Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

tags

Sentence Diagrams - A Tool for Intercultural Communication

September 13th, 2013, 8:20 am

This is in London.QuoteDress CodeDress code is Smart Casual. This entails no trainers, denim or shorts. Suits are not necessary, so long as you are smart in appearance.Sounds verbose to me. Is suit with no tie 'Smart Casual' in the UK????

quartz

September 13th, 2013, 8:29 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaI think most Americans would also be pretty consensual with the exception of whining about how they can only eat gluten-free, low-carbohydrate food and are lactose intolerant.With all due respect, but this whining about people with different habits/constraints is starting to get a bit too insisting... I meet on average atleast 10 such winnies for every gluten-free-etc, is it just bad luck? I mean, what's the point of the whole "discussion"?

tags

October 24th, 2013, 7:16 am

I heard this unknown word, today -- NatelQuoteNatel is a term used exclusively in Switzerland and in the Principality of Liechtenstein as 'mobile phone'.This word was coined in 1975, when the Swiss Post (at the time called PTT), chose to introduce a mobile phone service for vehicles in Switzerland: Nationales Auto-TELefonnetz (national phone network for car). When the PTT was dismantled, Swisscom decided to plunge into the market of mobile phones and registered the word Natel for its own uses. Thus, nowadays, Swisscom is the only company who can exploit the term for commercial purposes.In Switzerland it is still used as a synonym for mobile phone (or cell) in every linguistic section. Outside of the Swiss borders this word is unknown like many others which have a cultural origin.

Cuchulainn

October 24th, 2013, 8:42 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: quartzQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaI think most Americans would also be pretty consensual with the exception of whining about how they can only eat gluten-free, low-carbohydrate food and are lactose intolerant.With all due respect, but this whining about people with different habits/constraints is starting to get a bit too insisting... I meet on average atleast 10 such winnies for every gluten-free-etc, is it just bad luck? I mean, what's the point of the whole "discussion"?Indeed!This is beginning to sound like a rant!

Traden4Alpha

October 24th, 2013, 10:44 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: quartzQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaI think most Americans would also be pretty consensual with the exception of whining about how they can only eat gluten-free, low-carbohydrate food and are lactose intolerant.With all due respect, but this whining about people with different habits/constraints is starting to get a bit too insisting... I meet on average atleast 10 such winnies for every gluten-free-etc, is it just bad luck? I mean, what's the point of the whole "discussion"?Indeed!This is beginning to sound like a rant!And your post is anti-rant?????

Cuchulainn

October 24th, 2013, 11:47 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: quartzQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaI think most Americans would also be pretty consensual with the exception of whining about how they can only eat gluten-free, low-carbohydrate food and are lactose intolerant.With all due respect, but this whining about people with different habits/constraints is starting to get a bit too insisting... I meet on average atleast 10 such winnies for every gluten-free-etc, is it just bad luck? I mean, what's the point of the whole "discussion"?Indeed!This is beginning to sound like a rant!And your post is anti-rant?????Like waves and particles, depends on the observer.

tags

October 24th, 2013, 7:27 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: quartzQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaI think most Americans would also be pretty consensual with the exception of whining about how they can only eat gluten-free, low-carbohydrate food and are lactose intolerant.With all due respect, but this whining about people with different habits/constraints is starting to get a bit too insisting... I meet on average atleast 10 such winnies for every gluten-free-etc, is it just bad luck? I mean, what's the point of the whole "discussion"?Indeed!This is beginning to sound like a rant!And your post is anti-rant?????Like waves and particles, depends on the observer.

tags

December 18th, 2013, 11:26 am

Quote24-Hour Accumulation Ending 11:15 Every Day (NOAA) I'm a bit lost here. "11:15" is AM? PM?When there is no AM/PM mention, that means it is a 24H clock and, in this case, it is 11:15AM? (otherwise it would read '23:15' and there would be no need for that AM/PM mention).
Last edited by tags on December 17th, 2013, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rmax

December 18th, 2013, 12:00 pm

That would be my interpretation.

tags

February 3rd, 2014, 11:43 am

THREE ESSAYS ON AGRICULTURAL FUTURES TRADERSp.123QuoteThe best example in recent history is the investing ability of Warrant Buffett, affectionately called the Oracle of Omaha for his persistent ability to earn money for his investors and subsequent ability to attract a large influx of investable dollars.Is 'Warrant' a surname of the guy there in the New World? Or just say a 'typo' ?
Last edited by tags on February 2nd, 2014, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tags

March 9th, 2014, 5:04 pm

"Burn a L, 'cause it's craze in here" (if I understand correctly the words).What is a 'L'? Some comment burning a L is smoking say hazing cigarettes. Is that so?Why 'L'?Nicki Minaj - Freedom

tags

April 29th, 2014, 9:21 pm

Are people in Oklahoma famous for saying prolonged "thhhhh" at the end of words eg ordinal numbers ("fifteenthhhhhh"?) such as in this vid at 2'00'' ?
Last edited by tags on April 28th, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tags

May 13th, 2014, 8:17 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaAre people in Oklahoma famous for saying prolonged "thhhhh" at the end of words eg ordinal numbers ("fifteenthhhhhh"?) such as in this vid at 2'00'' ?It was a serious question.

tags

May 13th, 2014, 8:17 pm

Of course the French have better sex if our idea of sex is limited to men's ideals