Topic Author

The World According to edouard

December 28th, 2012, 9:45 pm

I think it is time for a new blog.

trackstar
Topic Author

December 28th, 2012, 9:45 pm

EYES ONLY!edouard:This is a shot across your bow.For details, see my blog. TSVia diplomatic pouch: US-France
Last edited by trackstar on December 27th, 2012, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tags

December 29th, 2012, 1:31 am

I was out tonight.What's going on over here?Thread locks what?A new thread "The World According to edouard" what?An adult and terrorist thread for outrun what?It's a real mess in the OT, now.LOL

tags

December 29th, 2012, 1:36 am

Ah! It seems this is my new blog ....

tags

December 29th, 2012, 1:37 am

If you have funny stories to tell.Feel free to post in this thread.

trackstar
Topic Author

December 29th, 2012, 3:01 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: edouardI was out tonight.What's going on over here?Thread locks what?A new thread "The World According to edouard" what?An adult and terrorist thread for outrun what?It's a real mess in the OT, now.LOLYes, just a bit of mischief before the New Year!

tags

December 29th, 2012, 10:11 am

JejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejeAh, no, nothing, guys. I'm laughing because I just told myself a funny story I even didn't know.
Last edited by tags on December 28th, 2012, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

December 29th, 2012, 10:14 am

QuoteOkay, pork belly prices have been dropping all morning, which means that everybody is waiting for it to hit rock bottom, so they can buy low. Which means that the people who own the pork belly contracts are saying, "Hey, we're losing all our damn money, and Christmas is around the corner, and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the G.I. Joe with the kung-fu grip! And my wife ain't gonna f... my wife ain't gonna make love to me if I got no money!" So they're panicking right now, they're screaming "SELL! SELL!" to get out before the price keeps dropping. They're panicking out there right now, I can feel it. QuoteBilly Ray: No thanks, guys, I already had breakfast this morning. Mortimer Duke: This is not a *meal*, Valentine. We are here to TRY to explain to you what is we do here. Randolph Duke: We are 'commodities brokers', William. Now, what are commodities? Commodities are agricultural products... like coffee that you had for breakfast... wheat, which is used to make bread... pork bellies, which is used to make bacon, which you might find in a 'bacon and lettuce and tomato' sandwich. [Billy Ray turns and gives a long look at the camera] Randolph Duke: Randolph [continuing] Randolph Duke: And then there are other commodities, like frozen orange juice... and GOLD. Though, of course, gold doesn't grow on trees like oranges.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on December 28th, 2012, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tags

December 29th, 2012, 10:22 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOkay, pork belly prices have been dropping all morning, which means that everybody is waiting for it to hit rock bottom, so they can buy low. Which means that the people who own the pork belly contracts are saying, "Hey, we're losing all our damn money, and Christmas is around the corner, and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the G.I. Joe with the kung-fu grip! And my wife ain't gonna f... my wife ain't gonna make love to me if I got no money!" So they're panicking right now, they're screaming "SELL! SELL!" to get out before the price keeps dropping. They're panicking out there right now, I can feel it. I remember this scene of Trading Places.At 0'45'' a screen reads quotes (supposedly) from the CME!Notice that the screen display is much like the minitel!

tags

December 29th, 2012, 5:35 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunUS - France. This is no level playing field!

Cuchulainn

December 30th, 2012, 4:53 pm

Kikuchiyo: What do you think of farmers? You think they're saints? Hah! They're foxy beasts! They say, "We've got no rice, we've no wheat. We've got nothing!" But they have! They have everything! Dig under the floors! Or search the barns! You'll find plenty! Beans, salt, rice, sake! Look in the valleys, they've got hidden warehouses! They pose as saints but are full of lies! If they smell a battle, they hunt the defeated! They're nothing but stingy, greedy, blubbering, foxy, and mean! God damn it all! But then who made them such beasts? You did! You samurai did it! You burn their villages! Destroy their farms! Steal their food! Force them to labour! Take their women! And kill them if they resist! So what should farmers do? A good fort needs a gap. The enemy must be lured in. So we can attack them. If we only defend, we lose the war.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on December 29th, 2012, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tags

December 30th, 2012, 5:05 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnKikuchiyo: What do you think of farmers? You think they're saints? Hah! They're foxy beasts! They say, "We've got no rice, we've no wheat. We've got nothing!" But they have! They have everything! Dig under the floors! Or search the barns! You'll find plenty! Beans, salt, rice, sake! Look in the valleys, they've got hidden warehouses! They pose as saints but are full of lies! If they smell a battle, they hunt the defeated! They're nothing but stingy, greedy, blubbering, foxy, and mean! God damn it all! But then who made them such beasts? You did! You samurai did it! You burn their villages! Destroy their farms! Steal their food! Force them to labour! Take their women! And kill them if they resist! So what should farmers do? A good fort needs a gap. The enemy must be lured in. So we can attack them. If we only defend, we lose the war.They probably need a CTA to help them with their buying strategies!Anyway, I watched this film (Kurosawa!) a long time ago, but I didn't remember they were talking about rice and wheat at some point of the story.
Last edited by tags on December 29th, 2012, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

December 30th, 2012, 7:25 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: edouardQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnKikuchiyo: What do you think of farmers? You think they're saints? Hah! They're foxy beasts! They say, "We've got no rice, we've no wheat. We've got nothing!" But they have! They have everything! Dig under the floors! Or search the barns! You'll find plenty! Beans, salt, rice, sake! Look in the valleys, they've got hidden warehouses! They pose as saints but are full of lies! If they smell a battle, they hunt the defeated! They're nothing but stingy, greedy, blubbering, foxy, and mean! God damn it all! But then who made them such beasts? You did! You samurai did it! You burn their villages! Destroy their farms! Steal their food! Force them to labour! Take their women! And kill them if they resist! So what should farmers do? A good fort needs a gap. The enemy must be lured in. So we can attack them. If we only defend, we lose the war.Anyway, I watched this film (Kurosawa!) a long time ago, but I didn't remember they were talking about rice and wheat at some point of the story.Less known is Rashomon but also excellent. Some of the actors reappear in 7 Samurai.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on December 29th, 2012, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tags

January 2nd, 2013, 3:13 pm

Hi techbies.Imagine I have a blog hosted by wordpress, the url of which is http://theworldaccordingtoedouard.wordpress.comNow, I want to register the domain name theworldaccordingtoedouard.com so that the ugly 'wordpress' part of the url isn't shown any longer.I then start the process of registration at wordpress, but they inform me this domain name is already registred.And, ouch .. there actually is some kind of blog at theworldaccordingtoedouard.com .But, I really want this domain name.What can I do to help myself?