SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

zerdna
Topic Author

David Petraeus

November 9th, 2012, 8:43 pm

David Petraeus, best soldier in United States has just resigned. Petraeus said in resignation letter that he had an affair. He also said a couple of weeks ago that no one in CIA gave orders to stand down and not help US consulate in Libya and soldiers who defended it. He will not testify during Beghazi hearing. Hail Caesar Obama, we who are about to die salute you!

traderjoe1976

David Petraeus

November 9th, 2012, 8:58 pm

Well, he was married for 37 years and his wife is not exactly a skinny, young supermodel-type like Paul Ryan's wife is. So, it is quite understandable that he would have an affair or check ut some hookers. I can't understand the hypocrisy of this situation where he has to resign because of an affair. Newt Gingrich had an affair. Rev. Jesse Jackson has a daughter with a woman who is not his wife. I guess over half of middle-aged, married men have have affairs or sampled hookers. I don't understand why this poor guy had to resign.

Alan

David Petraeus

November 9th, 2012, 9:07 pm

seems obvious to me: because it's the CIA

zerdna
Topic Author

David Petraeus

November 9th, 2012, 9:14 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: traderjoe1976Well, he was married for 37 years and his wife is not exactly a skinny, young supermodel-type like Paul Ryan's wife is. So, it is quite understandable that he would have an affair or check ut some hookers. I can't understand the hypocrisy of this situation where he has to resign because of an affair. Newt Gingrich had an affair. Rev. Jesse Jackson has a daughter with a woman who is not his wife. I guess over half of middle-aged, married men have have affairs or sampled hookers. I don't understand why this poor guy had to resign.Everyone has affairs, that's not the point. Clinton had affair and Edwards had affair and a child. All these people who had affairs, they didn't climb onto the podium and said, 'i had affair, i resign'. They denied it when shown a semen stained dress and sex video. I still remember how Rangel went on TV and explained how Monica sneaked Clinton's condom from his bedroom or something. No one ever heard a whiff about David Petraeus affair until he resigned. How convenient is it that he is not testifying on Benghazi as a result of this resignation.
Last edited by zerdna on November 8th, 2012, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daveangel

David Petraeus

November 10th, 2012, 8:05 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: zerdnaQuoteOriginally posted by: traderjoe1976Well, he was married for 37 years and his wife is not exactly a skinny, young supermodel-type like Paul Ryan's wife is. So, it is quite understandable that he would have an affair or check ut some hookers. I can't understand the hypocrisy of this situation where he has to resign because of an affair. Newt Gingrich had an affair. Rev. Jesse Jackson has a daughter with a woman who is not his wife. I guess over half of middle-aged, married men have have affairs or sampled hookers. I don't understand why this poor guy had to resign.Everyone has affairs, that's not the point. Clinton had affair and Edwards had affair and a child. All these people who had affairs, they didn't climb onto the podium and said, 'i had affair, i resign'. They denied it when shown a semen stained dress and sex video. I still remember how Rangel went on TV and explained how Monica sneaked Clinton's condom from his bedroom or something. No one ever heard a whiff about David Petraeus affair until he resigned. How convenient is it that he is not testifying on Benghazi as a result of this resignation.you see conspiracies everywhere..
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers

ppauper

David Petraeus

November 10th, 2012, 8:59 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: zerdnaQuoteOriginally posted by: traderjoe1976Well, he was married for 37 years and his wife is not exactly a skinny, young supermodel-type like Paul Ryan's wife is. So, it is quite understandable that he would have an affair or check ut some hookers. I can't understand the hypocrisy of this situation where he has to resign because of an affair. Newt Gingrich had an affair. Rev. Jesse Jackson has a daughter with a woman who is not his wife. I guess over half of middle-aged, married men have have affairs or sampled hookers. I don't understand why this poor guy had to resign.Everyone has affairs, that's not the point. Clinton had affair and Edwards had affair and a child. All these people who had affairs, they didn't climb onto the podium and said, 'i had affair, i resign'. They denied it when shown a semen stained dress and sex video. I still remember how Rangel went on TV and explained how Monica sneaked Clinton's condom from his bedroom or something. No one ever heard a whiff about David Petraeus affair until he resigned. How convenient is it that he is not testifying on Benghazi as a result of this resignation.indeed, have values really changed that much in the democratic party from the days of BJ Clinton

Cuchulainn

David Petraeus

November 10th, 2012, 9:04 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: zerdnaQuoteOriginally posted by: traderjoe1976Well, he was married for 37 years and his wife is not exactly a skinny, young supermodel-type like Paul Ryan's wife is. So, it is quite understandable that he would have an affair or check ut some hookers. I can't understand the hypocrisy of this situation where he has to resign because of an affair. Newt Gingrich had an affair. Rev. Jesse Jackson has a daughter with a woman who is not his wife. I guess over half of middle-aged, married men have have affairs or sampled hookers. I don't understand why this poor guy had to resign.Everyone has affairs, that's not the point. Clinton had affair and Edwards had affair and a child. All these people who had affairs, they didn't climb onto the podium and said, 'i had affair, i resign'. They denied it when shown a semen stained dress and sex video. I still remember how Rangel went on TV and explained how Monica sneaked Clinton's condom from his bedroom or something. No one ever heard a whiff about David Petraeus affair until he resigned. How convenient is it that he is not testifying on Benghazi as a result of this resignation.indeed, have values really changed that much in the democratic party from the days of BJ ClintonIt's all history now. Let it go. Look to the future.Romney lost, KO.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on November 9th, 2012, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Step over the gap, not into it. Watch the space between platform and train.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

Fermion

David Petraeus

November 10th, 2012, 9:48 am

You guys need to get up to speed on the salient facts instead of the usual ideologically based bullshit. Apparently his biographer is being investigated by the FBI for trying to access his emails. It's well-established in spook circles that affairs are forbidden because of the risk of blackmail. Anyone else remember Profumo? So if you want to implicate Obama in a conspiracy you should tell us that she was put up to seducing and spying on him by the White House.
Last edited by Fermion on November 9th, 2012, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

David Petraeus

November 10th, 2012, 9:54 am

QuoteAnyone else remember Profumo? Yep.And not forgetting Christine Keeler QuoteThe Profumo Affair was a 1963 British political scandal named after John Profumo, Secretary of State for War. His affair with Christine Keeler, the reputed mistress of an alleged Soviet spy, followed by lying in the House of Commons when he was questioned about it, forced the resignation of Profumo and damaged the reputation of Prime Minister Harold Macmillan's government. Macmillan himself resigned a few months later due to ill health.This answers Zerdna's concerns. Very simple.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on November 9th, 2012, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Step over the gap, not into it. Watch the space between platform and train.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

ppauper

David Petraeus

November 10th, 2012, 10:07 am

this matter came to light because the FBI was spying on the CIA director.Is it routine and normal for the FBI to spy on the CIA director, or is abuse of power ?

ppauper

David Petraeus

November 10th, 2012, 10:08 am

profumo was 1963.BJ Clinton was 30 years more recent

ppauper

David Petraeus

November 10th, 2012, 10:09 am

Light Colonel Ralph Peters On Petraeus: "Timing Is Just Too Perfect"QuoteI don't like conspiracy theories, I may be totally wrong, but the timing of this, again, right after the election and right before Petraeus is supposed to get grilled on Capitol Hill, it's really smells.

zerdna
Topic Author

David Petraeus

November 10th, 2012, 10:58 am

There is one person in the world who could authorize FBI to go through personal e-mails of CIA director. Ask yourself why. I can care less if someone fucked someone. US government went a long way to hide Clinton affair. Its bad, but expected. I have never heard of affair that required direct presidential order to look for dirt everywhere to get discovered. Moreover, director of CIA. There is no person in FBI who has security clearence to read Petraes mail, it's enormous risk of leakinig most strategic information. Why was this order given?
Last edited by zerdna on November 9th, 2012, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trackstar

David Petraeus

November 10th, 2012, 11:22 am

If the order was given, it would have been on strong suspicions.Recently I saw Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. Wonderful adaptation of the Le Carre novel. You can't have leaks at the top of the Circus.Today I will see Skyfall. Can't wait for the Petraeus movie to come out. Palace intrigue during a hot election!(They must have known earlier than this - but managed to keep it quiet until the voting results were final.)

CrashedMint

David Petraeus

November 10th, 2012, 11:56 am

Just to understand the American view of this, are you guys thinking he needs to go because i) it's intrinsically "wrong" to have an affairii) it shows lack of judgment to risk being blackmailable because of the affair?
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On