the time i was studying in Dundee. i used to buy cans of spaghettis with tomatoe sauce at Tesco's.this was awful stuff to eat, but really cheap (10 pence).ah .... those good old times
Last edited by tagoma on October 30th, 2012, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

November 1st, 2012, 5:22 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CrashedMint(snip)Commode on Legs: $35,115>> The term "commode" is also a rurally used colloquial synonym used for a toilet in the United States.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

Every Time We Teach a Child Something, We Keep Him from Inventing It Himself
Jean Piaget

EscapeArtist999

November 1st, 2012, 8:56 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: edouardthat reminds me the time i was studying in Dundee. i used to buy cans of spaghettis with tomatoe sauce at Tesco's.this was awful stuff to eat, but really cheap (10 pence).ah .... those good old times That must have been a while ago...

exneratunrisk

November 1st, 2012, 9:21 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CrashedMint(snip)Commode on Legs: $35,115>> The term "commode" is also a rurally used colloquial synonym used for a toilet in the United States.That costs less than Harrod's posh noodles (input costs more than output devices) .... but on legs?

ppauper

November 1st, 2012, 9:23 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: edouardthat reminds me the time i was studying in Dundee. i used to buy cans of spaghettis with tomatoe sauce at Tesco's.this was awful stuff to eat, but really cheap (10 pence).ah .... those good old times not quite as good as chef boyardee, but

Cuchulainn

November 9th, 2012, 12:35 pm

Fuel rationing
Last edited by Cuchulainn on November 8th, 2012, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jean Piaget

trackstar

January 23rd, 2013, 11:10 pm

If you think New Yorkers are pathetic and deluded, how about the folks in DC? And LA - City of the Fallen Angels?I love Santa Monica though, so leave them out of it!
Last edited by trackstar on January 23rd, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ppauper

December 31st, 2013, 10:26 am

priced out of the market

tagoma

December 31st, 2013, 10:34 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnFuel rationing I'm guessing these are those people who eat birds.

farmer
Topic Author

January 2nd, 2014, 7:07 pm

QuoteNEW YORK?The deadline for submissions for the city's micro-apartment program has ended, with 33 proposals received.Announced in July, the competition is a pilot that could set the stage for reducing the minimum number of square feet for an apartment in New York City. Micro-apartments are expected to be between 275 and 300 square feet, but could be even smaller if design teams can fit a bathroom and a window in the space.Current regulations stipulate that apartments be no smaller than 450 square feet, though anecdotal evidence and city officials suggest that smaller units already exist.

tagoma

January 15th, 2014, 8:45 pm

PizzagateDo New-Yorkers really eat pizzas with the hands?(even) In my humble circle we use a fork/knife.

ppauper

January 15th, 2014, 9:21 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: edouardPizzagateDo New-Yorkers really eat pizzas with the hands?(even) In my humble circle we use a fork/knife.mon jan 13 2014 in the America Home of Bugs Bunny threadQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelHow do you eat your pizza ?like I said thereQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelHow do you eat your pizza ?it's like that episode of seinfeld where people ate candy bars with a knife and forkPizza: for little caesar's/dominos/etc normally we just eat it out of the box with our hands, but once in a while I go to a gourmet pizza place where you get a (small, overpriced) individual pizza with a very thin crust, normally with weird toppings (at least one such place I have been to offers a snail pizza, although I would never eat such a thing) and there you are supposed to use a knife and fork

bearish

January 16th, 2014, 1:19 am

A proper NYC pizza is meant to eaten by hand, whether home made (I am experimenting with a pizza steel in place of the pizza stone, which is not as sturdy as one might think) or from/in a restaurant. The problem arises around the middle if the topping is too moist. It may then cause the crust to get soggy and lose structural integrity, inviting the use of tools. This could be viewed as a definitional problem, in that a pizza with a soggy center is not a "proper NYC pizza", but if it is encountered in a proper NYC pizzeria, then this sounds nit-picky. Which is not to say that I stand up for our current mayor, who has big shoes to fill and so far not much to show for himself.

traderjoe1976

January 16th, 2014, 4:51 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: edouardPizzagateDo New-Yorkers really eat pizzas with the hands?(even) In my humble circle we use a fork/knife.New York Pizza is always thin-crust and is meant to be eaten with the hands.If you prefer the thick-crust pizza or the stuffed-crust pizza, you should move to Chicago.

Cuchulainn

January 16th, 2014, 10:19 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: edouardPizzagateDo New-Yorkers really eat pizzas with the hands?(even) In my humble circle we use a fork/knife.When I lived in Oman I never ate with knife and fork .. the steel destroys the taste.Use right for eating, not left hand. In NYC you eat pizza and drink Schlitz in the bar while watching the ball game
Last edited by Cuchulainn on January 15th, 2014, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jean Piaget
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On